digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Pit of 100 Trials
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Super Paper Mario

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:21 pm   Reply with quote

I don't believe it, I did the pit of 100 trials (Flipside) and I got to Frecktail, and his stupid little bad guys killed me with their bullets Sad Now I gotta do it all over again. Sad

Addicted to linebreaks
Plastic Mario
Vampire

HP: 94 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:22 pm   Reply with quote

I feel your pain, during the fight, I just randomly took 1 damage and died. I wasn't in 3D or anything. I just randomly took 1 damage. >.>
Fiberglass World    
cool
Lord Bob
Vampire

HP: 61 MP: 8 Lives: 5

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:25 pm   Reply with quote

It's not "frecktail" in the Flipside pit. There isn't even a "Frecktail" in the game. The Flipside pit boss is "Wracktail."
NON BANNER    

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:43 pm   Reply with quote

bobthelemon wrote:
It's not "frecktail" in the Flipside pit. There isn't even a "Frecktail" in the game. The Flipside pit boss is "Wracktail."

Oh ya, sorry. I gets so confusing. XD

Cid
Lord Krump

HP: 60 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:51 pm   Reply with quote

Buh huh huh. Something similiar to that happened to me once. I wasn't paying attention, and I accidentally walked into an enemy, and got killed. I got so far, as well. Buh huh huh huh!
The Highwind Goods Store    
Strawberry-san
Celeste Dimentia

HP: 100 MP: 0 Lives: 3

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:06 pm   Reply with quote

The Flipside Pit of 100 Trials... how utterly perplexing! Yes, indeed! I can feel your fury, radiating like a thousand angry sunbeams!

But seriously, don't dwell too much on it. That sucks, to be sure, but... it happens. :/ I know it's happened to me at least once... and after going down like... 80 floors... but anyway, good luck and all bouncing back. Surprised
Dimension D    
Mimi Lover
Vampire

HP: 95 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:15 pm   Reply with quote

Yeah, I lost to him, too. It sucks hard. Especially after working so hard to make it there. Also, they could've at least put some movers in, like in PM:TTYD, to make things a little easier. >_<

yoshimitz707
Vampire

HP: 55 MP: 6 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:31 am   Reply with quote

Flipside is easy. Flopside is hard.
GashBell's Shop    
Jumper-on-Koopa-er
Mario Guy
Vampire

HP: 85 MP: 1 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:24 pm   Reply with quote

It stinks going through 100 TRIALS all over again. I'm still at that one Dojo-like place. I hafta fight lotsa guys there too.

The book
Light Prognosticus
Vampire

HP: 88 MP: 10 Lives: 2

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:43 am   Reply with quote

Chaos Dimentio wrote:
The Flipside Pit of 100 Trials... how utterly perplexing! Yes, indeed! I can feel your fury, radiating like a thousand angry sunbeams!

But seriously, don't dwell too much on it. That sucks, to be sure, but... it happens. :/ I know it's happened to me at least once... and after going down like... 80 floors... but anyway, good luck and all bouncing back. Surprised

But I think it will be easy for you to beat Wracktail! After all, who turned Fracktail into a bad robot? Wink
Light Prognosticus's Magic Shop    
Strawberry-san
Celeste Dimentia

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:47 am   Reply with quote

Light Prognosticus wrote:
Chaos Dimentio wrote:

But I think it will be easy for you to beat Wracktail! After all, who turned Fracktail into a bad robot? Wink

You make a good point, my dusty old foe. However, Wracktail is a bio-beast of utter massiveness! He is far more a living creature than he is a machine.
Dimension D    
Super ShadowArticuno

HP: 99 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:11 am   Reply with quote

I've never died on the Pit of 100 trials...

Probably because I could only get to floor 60 before I lost my inspiration and went off to buy Pokemon Battle Revolution.

I will beat at least 1 trial in the game, be it the Pit of 100 trials, Chapter 6, or just the classic: a Speedrun.
A Bucket of Stuff    
Strawberry-san
Celeste Dimentia

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:19 am   Reply with quote

I'm still on the Duel of 100 on my first, game beaten file. I think I'm on the last, 75-100 stretch.
Dimension D    
Richest user. :D
Super Ultimario

HP: 100 MP: 4 Lives: 6

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:02 am   Reply with quote

bobthelemon wrote:

Wouldn't that make the little robots "Freckles"? XD
Ultimario Mart!    
Wacko McGoose
Launching Star
Jailed
Jailed

HP: 10 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:50 pm   Reply with quote

The little enemies on Fracktail's back are called Wrackles.

Here's a tip for both pits. Before you attempt one, make sure you have at least two Ultra Shroom Shakes for the Flipside Pit and three or more for each time through the Flopside Pit. If you don't have enough coins to pay Notso for some of these, and you don't have any stored at Howzit's, have Dyllis make a few Emergency Rations for you. Cooking Disk PU is hard to find, so I'll tell you the recipe: Fire Burst and a Shroom Shake. You can get both at Howzit's for 50 coins total. The description says an Emergency Rations restores 10 HP, but in the Pits, it restores 50 HP.

One more tip: Don't use a particular healing item unless the damage you've taken is equal to or more than what the item will restore. In other words, don't waste a Super Shroom Shake when you're only 10 HP from your max HP. Also, don't use an item if you're super-close to your next level-up. Unless you're in danger and your HP Meter is flashing...

Plastic Mario, if you were taking random damage, you were probably poisoned by some attack. Or you mistakenly ate a Poison Shroom...
Wacko's BURNINATED Gag Shop    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Super Paper Mario