digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

I Might Not Get Brawl Actually...
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Super Smash Bros. Brawl
The Axolotl Sympathist
Geno
Werewolf

HP: 100 MP: 4 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:49 pm   Reply with quote

After tonight I've actually grown to dislike Smash Bros. to a high degree. My friends and I were playing, and all they do is C-Stick spam. I HATE THEM! Seriously, it shows NO skill, because you have a highly charged smash attack at the click of a stick. I know that there are going to be countless people doing this online in Brawl, and I'm going to lose because all you have to do is STAND and spam the stupid cragging stick, and I just can't play with someone that abuses the C-Stick, or even uses it... It's just so DUMB! I wish they had settings on Melee at least to turn the C-Stick off.

I use the A Button for my smash attacks. I think it's the "correct" way to do it. You actually have to charge it up for it to be strong instead of moving a peg one way or another in a split second.

And then my friends think it's hilarious in a free-for-all to gang up on one person for some stupid reason, like "Oh, he's at 150%! We should C-Stick him now because he won't survive it!" I say that's for team battles, not free-for-alls.

Jeez, I guess I just don't respect players like my friends. They can play Smash by themselves. I want challenges without cheapo C-Stickers that mess with me for dumb reasons. Guess that's not happening anytime soon. I think Brawl's a great game, but I just won't tolerate a n00bish way of playing. I'm thinking of canceling my reservation tomorrow or Sunday, because once single player's through, I'll put it aside due to players like my friends.
Geno's Tree    
oar
Super Maiq the Liar

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:51 pm   Reply with quote

Projectiles are fun.
Tamriellic Titles    
Shadow Kingdom
Spell Seal
Burning

HP: 80 MP: 0 Lives: 3

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:52 pm   Reply with quote

HIDE THE GAMECUBE CONTROLLERS, MAKE THEM USE T3H W11M0T35 WHEN YOU ARE PLAYING BRAWL!
DISGUISE KIT    
? Block
Fancy Wario

HP: 69 MP: 8 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:53 pm   Reply with quote

C-Stick smashes are the same as normal, uncharged smash attacks, and it doesn't exactly take skill to press a direction and A at the same time. It's nothing to complain about. And if you think it's so cheap, why not even the playing fields and use it yourself?
ashdgbdsahvdsajghdasvgsahdvsagsa    
The Axolotl Sympathist
Geno
Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:53 pm   Reply with quote

Shadow Kingdom wrote:
HIDE THE GAMECUBE CONTROLLERS, MAKE THEM USE T3H W11M0T35 WHEN YOU ARE PLAYING BRAWL!
Right, I'll be sure to do that to a kid in another country when online.
Geno's Tree    
Ohh, THAT makes sense!
Tyler
Vampire

HP: 95 MP: 2 Lives: 4

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:54 pm   Reply with quote

Lol, I think your friends just suck.
Tyler's Sexy Shop    
The Axolotl Sympathist
Geno
Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:55 pm   Reply with quote

? Block wrote:
C-Stick smashes are the same as normal, uncharged smash attacks, and it doesn't exactly take skill to press a direction and A at the same time. It's nothing to complain about. And if you think it's so cheap, why not even the playing fields and use it yourself?
Because I think it takes more timing and skill to pull off a good "A Smash", and if the CStick only does an uncharged smash attack, why does it do more damage to me than a regular uncharged one? I fly WAY farther wit a C Smash.

Dark Paratroopa wrote:
Yeah, we all know those Primids in the Subspace Emissary will be C-stick whoring.
Well obviously single player won't be an issue, but a big part of Brawl... is online... multiplayer...

And seriously, why even include the C-Stick? All it does is provide a n00by shortcut for lazy people.

Last edited by Geno on Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Geno's Tree    
Para

HP: 99 MP: 6 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:55 pm   Reply with quote

Yeah, we all know those Primids in the Subspace Emissary will be C-stick whoring.

jacking off
Small Sammer Guy

HP: 10 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:58 pm   Reply with quote

Real men does not use C-Sticks
Baby Shop    
Ohh, THAT makes sense!
Tyler
Vampire

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:58 pm   Reply with quote

Geno wrote:
Well obviously single player won't be an issue, but a big part of Brawl... is online... multiplayer...
Dude, only noobs C-Stick. Everyone I've played Melee with doesn't C-Stick... when they do, doesn't matter to me. Plus, most people who own Brawl either won't have C-Sticking (no GCN controller) or they won't use it. So don't miss out on the greatest game in years because your nooby friends decide to misuse a noob technique.
Tyler's Sexy Shop    
The Axolotl Sympathist
Geno
Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:02 pm   Reply with quote

Small Sammer Guy wrote:
My friend is now IMing me and just pissing me off... I hate people like him because they're just like "C-STICK IT LEGIT I PWN WITH C-STICK PWN PWN PWN"

...I HATE EGOS!
Geno's Tree    
? Block
Fancy Wario

HP: 69 MP: 8 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:02 pm   Reply with quote

Geno wrote:
? Block wrote:
Because I think it takes more timing and skill to pull off a good "A Smash", and if the CStick only does an uncharged smash attack, why does it do more damage to me than a regular uncharged one? I fly WAY farther wit a C Smash.

Dark Paratroopa wrote:

And seriously, why even include the C-Stick? All it does is provide a n00by shortcut for lazy people.

Must be something wrong with your copy, then. They're the same power in mine.

Again: pressing a direction and A at the same time DOES NOT TAKE SKILL. It takes the exact same of skill that moving the C-stick does - that is, none at all.
ashdgbdsahvdsajghdasvgsahdvsagsa    
Ohh, THAT makes sense!
Tyler
Vampire

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:04 pm   Reply with quote

Geno wrote:
Small Sammer Guy wrote:
My friend is now IMing me and just pissing me off... I hate people like him because they're just like "C-STICK IT LEGIT I PWN WITH C-STICK PWN PWN PWN"

...I HATE EGOS!
OH! Remove the C-Sticks from your GCN controllers.

(also no c-stick in brawl :))
Tyler's Sexy Shop    
Yoshi
Vampire

HP: 60 MP: 6 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:10 pm   Reply with quote

Roy plus C stick equals one hit death.

My sister spams with it so much. I use Young Link, where C sticking isn't even worth it.
PSI and more    
The Axolotl Sympathist
Geno
Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:15 pm   Reply with quote

Tyler wrote:
Geno wrote:
Small Sammer Guy wrote:

...I HATE EGOS!
OH! Remove the C-Sticks from your GCN controllers.

(also no c-stick in brawl Smile)
Wait, they took out the C-Stick for Brawl? My friend says it's still in.

Glitz Yoshi wrote:
Roy plus C stick equals one hit death.

My sister spams with it so much. I use Young Link, where C sticking isn't even worth it.
My friends use Marth and Roy... sooo yeah... Good thing Roy isn't in Brawl.
Geno's Tree    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Super Smash Bros. Brawl