digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Zomg, Jolene needs more Poke-help!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Gaming
Jolene
Legendary Mashine

HP: 10 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 11:03 am   Reply with quote

'K, so when breeding, a female baby will get its father's stats, and a male baby will get its mother's stats, right? o____o;

So, like... since Abra can breed with Machop for some reason, would it be possible to get an Abra with high attack instead of sp. attack, or a Machop with high sp. attack instead of attack? Or is there some kind of system in place that would prevent these anomalys from occuring? @__@

(We're talking G/S/C here, by the way.)
Glitz Pit Souvenir Shop    
yoshimitz707
Vampire

HP: 55 MP: 6 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 11:09 am   Reply with quote

http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml
GashBell's Shop    
Jolene
Legendary Mashine

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 1:43 pm   Reply with quote

Evil or Very Mad I don't need a website link full of information I already know. I just need a simple "yes" or "no" answer, telling me whether or not I am interpreting this information correctly.
Glitz Pit Souvenir Shop    
Current form: Normal
Marker Magikoopa
Vampire

HP: 38 MP: 6 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 1:44 pm   Reply with quote

If I remember correctly, the mother determines the species of pokemon, and the father determines attacks that are passed on.
Shop #42    
Jolene
Legendary Mashine

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 3:28 pm   Reply with quote

The mother determines the species, the father determines the attacks, and the parent that is the opposite sex of the baby determines the stats. This we know is true.

So, say we have a female Alakazam, let's call her... uh... Mimi. And we also have a male Machamp, named... Francis. They have a baby. The baby would be an Abra. This we also know would also be true.

But what if Mimi and Francis' baby Abra was a girl? Let's make her... Pauline. 'K? So, since a baby Pokemon inherits its stats (ie attack, defense, etc) from its opposite-gendered parents, Pauline would inherit from Francis.

So, what I am asking here is - In the above example, does this mean Pauline would have high attack like Francis did, even though Abras usually do not have high attack?
Glitz Pit Souvenir Shop    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Gaming