digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Choose your own adventure
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Your Creations
Mister I
Almaz

HP: 43 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:01 pm   Reply with quote

Alright everyone, I'm beginning a "Choose your own adventure" series. It will be based completely on the Mario series. However, considering how large the job is, I will require a lot of Chapter-fillers. Therefore, if you have a chapter idea, please personal message me your chapter (or idea of one) and I will get on it.

In addition, the games going to be encorperated are (depeding on your path, the ones with astericks may be optional): Super Mario Bros, Super Mario Bros 3, Paper Mario, Super Mario 64, Super Paper Mario*, Luigi's Mansion*, and general Mario lore.

Now, we shall begin!

Mario stared at the Koopalings with all his might, but just couldn't figure out which one was real. "You'll never-" a Lemmy Koopa began, "-escape!" another Lemmy Koopa ended. "And you'll never-" a third Lemmy mocked, "figure out" a final Lemmy interviened, "which one of us is real!" one of the past Lemmy's stated. "But, we'll give you one chance to figure out which one is the real Lemmy" they all said in unision. Mario was confused, but he had to make a choice...for the princess!

Which Lemmy should Mario pick?

Only YOU decide!

Dear Game Player,

You are about to guide me through a great adventure. As you read this book, you will help me decide where to go and what to do. Whether I succeed or fail is up to you.

At the end of every chapter, you will make choices that determine what happens next. Hidden clues will help you decide what I should do - if you can spot them. The chapters in this book are in a special order. Sometimes you must go backwards in order to go forwards, if you know what I mean.

Along the way, you’ll find many different items to help me with my quest. When you read that I have found something, such as the Fire Flower, you will see a message like the one below:

(Mario has the Fire Flower)

(turn to chapter x)

Good luck!

Unfortunately yours,

Mario Mario

Story will begin on the next post.
Temple of I    
augh!
Piccolo the Pixl

HP: 44 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:03 pm   Reply with quote

*post to prevent loss of coin*
Piccolo's Goods    
Tails Doll

HP: 100 MP: 3 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:07 pm   Reply with quote

*Post*
Hell    
Mister I
Almaz

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:31 pm   Reply with quote

Thanks, Piccolo!

Anyway...

[[Chapter 1]]

Mario gazed out of the window of his home. Today was a lovely day. The sun was shiny and not angry with him, the Tweeters were chirping, and the Flutters danced in the breeze. "This is going to be a great day, I can feel it!" Mario exclaimed as he dashed out of his home. Suddenly, Parkakary ran into him at a breakneck speed. "AWFUL NEWS MARIO, THE PRINCESS GOT KIDNAPPED!" Parkakary exclaimed, completely out of breath. "Again? UGH!" Mario grunted, taking a letter from Mario's trembling hands. "Let's see what Bowser did this time." Mario sighed as he tore open the envelope, sure that it was adressed to him.

The letter read, "Dear Luigi, we really have to stop meeting like last night at the cafe. That was really awkward, in front of the Goomba King, too. I still love you, though. Hopefully, your idiot brother hasn't gotten this letter yet, but if he has, I smudged my name out. Love, *smudged name*

"HEY! THAT'S NOT YOURS, MARIO!" a voice called out from behind him. Luigi soon jumped on Mario's head, knocking his brother to the ground as he snatched up the letter. "Respect privacy!" Luigi demanded, stamping his foot at Mario. "So there's not a letter?" Mario questioned the dazed paratroopa.

"Nope, just heard it straight from Toadsworth, and since I was more reliable than Koopa the Quick, he sent me to tell you" Parkakary answered. "Well, here I-a go!" Mario said with extreme boredom. "WAIT!" Parkakary exclaimed. "He also said that you need a partner, or else you won't be able to finish your quest!"

Mario looked at Luigi with hopeful eyes, but he just stood there with a glare. "Oh no, I'M not going!" Luigi insisted. Mario sighed in depression, and then pulled out his new mushular phone. "Now who should I call?" Mario wondered, looking at his friends list.

NOTE: If you want to know who Mario should take with his, unscramble these Mario names! Then, take the first letter of the first, second, third, and fourth names and the second letter of the last name to spell out who should go with Mario!

Traw
Gnayr uns
Yor Pokoa
Giyg Pokoa
Siyoh

(If Mario should call Yoshi, turn to page 2)

(If Mario should call Wario, turn to page 3)

(If Mario should call DK, turn to page 4)

(If Mario should just try to stick with Luigi, turn to page 5)

(If Mario should give up and go by himself, turn to page 6)

Note that each member can decide where they want to go, and don't have to post it. I'll post the results of each choice next.

[/u]
Temple of I    
Tails Doll

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:07 pm   Reply with quote

Call Yoshi!
Hell    
Strawberry-san
Celeste Dimentia

HP: 100 MP: 0 Lives: 3

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:12 pm   Reply with quote

*does the puzzle*

Ah ha ha... this idea is an excellent one!

Call Wario! *turn to page 3*

It's the best choice, I'm positive.
Dimension D    
Yellow Magikoopa
Vampire

HP: 100 MP: 4 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:15 pm   Reply with quote

Call Wario. Quite easy.
Pipe Land Goods    
LIL BLUE VS. BIG BLUE
Crappy Blue Luigi
Vampire

HP: 95 MP: 7 Lives: 2

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:40 pm   Reply with quote

Call Wario.
Paradeem 8    
King of Koopas
Lord Bowser

HP: 97 MP: 10 Lives: 3

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:01 am   Reply with quote

I ain't readin' that wall of text!

Call... BOWSER!!!
Bowser'z!    
Mister I
Almaz

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:43 am   Reply with quote

Page 2

"Alright, I'll just call Yoshi then." Mario decides. In a matter of minutes, Yoshi jumps from the sky from off the back of a Goonie. "Yoshi thank Bob the Goonie" Yoshi exclaimed. "Let's-a go!" Mario happily shouted as he and his dino buddy were off, leaving the man in green behind yet again.

While Mario was going to go to the Item Market to stock up on supplies, Yoshi's fast arrival caused the duo to quickly storm past the closed store.

Suddenly, the duo was stuck at a crossroads. "Where we go?" Yoshi asked. "I dunno. There are four paths. The first speeds through Grass Land straight to Water Land, but then we have to row all the way to Dark Land. Then again, we could take the path to Desert Land, but then we'd have to trek all the way through Giant Land to get to a ferry straight to Dark Land. There's a path leading to a hot air balloon to Sky Land down the third path, and then we could skydive down to the pipe to Dark Land in Pipe Land. Then, we could go use the tabagon to Ice Land, but Ice Land takes forever to get through, plus it's on full patrol right now." Mario hurrily explained. "Yoshi's head hurt" Yoshi grunted.

"Well, we have to make a decision, so where are we going to go?"

CLUE: There is a billboard directly next to the sign that states, "Citizen Count" for Grass Land, Desert Land, Sky Land, and Ice Land. Take the totals in, plus the average citizen increase for a total of a year. Then, divide the total by the number in the tens place. The correct path is the one with the highest citizen count.

Grass Land: 1860
Monthly Citizen Increase: +20

Desert Land: 1680
Monthly Citizen Increase: +40

Sky Land: 2790
Monthly Citizen Increase: +10

Ice Land: 2110
Monthly Citizen Increase: +5

If you'd like to go to Grass Land, turn to page 7

If you'd like to go to Desert Land, turn to page 8

If you'd like to go to Sky Land, turn to page 9

If you'd like to go to Ice Land, turn to page 10

Page 3

"UGH! Fine, I'll just call HIM then." Mario decides. After hours of arguing, bargany, and dress secrets, Wario finally rides up on his hog. "You mentioned pie and 200 coins?" Wario asked. "Let's-a go!" Mario happily shouted as he and his reluctant fat partner were off, leaving the man in green behind yet again.

Thankfully, Wario was able to delay Mario long enough for the Item Market to open. "I'll take a..." Mario began. "OH, FORGET IT!" Wario exclaimed as he knocked out the store owner and took 50 coins and a Hammer. "BAIL!" Wario demanded as he and Mario bolted out of Toad Town.

Suddenly, the duo was stuck at a crossroads. "Well, now where, genius?" Wario asked. "I dunno. There are four paths. The first speeds through Grass Land straight to Water Land, but then we have to row all the way to Dark Land. Then again, we could take the path to Desert Land, but then we'd have to trek all the way through Giant Land to get to a ferry straight to Dark Land. There's a path leading to a hot air balloon to Sky Land down the third path, and then we could skydive down to the pipe to Dark Land in Pipe Land. Then, we could go use the tabagon to Ice Land, but Ice Land takes forever to get through, plus it's on full patrol right now." Mario hurrily explained. "Just PERFECT!" Wario muttered.

CLUE: There is a billboard directly next to the sign that states, "Citizen Count" for Grass Land, Desert Land, Sky Land, and Ice Land. Take the totals in, plus the average citizen increase for a total of a year. Then, divide the total by the number in the tens place. The correct path is the one with the highest citizen count.

(Mario has the Hammer)

If you'd like to go to Grass Land, turn to page 11

If you'd like to go to Desert Land, turn to page 12

If you'd like to go to Sky Land, turn to page 13

If you'd like to go to Ice Land, turn to page 14

Page 4

"Alright, I'll just call my old pal DK." Mario decides. They begin a conversation. "Hey DK!" Mario exclaims. "How about helping me rescue Princess Peach?" "REALLY?! AWESOME! Well, I just have to get all ready..." DK excitedly studdered as he hung up. "Alright, I guess I'll wait." Mario decided, firm the DK would stay to his commitment. "Loser" Luigi remarked as he left to watch the two-year All My Shrooms marathon.

Three months later, DK finally arrived. However, Mario was already a skeleton of his former self, literally. Mario is dead. Luigi is a couch potato who wastes his life on Gamefaqs. And Peach is eternally Bowser's.

GAME OVER!

Page 5

"Ya know, Luigi, you're my best pal. I don't need this." Mario decides, crushing his phone. "I'm not convinced" Luigi replied. "Well then..." Mario began in an hour-long rant about how much Luigi was cool. "Alright then..." Luigi sighed. "Let's-a go!" Mario happily shouted as he and his reluctant fat partner were off, leaving the man in green behind yet again.

Thankfully, Mario was able to talk to Luigi long enough to get to the Item Market. "Hi Mario, we're having a sale today! Take a hammer for 10 coins!" the salesman exclaimed. "Ooh, I could really use that!" Mario wished. "Fine, I'll cover for us." Luigi stated, pulling out his only 10 coins for his wallet. The Mario Bros took the hammer and ran out.

Suddenly, the duo was stuck at a crossroads. "Now what, bro?" Luigi asked. "I dunno. There are four paths. The first speeds through Grass Land straight to Water Land, but then we have to row all the way to Dark Land. Then again, we could take the path to Desert Land, but then we'd have to trek all the way through Giant Land to get to a ferry straight to Dark Land. There's a path leading to a hot air balloon to Sky Land down the third path, and then we could skydive down to the pipe to Dark Land in Pipe Land. Then, we could go use the tabagon to Ice Land, but Ice Land takes forever to get through, plus it's on full patrol right now." Mario hurrily explained. "Aw...this ALWAYS happens!" Luigi whined.

(Mario has the Hammer)

If you'd like to go to Grass Land, turn to page 15

If you'd like to go to Desert Land, turn to page 16

If you'd like to go to Sky Land, turn to page 17

If you'd like to go to Ice Land, turn to page 18

Last edited by Almaz on Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Temple of I    
Tails Doll

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:48 am   Reply with quote

Umm, Iceland!
Hell    
Mister I
Almaz

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:00 am   Reply with quote

Alright, so Ice Land for Wario? Gotcha...

Page 14

"Let's take the path down Ice Land. It's only one land, right?" Mario decided. "Whatever, as long as I get my pay" Wario replied.

The two were soon on the path to Ice Land. However, it WAS well-guarded, as a giant ice fortresses blocked the path. "HALT!" an Ice Snifit demanded. "By the order of Lord Lemmy, I am hearby entrusted to throw you into the brig, where he can play with you with very painful swords and freeze guns!" the Snifit exclaimed. "Just shut up, Icy boy." Wario mocked. "Well, I MIGHT just shut my trap, but you'll have to pay the fee, How about...20 coins?" the greedy Snifit bargained. "WHAT THE..." Wario began with words too evil for ears or eyes to hear or see. "Uh..." Mario studdered, knowing a decision would have to be made.

If you want to pay the Snifit 20 coins, turn to page 20

If you want to give the Snifit fake money, turn to page 21

If you want to hit the Snifit with your hammer and bail, turn to page 22

If you don't want to lose your coins or hit the Snifit, turn to page 132
Temple of I    
Tails Doll

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:03 am   Reply with quote

hit the Snifit with your hammer and bail
Hell    
Mister I
Almaz

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:10 am   Reply with quote

Page 22

Wario just holds his hammer behind his back. "Yeah...about that..." Wario begins. Suddenly, he hurls the hammer at the Snifit, shattering its...er...ice robes, and knocking it unconscious. "RUN!" Wario demanded as he and Mario ran through the enemy-infested snow. However, all went dark in a few seconds, as the shadow of a Doomship loomed overhead. Suddenly, both Mario and Wario were shot down with an icy chill. "That'll" a random enemy began, "teach you!" another familiar voice interjected. Suddenly, Lemmy Koopa jumped down from his doomship. "TO THE DUNGEON WITH THEE!" Lemmy screamed. Suddenly, fifteen Bumpties carried Wario, with two carrying Mario, to their new dungeon home.

Turn to page 133
Temple of I    
Tails Doll

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:20 am   Reply with quote

Turn to page 133
Hell    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Your Creations