digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Official Stage Builder Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Super Smash Bros. Brawl
See?
Popple

HP: 99 MP: 8 Lives: 10

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:13 am   Reply with quote

Stage builder is one of the most exciting features of Brawl, at least for those who look ahead into the next few years. Although it may seem limited at first, the new Stage Builder feature will be providing us exciting new levels for years to come due to Nintendo having a shitty online service. Also you can unlock new parts.

This thread is dedicated to showing off your own levels, helping those who just can't find the inspiration, and of course trading your work.

Here are some of my maps. (I'll try to get pictures up soon.)

Name: Say Goodbye!
Size: Small
Music: Brain Cleaner, or whatever that one F-Zero song is called
Description:
Basically this was my screwing around in the stage builder for the first time. It consists of a small box with no top in the middle, along with several platforms inside. On the sides of the box are two moving platforms and two staircases. Underneath is a small tunnel made of ice, and spikes on the sides of the box to prevent spawning and grabbing there. Basically, if you are hit out and miss the moving platform you are dead. There is a chance you can get in the small tunnel with the ice floor, but you can't grab onto the ledge. I don't really like it, but it plays ok and it's the first map I ever made, I figure I'll keep it.

Name: Royal Arena
Size: Medium
Music: Dedede's Theme
Description:
It was at this point I decided to make maps based off of songs. I had just recently unlocked Dedede's song, so I made a level about him. Basically, the entire level is a box with no top. At the bottom there is a long platform made of ice. Underneath are spikes, if you fall in the only way to get out is to jump back up. No dieing in there. The only real way to get a kill is to knock someone through the top. I've found this stage works very well for 1 Stock matches. There is also a moving platform along each side. Near the top of the stage there is a row of platforms. Although you can fight regularly here without the fear of ice or spikes, you are so close to the top that is is very unlikely you won't be killed within seconds. I think it's a pretty good risk/reward system for both areas as they are equally lethal, but suit different styles of play.

Name: Tetrad Ruins
Size: Large
Song: Tetris Theme A
Description:
Another arena based off a song. Every platform here is shaped like a Tetris piece. It's hard to describe the layout, I'll try to get a picture, so I'll just describe the basics of play here. I think this map is suited for 2-Minute rounds for several reasons. The main field of play is a flat surface with a large hole in the middle leading to a spike pit and a moving platform for escape, though you can fall off the side as well. Basically, if you are hit off the side on this map and do not grab the top edge you are dead. I didn't start out designing it this way but it ended up working pretty well. Once again though there is still hope. Sticking out on the sides is a falling block and some ice. The ice is a little bit harder to get onto, but you are guaranteed safety once you land on it. There are also several small spaces where a character can attempt a surprise attack. Finally, there is a diagonal hallway leading up and to the right. Much like the Melee Zelda Temple level, this hallway can be used to rack up damage as well as pull of a smash. This is my favorite of the maps I have created so far, and I am very anxious to test it in a 4-player local match.

All these maps were made with the original tool set at the start of the game. I will happily send you maps if you post your friend code, and I'd love to see some of yours.

Let's build the next generation of Brawl together! Razz
Popple's Secret Hideout    
Yoshi
Vampire

HP: 60 MP: 6 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:58 am   Reply with quote

The losers below.

A large box with a top in the middle of a large stage, and a spike area with afew platforms on the bottom, and all the items end up appearing within the box for some reason.

Ruins: Just some ruins I guess.

Trap box: A normal box in the center, and more action around the layers. There is a falling platform near the box to be a door that you open, but when you go in, it'll reappear, and someone has to let you out.

I have more, but I have to go to school. Dangit school.
PSI and more    
PEPSIMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!
Cherry
Vampire

HP: 65 MP: 6 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:19 am   Reply with quote

Name: Deathtrap
Song: Kid Icarus - Underworld

There are only four platforms, the rest is spikes.
Console Merchandise    
lolz
Shrowser

HP: 100 MP: 4 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:35 am   Reply with quote

I am a beast with the stage builder.

I made Franis, Reznor's Throne, Bowser's Throne, Waluigi Pinball and Forest of Hope. I've unlocked all the extra parts as well.
Shrowser's Shop    
Elite Nerr
Francis

HP: 50 MP: 3 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:31 pm   Reply with quote

I think you can save Stages to your SD card, then transfer it to your computer, then upload it to the internets for sharing. I'll try to make some official digibutter stage sharing page.
Francis' Fort Garage Sale    
The Double Duece!
Strong Bad

HP: 99 MP: 4 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:05 pm   Reply with quote

Creepy Mario wrote:
I am a beast with the stage builder.

I made [b]Franis
, Reznor's Throne, Bowser's Throne, Waluigi Pinball and Forest of Hope. I've unlocked all the extra parts as well.[/b]

Epic.

Anyway, All I've made is Bowser's Castle, and that's it.
Toad House    
Mad scientist
frynge

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:41 pm   Reply with quote

Francis wrote:
I think you can save Stages to your SD card, then transfer it to your computer, then upload it to the internets for sharing. I'll try to make some official digibutter stage sharing page.

Mucho Gracias! That'll be fantastic!

Hellza Ballza
Goron Mask
Dead
Dead

HP: 0 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:53 pm   Reply with quote

Name: The Whatever
Music: World 1-2

Description: I was trying to make a hotel Mario stage and ended up making just a random level with ladders and platforms.
Some store that sells shit    
See?
Popple

HP: 99 MP: 8 Lives: 10

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:21 pm   Reply with quote

Goron Mask wrote:
Name: The Whatever
Music: World 1-2

Description: I was trying to make a hotel Mario stage and ended up making just a random level with ladders and platforms.

Why don't you just make like, Donkey Kong.

Last edited by Popple on Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Popple's Secret Hideout    
I AM TAYL
Mona

HP: 85 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:26 pm   Reply with quote

Name: Random Level
Music: Mona Pizza. Duh.
Description: I dunno. It was my first stage, so I just put random platforms everywhere lol. It's hard to not fall off the stage, really. It was quite amusing in Tiny Invisible Bunny Hood mode. o.o Lotsa moving platforms and stuff...

I plan on making an "actual" level today. :|
Cashplx Land!    
TooManyToasters
Paper_Waluigi

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:52 pm   Reply with quote

The Freezer. It's mostly ice, with a sort of enclosed area at the bottom where most of the action happens. Here it is:
http://rapidshare.com/files/98745732/st_080311_1252.bin.html
http://digibutter.nerr.biz/viewtopic.php?t=74330
asdf    
Yoshi
Vampire

HP: 60 MP: 6 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:05 pm   Reply with quote

Icee peak: A bunch of ice, with falling platforms- over a ladder.

Protection shaft:

(large)

A bunch of one of the metal structures. I used it for lucas's final smash, but it wasn't that great.

Mt. Treemore

large.

Random trees, random ice platforms, and random avallanche falling blocks.

Dunes:

Large.

With molgera theme, I tried to make a stage where you can fall through a hole at the bottom, but there's no slippery slanted stuff in the game. Sad

I'll make doome factory, metal era, with conveyors, shafts, and such.
PSI and more    
Super ShadowArticuno

HP: 99 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:48 pm   Reply with quote

Name: Snow Level
Music: Metal Gear Solid - Encounter

Description: It actually turned out pretty well. The platforms are made completely of ice, and have spikes every few blocks. Underneath the main platform, is a huge row of spikes. It's really fun to get stuck under the platforms and have a death match on the spikes. :D
A Bucket of Stuff    
OH GOD
Manpersonguything
Werewolf

HP: 100 MP: 8 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:18 pm   Reply with quote

Name Ok Go
Description: Oh no
Treadmills. 6 of them Nuff said.
Song: Brain cleaner

Name: Swiss cheese
Description: A holy stage.
Shaped like this. ___.......___.......___......____
..............................____......___......___.........
Add as many rows as you want.
TWEWY Pins    
Addicted to linebreaks
Plastic Mario
Vampire

HP: 94 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:26 pm   Reply with quote

Name: Spikes
Description: asdf
Song: Attack (or something like that) from Fire Emblem
Ehehe... Diagram tiem.
|               H              |
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

So... A ladder going down and the entire inside is a spike pit. There's just a tiny space in the top left and top right to try and knock your opponents out. Incredibly retarded concept yet surprisingly fun.
Fiberglass World    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Super Smash Bros. Brawl