digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

I really hate this game.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Super Mario Galaxy
That rich guy
Pure-???
Vampire

HP: 88 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:19 am   Reply with quote

Mister I wrote:
You fools!

SMB3=SMW=DKC2>ALL

It doesn't matter what comes after, there will never be a better game than those three. Therefore, those who grew up on the SNES were spoiled, and are the true heroes of gaming.

except that SMB 3 was an SNES game.

I have 2 of those on the VC. Super mario world is awesome, I'll give you that, but I can't really give an opinion on SMB3 because I can't beat teh 4th world. o.o'

also, there can and will be better games than those 3. in my oppinion, there already are.
pure-???'s shop of spells.    
jacking off
Small Sammer Guy

HP: 10 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:10 am   Reply with quote

Informer wrote:
Am I the only one who thought Sunshine was good?Neutral

I liked Sunshine.
I liked both 64, Sunshine, and Galaxy equally. They all had some fun in it. And all 3 were challenging in their own ways.
Baby Shop    
Apparently missed a lot
LudwigVonKoopa
Vampire

HP: 5 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:04 pm   Reply with quote

smashbro wrote:
Informer wrote:
I think it's perfect D:

Join the club.
Stuff Mart    
Ohh, THAT makes sense!
Tyler
Vampire

HP: 95 MP: 2 Lives: 4

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:00 pm   Reply with quote

LudwigVonKoopa wrote:
smashbro wrote:
Informer wrote:
Am I the only one who thought Sunshine was good?:|
I think it's perfect D:

Join the club.
Go back and play it. I played it again the other day, it's shit.
Tyler's Sexy Shop    
Brobotics Master
The Green Thunder
Vampire

HP: 95 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:24 pm   Reply with quote

Overall, I liked Galaxy more than Sunshine. (I'm not going to compare SM64 as that is different story.)

Sunshine was a fun game, and it was challenging in it's own way. However a lot of parts got repetitive and annoying in the game, IMO.

Galaxy was more fun in terms of what you could make Mario do. Now it did have some repetitive boss fights, but the fights themselves were a lot better than they were in Sunshine. Sunshine's bosses were just meh.

In terms of music Galaxy wins hands down, though.

Of course, to each their own.

Look! A distraction!
Lucario64
Vampire

HP: 93 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:48 pm   Reply with quote

Am I the only one here who liked Sunshine's music? I just don't think the music in Galaxy was all that great.

Tails Doll

HP: 100 MP: 3 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:18 pm   Reply with quote

Lucario64 wrote:
Am I the only one here who liked Sunshine's music? I just don't think the music in Galaxy was all that great.

I hate Sunshine's tropical crap.
Hell    
Ohh, THAT makes sense!
Tyler
Vampire

HP: 95 MP: 2 Lives: 4

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:43 pm   Reply with quote

Lucario64 wrote:
Galaxy has a whole damn orchestra, and yet people like you don't even appreciate it.
Tyler's Sexy Shop    
Dark Koopatrol AKA
The Koopinator

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 1:30 am   Reply with quote

Galaxy is amazing. It has a full orchestra, 242 stars to collect, 19998 star bits to collect and the chance to play as Luigi. Throw in Cosmic Mario (or Luigi) races, a well thought-out, good storyline and breathtaking graphics (for a Mario game) and you have a masterpiece of gaming!

ERECTIN' A DICK
Miku Hatsune
Vampire

HP: 5 MP: 4 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 7:25 am   Reply with quote

The Koopinator wrote:
Galaxy is amazing. It has a full orchestra, 242 stars to collect, 19998 star bits to collect and the chance to play as Luigi. Throw in Cosmic Mario (or Luigi) races, a well thought-out, good storyline and breathtaking graphics (for a Mario game) and you have a masterpiece of gaming!
Sure the music was ok and you could play as Luigi, but what about the exploration part. In Sunshine, you where able to explore more.
Anime and Image Shop    
Dark Koopatrol AKA
The Koopinator

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 4:51 pm   Reply with quote

Petey Piranha wrote:
The Koopinator wrote:
Sure the music was ok and you could play as Luigi, but what about the exploration part. In Sunshine, you where able to explore more.

Yes the exploration in Sunshine was a very good feature however if what your exploring isn't fun to explore (like getting Yoshi to the island with goop over a pipe) then the game isn't very fun. Some bits in Sunshine were extremely enjoyable. I really liked the hidden stars and the retro stages with remixed music. But in some parts IMO they could have made it a tad easer and more fun. In 64 and not so much but a bit in galaxy you feel restricted. Now in my mind this is only a minor problem however a bit more exploration would have been nice.

Better than yours
Myst

HP: 20 MP: 4 Lives: 2

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 8:04 pm   Reply with quote

I don't really rate them above one another, but galaxy had the most fun star collecting, sms had most fun exploration, and sm64 was just plain fun to screw around in.

And Popple, I like how you complain how every thing is in space in smg, yet the name of the game is Super Mario Galaxy. Seriously. Rolling Eyes
Myst's Ownage Shop    
Fat Tuper
lovegod703

HP: 10 MP: 6 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 5:33 am   Reply with quote

Informer wrote:

Nope. I loved it!
Milton Games    
Yoshi
Vampire

HP: 60 MP: 6 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 9:20 am   Reply with quote

Mister I wrote:
You fools!

Earthbound>>>>>>>>>>>SMB3=SMW=DKC2>ALL

It doesn't matter what comes after, there will never be a better game than those three. Therefore, those who grew up on the SNES were spoiled, and are the true heroes of gaming.

Also, am I the only one who thinks that the only reason Sunshine "sucked" was because it was Mario? Like, if we replaced Mario with Donkey Kong and added more barrels and made King K. Rool the main villan, it would've been beter recepted critically, just because the only comparrison that could be made was to the absolutely insane DK64?

Super Mario Galaxy...I just enjoy leaving it on and listening to the music. Like Super Mario 64.

Fix'd.

Oh, and I liked sunshine. >.>
PSI and more    
CFH
Ligador

HP: 100 MP: 6 Lives: 2

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 9:52 am   Reply with quote

As a good deal of people here, I liked Sunshine. In fact, I*crag*lu Sunshine.

But Galaxy... Just meh. I've never played it, hence I'm having a hard time getting Rosalina in MKWii, but I've seen a lot. And from what I've seen, there's not much other than "lolol look this gaems gaemplay has no gravitey no sens of dairectn und no fun"

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Super Mario Galaxy