digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

I still think Double Dash was better

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Mario Kart Wii
See?
Popple

HP: 99 MP: 8 Lives: 10

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:39 am   Reply with quote

The co-op karts owned n00bs, not to mention every racer's special item they could get, those just made the game a lot more fun. If it didn't have online I probably wouldn't have bought it.

If one thing can be said for this one, it's that the new courses are pretty kick ass, and I enjoy the bikes.

Trick system sucks though.
Popple's Secret Hideout    
Sync
MALAK

HP: 10 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:48 am   Reply with quote

Haven't played it, so I can't judge for myself.

The fact that they used the same Bowser model irks me.
Hammerspace    
Apparently missed a lot
LudwigVonKoopa
Vampire

HP: 5 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:54 am   Reply with quote

Agreed, Popple.
Stuff Mart    
Luigi Mario
Speed Luigi
Jailed
Jailed

HP: 0 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:30 am   Reply with quote

Well this game is a sequel to Double Dash, right?
Just got Kirby'd    
Mister I
Almaz

HP: 43 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:31 am   Reply with quote

Since all characters of the same weight class are the same, there's no point in unlocking any more. Without special items, it makes most unlockables really pointless. >.>

Double Dash had a perfect item system (excluding the ultra-broken Petey Piranha and King Boo), while Mario Kart Wii has better tracks (Best. Special Cup. Ever.) and great Wi.fi. Really, I'd give it to MKWii, just because Tracks are EVERYTHING.

I'll agree that tricks seem like a useless addition. It all feels like the whole project was ditched after the good courses were made and decent lighting effects were added. In other words: this is Mario Kart without the meatballs.
Temple of I    
Elzilcho
ohclizlE
Burning Vampire

HP: 94 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:38 am   Reply with quote

Well, now that I've gotten used to the trick system, I feel that's pretty natural to do so I'm indifferent about it. At least Ninty aren't completely shoving it down your throat at every turn. Sometimes it's best to avoid them to increase your time in TT and at other times it's better not to avoid them.
Also, I miss the special items too =(
Z.I.L.C.H.    
RULE ONE OF FIGHT CLUB
Steve

HP: 100 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 7:32 am   Reply with quote

Double Dash > MKWII

Petey deserves the role as a playable charcter, NOT A *crag* CAR!
penis    
Yoshi
Vampire

HP: 60 MP: 6 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 7:35 am   Reply with quote

I LOVE the trick system. It's how I own everyone on wi-fi. People can call it spamming/abusing a glitch, but it was meant to be in the game, and if you can't learn tricks, too bad. Other than that, I agree with Mister I.
PSI and more    
WHO HA HOO HEY HOOM
Paper Luigi
Vampire

HP: 1 MP: 7 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 7:55 am   Reply with quote

Glitz Yoshi wrote:
I LOVE the trick system. It's how I own everyone on wi-fi. People can call it spamming/abusing a glitch, but it was meant to be in the game, and if you can't learn tricks, too bad. Other than that, I agree with Mister I.
PaperLuigi's Inconvienence Store    
THE BIRTHDAY GIRL
King Harkinian
Burning

HP: 88 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 8:53 am   Reply with quote

Popple wrote:
The co-op karts owned n00bs, not to mention every racer's special item they could get, those just made the game a lot more fun. If it didn't have online I probably wouldn't have bought it.

If one thing can be said for this one, it's that the new courses are pretty kick ass, and I enjoy the bikes.

AGREED. I don't have MKW yet. I don't really want it.
The King's Chamber    
~A color is just a color~
Frozenwinters

HP: 1 MP: 0 Lives: 4

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 9:14 am   Reply with quote

King Harkinian wrote:
Popple wrote:

AGREED. I don't have MKW yet. I don't really want it.
Then why are you even in here? AND HOW ARE YOU AGREEING ON THINGS YOU HAVEN'T TRIED? TwT;;;
The Carmadox Party    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Mario Kart Wii