digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Rainbow Road and Super Mario Galaxy

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Mario Kart Wii
Jr. Troopa
Admiral Bobbery

HP: 15 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:05 am   Reply with quote

I noticed in many places of Rainbow Road, that there are several things from Super Mario Galaxy. The large warp star that shoots you up, it's near the end, is the same from Super Mario Galaxy and it also makes the same noise as you go in. Also the railings have similar warp stars (they don't teleport you anywhere they are just decorations). When a person falls of the edge, I believe in certain areas, star bits are scattered underneath the course.

Rainbow road also felt more like Super Mario Galaxy and not Rainbow Road. Also, because of the many planets that are around, it might say to some people that this was intended to feel like a Super Mario Galaxy environment than the Rainbow Road environment.
Troopa's Treats    
~A color is just a color~
Frozenwinters

HP: 1 MP: 0 Lives: 4

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:12 am   Reply with quote

I think it was suppose to look like SMG, because after I beat that cup I got Rosalina.
The Carmadox Party    
Wacko McGoose
Launching Star
Jailed
Jailed

HP: 10 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:30 pm   Reply with quote

I noticed that too! Rainbow Road is very much like Galaxy, and it even has similar lighting. There is a cloud of Star Bits around the part of the track that goes up and down, the Star Shooter (as the guide calls it) looks EXACTLY like a Launch Star and makes the same noise, and I thought I heard a Luma or two near the starting line.
Anyone notice that when you fall off the track, a red flame surrounds you like on re-entry?
And you don't unlock Rosalina by completing the Special Cup. You do it by completing 50 games AND having Galaxy save data.
Wacko's BURNINATED Gag Shop    
jacking off
Small Sammer Guy

HP: 10 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:06 pm   Reply with quote

Wacko McGoose wrote:
And you don't unlock Rosalina by completing the Special Cup. You do it by completing 50 games AND having Galaxy save data.

no if you have a Galaxy save data, you get her randomly. I just got her today just by turning on the game o.o
anyways...to make it more welcoming for Rosalina...I think they made Rainbow Road more galaxy like, which was something I kinda was hoping for after Rosalina being confirmed.
Baby Shop    
lolz
Shrowser

HP: 100 MP: 4 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:08 pm   Reply with quote

I don't think anyone said this, but there's a huge circle of starbits around the middle of the course. Also, the Earth is new. It made for a more Galaxy-ish effect.
Shrowser's Shop    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Mario Kart Wii