digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Oh how I wish.
Goto page Previous  1, 2  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> General Discussion
Bowser
Vampire

HP: 90 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 5:21 pm   Reply with quote

In FACT, without humans, the world would be off balance.

Addicted to linebreaks
Plastic Mario
Vampire

HP: 94 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 6:08 pm   Reply with quote

Plastic people don't count as human.

(I can be recycled.)
Fiberglass World    
Fawful
Vampire

HP: 70 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 6:51 pm   Reply with quote

King Boo wrote:
Computers aren't polluting. I see no problem with them.

The electricity plants that supply your computer with what it needs to run is polluting.

What the world needs less of? Big business and corrupt officials.

MintCream
Vampire

HP: 90 MP: 10 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 7:11 pm   Reply with quote

I once got a fortune cookie that said I would live on the moon one day.

I'm holding out for that.

Bonechill
Vampire

HP: 95 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 7:15 pm   Reply with quote

No cars? How would we do...Well...anything then

Current form: Normal
Marker Magikoopa
Vampire

HP: 38 MP: 6 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 7:41 pm   Reply with quote

Shiaoran wrote:
I agree with Francis, you want to be a Mormon of sorts. Razz

That was an Amish. Mormons are the ones that believe the the second coming of Christ had already happened. Now that that's out of the way...

I'm looking forward to the day when we can finally make a ring world.
Shop #42    
MintCream
Vampire

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 7:54 pm   Reply with quote

Magikoopa #42 wrote:
Shiaoran wrote:

That was an Amish. Mormons are the ones that believe the the second coming of Christ had already happened. Now that that's out of the way...

Is a ring world one shaped as a ring, or one where we use rings for everything? And is that the sound effect of ringing, or the things you put on your fingers?

Elite Nerr
Francis

HP: 50 MP: 3 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 8:20 pm   Reply with quote

Magikoopa #42 wrote:

Actually, Mormons are still waiting for the Second Coming too. He apparently is coming back in Missouri. (I suggest buying up property now!)
Francis' Fort Garage Sale    
Sir Trentov
Vampire

HP: 95 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 8:25 pm   Reply with quote

What's so special about Missouri anyways? I mean, wouldn't the Second Comming appear in Jeurusalem or Washington D.C. where he may be able to rally enough political or religious power?

MintCream
Vampire

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 8:28 pm   Reply with quote

Sir Trentov wrote:
What's so special about Missouri anyways? I mean, wouldn't the Second Comming appear in Jeurusalem or Washington D.C. where he may be able to rally enough political or religious power?

I suppose the idea is to stick with the whole humble-origins thing.

Sir Trentov
Vampire

HP: 95 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 8:35 pm   Reply with quote

But wasn't he going to come when Satan has a totalitarian dictatorship over one unified nation in which people are executed for being a believer of the Christian/Jewish faith? That's not very humble to me.

Elite Nerr
Francis

HP: 50 MP: 3 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 8:42 pm   Reply with quote

Sir Trentov wrote:

You would thinks so (and the Bible says Jesus will return to Jerusalem).

Quote:
But wasn't he going to come when Satan has a totalitarian dictatorship over one unified nation in which people are executed for being a believer of the Christian/Jewish faith? That's not very humble to me.

And I don't understand how Jesus is suppose to protected Israel if he is in Missouri. Unless he he amasses a huge army and they all walk across the ocean. That would be sweet.
Francis' Fort Garage Sale    
Sonic the Hedgehog
Vampire

HP: 5 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 8:43 pm   Reply with quote

YOU mean SCHWEET!
Pipe Land    
MintCream
Vampire

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 8:44 pm   Reply with quote

Maybe he's going to set up a super long distance laser there or something.

Current form: Normal
Marker Magikoopa
Vampire

HP: 38 MP: 6 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 9:31 pm   Reply with quote

MintCream wrote:
Magikoopa #42 wrote:
Shiaoran wrote:

Is a ring world one shaped as a ring, or one where we use rings for everything? And is that the sound effect of ringing, or the things you put on your fingers?

A ring world is a world that forms a ring around a star. Since it's in a ring shape instead of a sphere, there can be a greater surface area, which means more space for people living on it.

As for the problem of gravity, that's solved by having the ring spin. The spining creates centriputal force, which would allow people living on the inner side of the ring to stay on the ground. Also, this creates another useful feature. Since gravity would be replaced by the centriputal force, the people living on the ring world would be pulled towards the outer side of the ring instead of the ring itself. This means that spacecraft could be launched more easily from the outer side of the ringworld (it'd be as simply as just letting go of it). Might not be able to dig a hole to China, but you will be able to dig a hole to outerspace.

Having a day and night cycle would be simple enough. Would just need another ring that would have sections that would allow light throough and sections that wouldn't allow light through, and get it spinning in the right direction and at the right speed for each area of the ringworld to get 12 hours of light followed by 12 hours of darkness.

So a ring world is basically an artificial planet that has some nice benefits that normal planets don't. If you want an example of a ring world, then play Halo. Most of that game takes place ON a ring world.
Shop #42    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> General Discussion