digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Could we get 12 specific people to play at once?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Mario Kart Wii
Elite Nerr
Francis

HP: 50 MP: 3 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 1:01 pm   Reply with quote

I am thinking about doing the MK Wii Tournament by splitting the 64 contestants into four 12-player matches and two 8-player. (Or do eight 8-player matches).
The question is... if I set a specific date and time, could all 8 players show up to play? I havn't tried yet, but can you even restrict who can join in your "room".

Last edited by Francis on Thu May 01, 2008 1:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
Francis' Fort Garage Sale    
Elzilcho
ohclizlE
Burning Vampire

HP: 94 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 1:04 pm   Reply with quote

I'm afraid only 12 people can 'fit' into 1 match.
And also, you can't restrict who joins your room.
Z.I.L.C.H.    
Elite Nerr
Francis

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 1:15 pm   Reply with quote

Elzilcho wrote:
I'm afraid only 12 people can 'fit' into 1 match.
And also, you can't restrict who joins your room.
Ah yeah, updated my post.

So, the only way to do it would be to have everyone
1. Create a Mii for the Tournament.
2. Add Friend codes for each person in your match.
3. Two people start playing, then everyone else can join in.
Elzilcho
ohclizlE
Burning Vampire

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 1:28 pm   Reply with quote

Hmm...
I hate to keep putting a spanner in the works, but I don't think your 3rd 'rule' would work well, or maybe I'm just misinterpreting it.
For people to join your room, I believe your room cannot be racing/battling. It has to be in a 'waiting for players' state, so others must wait until you are finished racing/battling.

To be honest, I don't think arranging an 8/12 player race would work too well. There is just too much room for error.
Z.I.L.C.H.    
Elite Nerr
Francis

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 1:38 pm   Reply with quote

Elzilcho wrote:
Hmm...
I hate to keep putting a spanner in the works, but I don't think your 3rd 'rule' would work well, or maybe I'm just misinterpreting it.
For people to join your room, I believe your room cannot be racing/battling. It has to be in a 'waiting for players' state, so others must wait until you are finished racing/battling.

I am assuming that the game automatically starts even if you are missing some people. Then everyone else can join in and wait for you to finish your race, correct? Also, I need to konw if random people can join in, or if you can restrict it to friends-only.
LIL BLUE VS. BIG BLUE
Crappy Blue Luigi
Vampire

HP: 95 MP: 7 Lives: 2

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 1:47 pm   Reply with quote

Only the host of the room can start the game. It never starts automatically.
Paradeem 8    
Elzilcho
ohclizlE
Burning Vampire

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 1:52 pm   Reply with quote

I think I've misinterpreted pretty much everything you said >.<
You can make rooms yourself which are friends-only and you can start the race/battle whenever you like. The only problem is that anyone on your friends list can join in, even if they are not part of the tournament race. But it is not possible to kick them, ask them to leave, etc. I feel this is where the main problem lies.

Although this problem is non-existent if you have only registered people in that tournament race (and visa versa)

Or I'm just being too cynical.
Z.I.L.C.H.    
Elite Nerr
Francis

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 1:59 pm   Reply with quote

Elzilcho wrote:

Although this problem is non-existent if you have only registered people in that tournament race (and visa versa).

Hmm... I think I have a good solution! I could host the game, then only I would need everyone's friends code. (I would not interfere with the race)
Elzilcho
ohclizlE
Burning Vampire

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 2:03 pm   Reply with quote

Francis wrote:
Hmm... I think I have a good solution! I could host the game, then only I would need everyone's friends code. (I would not interfere with the race)

If you wouldn't interfere with the race, then only 11 racers (plus yourself) would be able to cram into your room.

Spanners, works, etc.
Z.I.L.C.H.    
WHO HA HOO HEY HOOM
Paper Luigi
Vampire

HP: 1 MP: 7 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 5:18 pm   Reply with quote

Francis wrote:
Elzilcho wrote:

Although this problem is non-existent if you have only registered people in that tournament race (and visa versa).

Yeah, 11 per match would be good. You could drive to the side of the road after it starts.
PaperLuigi's Inconvienence Store    
jacking off
Small Sammer Guy

HP: 10 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 5:26 pm   Reply with quote

since its 64 people in the tourney, I like the idea of 8 people racing at a time. I'm sure it'll work out.
Baby Shop    
Luigi's Lucky Star!!
paperluigi

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 2:13 am   Reply with quote

Small Sammer Guy wrote:
since its 64 people in the tourney, I like the idea of 8 people racing at a time. I'm sure it'll work out.

The problem is some people like me dont go to digibutter too often and could miss the date

Mandew
Manjew

HP: 99 MP: 8 Lives: 2

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 11:08 am   Reply with quote

8 matches of 8 people would result in a finale of 8 people, so it would work.

As for the restriction issue, I suggest that everyone in the tournament makes a new license specifically for it. I think each licenses get its own Friend code.

Then, you design a player to be the host of the room. This person will PM his Tourney License Friend Code to the people who will be in his room, as well as his name. Then, the other people give their tourney Friend Codes to the host.

When the round is over, the winner delete everyone else from his Friend Roster (in the tourney license), and Vice-Versa, and you repeat the same thing for the Finale.
Wario Land Shop!    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Mario Kart Wii