digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

So, who loved this game?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Super Mario Galaxy
i am a tree
shemuetree

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 2:45 pm   Reply with quote

Who didn't. Great music,great atmoshpear, amazing graphics and more gameplay than you can shake a stick at.

Nintendo Zealot
Warlord_Mike

HP: 99 MP: 7 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:47 pm   Reply with quote

I love it. I wasn't able to beat Sunshine 100% without a Player's Guide (one from Nintendo, no less; accept no substitutes (sorry, Prima/Brady Games)), and parts of it just got too dang hard (Corona Mountain's Blue Coins on a boat of mud? Some of the more aggravating Shines involving Yoshi? No dismounting Bloopers? DO NOT WANT, NINTENDO!).

Super Mario Galaxy, however, took everything Super Mario 64 did and gave it a swift kick in the pants - each Galaxy was unique, much like the worlds of 64 (instead of all worlds being different sections of the game, as they were on Isle Delfino).

The music also blew me out of the water (instead of everywhere more or less having a slightly-different mix of the same tune) - I love the remixes of the Airship Music from SMB3, and Bowser's Underworld from SM64. My favorite music comes from the Buoy Base, Battlerock/Dreadnought, and Melty Molten Galaxies.

Then, we have the Power-Ups. Yeah, Yoshi was nice, but there was only so much you could do with him and the talking firehose called FLUDD on your back. Again, Super Mario 64 may have only had the Wing, Vanish, and Metal Caps, but they were fun to use; FLUDD wasn't, really. Once again, SMG trumps both with the Fire and Ice Flowers (I nearly squealed with delight when I found out the Fire Flower was debuting - I ALWAYS wanted to be Fire Mario in a 3-D Mario game), the Bee, Boo, and Spring Mushrooms, and...well, the last item, I'll leave out as a secret. Wink

All in all, I stand by my claim: Super Mario Galaxy is the best 3-D Mario Platformer so far, and it makes Sunshine look weak in comparison.

Lvl. 97 Butt Whomper
Super SlimeKnight
Vampire

HP: 95 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:31 pm   Reply with quote

Best 3-D platformer ever. NEXT QUESTION!
SlimeKnight's Castle    
chuck norris rules
chuck norris worshipper

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:33 pm   Reply with quote

the game was cool game play and difficult levels

Squirps (space chocolate)
Wall-E

HP: 95 MP: 10 Lives: 2

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:30 pm   Reply with quote

Sunshine looks like *crag* next to galaxy. Galaxy got the best soundtrack of all 3d mario games (buoy base,gusty garden,space junk, meltymolten etc.
2 players, awsome levels, LUMAS! That definetly beat thos wierd people with coconut trees on their heads, and the best power ups. *spoiler*OH nearly forgot you can play as Luigi Very Happy
Wall-E future shop    
Super Mario
† Awake and Alive †
Dead
Dead

HP: 0 MP: 9 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:56 am   Reply with quote

bobzearth42 wrote:
Super Mario wrote:
This game is a-#1, baby! Top notch graphics, great places to play in(who wouldn't wanna play in outer freakin space?!), and the best part: mario as the only character used, like the good old days.

False and false. In the older Mario games, you can play as luigi. In SMG you can also play as Luigi.
Dude, I'm saying in the beginning, and all the way through. Did you not understand the first time? Anyways, sorry about what I just said but I like using just Mario.

THE BIRTHDAY GIRL
King Harkinian
Burning

HP: 88 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:58 am   Reply with quote

When will this be stickied?!
The King's Chamber    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Super Mario Galaxy