digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

POW Block?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Mario Kart Wii

What do you think about dodging POW Blocks when playing with others on WiFi?
It's cheating!
22%
 22%  [ 4 ]
It's fine.
77%
 77%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 18

LOL I just lost the game!
Tiptron MKII

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 7:11 pm   Reply with quote

Do you think dodging a POW Block is n00bish/cheating? I mean I see people in WiFi do it all the time and they're like a half-lap ahead of all the other people.
Now I don't do it on WiFi. But on Grand Prix I do it all the time to ensure that I get star ranks.
Personally I think it's cheating on WiFi but it's fine when playing agaist CPUs. What's your opinion?

Yoshi
Vampire

HP: 60 MP: 6 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 7:25 pm   Reply with quote

It's *crag* retarted to people who don't use manual drift.
PSI and more    
CFH
Ligador

HP: 100 MP: 6 Lives: 2

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 7:38 pm   Reply with quote

I don't see what's wrong with it, and I wish I could master it.

Mister I
Almaz

HP: 43 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 8:12 pm   Reply with quote

Oh, I'm sorry, is it BAD if I use a Meteor Smash in Brawl on a character that doesn't have one? Is it BAD if, on Mario Party 7, I use the Wario Bros. coin vaccum because no one else has it? Is is HORRENDOUS if I bust out the Blue Falcon on Wi-fi?

If you answered "yes" to any of these, I'm really sorry that you're so blinded. It's a freakin' technique for dodging an item, just like dropping a shell behind you to destroy a Red Shell. It's not always going to be an option, but it's nice when it is.

YOU MAKE A CONSCIOUS DECISION TO PLAY AS WHAT YOU HAVE! USE IT AND LIVE WITH IT!
Temple of I    
Richest user. :D
Super Ultimario

HP: 100 MP: 4 Lives: 6

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 8:22 pm   Reply with quote

How is this done exactly? I know you can significantly reduce the impact by doing wheelies (which is severely cheap as it gives an advantage over Kart users), but I don't know any way of doing it with manual drift as Glitz Yoshi seems to be saying.
Ultimario Mart!    
Wacko McGoose
Launching Star
Jailed
Jailed

HP: 10 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 8:28 pm   Reply with quote

I think it's just fine. I've learned that if you wheelie at the EXACT MOMENT the POW Block activates, nothing happens to you!
The problem is in the timing.
Wacko's BURNINATED Gag Shop    
The Axolotl Sympathist
Geno
Werewolf

HP: 100 MP: 4 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 8:56 pm   Reply with quote

Mister I wrote:
Oh, I'm sorry, is it BAD if I use a Meteor Smash in Brawl on a character that doesn't have one? Is it BAD if, on Mario Party 7, I use the Wario Bros. coin vaccum because no one else has it? Is is HORRENDOUS if I bust out the Blue Falcon on Wi-fi?

If you answered "yes" to any of these, I'm really sorry that you're so blinded. It's a freakin' technique for dodging an item, just like dropping a shell behind you to destroy a Red Shell. It's not always going to be an option, but it's nice when it is.

YOU MAKE A CONSCIOUS DECISION TO PLAY AS WHAT YOU HAVE! USE IT AND LIVE WITH IT!
What he said.
Geno's Tree    
mr president
ZONED OUT

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 10:03 pm   Reply with quote

no. just hit the d pad and you'll be fine though youll lose your item still

CFH
Ligador

HP: 100 MP: 6 Lives: 2

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 7:32 am   Reply with quote

UltiMario wrote:
How is this done exactly? I know you can significantly reduce the impact by doing wheelies (which is severely cheap as it gives an advantage over Kart users), but I don't know any way of doing it with manual drift as Glitz Yoshi seems to be saying.
I hear you have to jump at the right time.

I have yet to get that "right time" though.

Mandew
Manjew

HP: 99 MP: 8 Lives: 2

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 10:27 am   Reply with quote

I don't think you can do it with a hop. It tend to naturally do a hop when I use Manual drift because it seems to be a logical thing to do, but it never worked.

However, if you just used a jump right before the POW block hit, and you're still in the air, you aren't hit by it, because the POW Block is a earthquake type of item.
Wario Land Shop!    
Jr. Troopa
Admiral Bobbery

HP: 15 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 12:21 pm   Reply with quote

I feel that when one dodges a POW block, it is a new skill that they have learned. Anyone can practice trying to dodge the POW block, and soon you too can master it. I feel that it is not cheating to dodge a POW block because it is a skill that can be mastered.

I've tried several times to dodge a POW block, but it's really difficult to get the timing down to the last milisecond. When I generally try to dodge it, I usually get caught in the earthquak, but with less spinning. I am then able to go on, faster than I would have it I had gotten hit, regularly.
Troopa's Treats    
oar
Super Maiq the Liar

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 12:29 pm   Reply with quote

It gives Manual an unfair advantage on WiFi.
Tamriellic Titles    
Yoshi
Vampire

HP: 60 MP: 6 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 3:05 pm   Reply with quote

Maiq the Liar wrote:

I agree with Maiq.
PSI and more    
Mister I
Almaz

HP: 43 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 3:55 pm   Reply with quote

Maiq the Liar wrote:

You make a conscious decision to play on automatic. Therefore, you make a conscious decision not to have that ability, just like you make the conscious decision to be whatever combo you're best at. You're stating you won't have the ability, but choose to do automatic anyway.

In other words, TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR CHOICES AND STOP BLAMING IT ON THE GAME!
Temple of I    
jacking off
Small Sammer Guy

HP: 10 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 3:57 pm   Reply with quote

you still lose your items. thats no good :<
Baby Shop    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Mario Kart Wii