digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

BREAKING NEWS: New Wiimote model on the way!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Gaming
Shiaoran
Vampire

HP: 95 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 5:15 am   Reply with quote

The Wiimote for lefties:

If you didn't realise yet, it is a joke.

YoshiAngemon
Sammer Guy Pizza Cat

HP: 100 MP: 8 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 6:02 am   Reply with quote

We kinda get the idea. Besides, I use the Wii Remote with my left hand when I use the Internet Channel. Of course, I use the right when playing games with it. Still, it's no big deal.

MintCream
Vampire

HP: 90 MP: 10 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 8:09 am   Reply with quote

With that out of the way, game companies should be required to ensure there's leftie compatibility with their games. I'm not one, but I have a friend who is. Games like Cooking Mama didn't take lefties into consideration, so some tasks are really difficult for him to do, and it isn't fair.

jacking off
Small Sammer Guy

HP: 10 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 4:28 pm   Reply with quote

And its a GOOD joke.
Still there is no need for a lefty WiiMote. Many lefties still use the regular righty one with their left hands
Baby Shop    
Shiaoran
Vampire

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 10:49 am   Reply with quote

I think I speak for many people when I say that trully experienced gamers can use both hands equally.
I used my right hand for writing, but over the time(I play games since I was 3), I realized my left hand worked just like my right one, just on the other arm. Razz
It's fact that games improve your coordination and reflexes. But some hardcore gamers end up having perfect control over their hands and ninja reflexes(real ninjas, not anime ninjas, their reflexes and agility are impossible). Razz

Bonechill
Vampire

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 11:39 am   Reply with quote

Shiaoran wrote:
I think I speak for many people when I say that trully experienced gamers can use both hands equally.
I used my right hand for writing, but over the time(I play games since I was 3), I realized my left hand worked just like my right one, just on the other arm. Razz
It's fact that games improve your coordination and reflexes. But some hardcore gamers end up having perfect control over their hands and ninja reflexes(real ninjas, not anime ninjas, their reflexes and agility are impossible). Razz

Yup, i'm left handed, I only write with my left, but I can play games with both

MintCream
Vampire

HP: 90 MP: 10 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 11:55 am   Reply with quote

Shiaoran wrote:

I know you're not trying to say my leftie friend isn't hardcore. He'll make you cry at rhythm games; I can promise you that. The problems he was having with cooking mama were diagonal movements that weren't being picked up right because of positioning while holding the wiimote in his left hand.

People should be able to be comfortable while they're playing.

Shiaoran
Vampire

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 11:41 pm   Reply with quote

MintCream wrote:

I know you're not trying to say my leftie friend isn't hardcore. He'll make you cry at rhythm games; I can promise you that. The problems he was having with cooking mama were diagonal movements that weren't being picked up right because of positioning while holding the wiimote in his left hand.

It's not because of him being a leftie, some Wii games have poor detection of the Wiimote's movements and require alot of precision, making games like Trauma Center Second Opinion and Cooking Mama frustrating. I never played either, but I've read alot of complaints about how frustrating they are.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 1:07 pm   Reply with quote

I don't think lefties having to play with their right hand is such a big deal... after all, I can't recall one system where the left hands controls are dominant.

Agent of Crime
Vampire

HP: 95 MP: 9 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 1:09 pm   Reply with quote

Whoa! This topic is back from the dead!

Boomsticks at the ready!

Nastasia

HP: 100 MP: 0 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 2:34 pm   Reply with quote

Shiaoran wrote:
MintCream wrote:

It's not because of him being a leftie, some Wii games have poor detection of the Wiimote's movements and require alot of precision, making games like Trauma Center Second Opinion and Cooking Mama frustrating. I never played either, but I've read alot of complaints about how frustrating they are.

Yeah the Wii sometimes doesn't pick up signals that well. My Wii is in a room with a big window, and whenever the sun shines, the sun shine interfers with the signals from the wii remote. It's kind of stupid because I have to wait until the sun goes down to play my wii. :\
Nastasia's Shop    
Agent of Crime
Vampire

HP: 95 MP: 9 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 2:35 pm   Reply with quote

Curtains much?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Gaming