digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Paper Mario: It Starts with Seeing Through the TV (LITERATE)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Role-Play
ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWA
Francine

HP: 78 MP: 4 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:09 pm   Reply with quote

Now, in the window to the living room, a face and hand appeared to cover it. Tippi jumped back, surprised and frightened of the being that was there. She turned to Mario and whispered, "Look over there," motioning to the direction of the portal with her wing.
The Shop on a Hill    
that confounded bridge
Abstract
Vampire

HP: 82 MP: 10 Lives: 3

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:31 pm   Reply with quote

(( Ughhh, we're gonna have to get someone to play Mario. >.>;

Let's do that after we get the plot moving a bit more. ))

The girl blinked. She blinked again. She blinked a third time. "... What the Hell?" She stepped back from the T.V, looking at the image of Tippi, that appeared to be motioning to the screen, then at the speech bubble hanging over the butterfly's head. 'What's going on here?' Those actions... those couldn't have been programmed into the game. Or, they could have been, but that didn't seem very Nintendo-like.
some shop lol    
Tails Doll

HP: 100 MP: 3 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:36 pm   Reply with quote

"Clack. You're staring at the clicking TV like it's a bomb, Clack." A Drybones was then just sitting on the couch, waving his feet around. He didn't seem to think of the whole think as a big even, but a comment day thing. It's another skeleton in the closet, don't you people like those, Click Clack?
Hell    
Luigi is the best Pokémon
LoudKid

HP: 98 MP: 1 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:44 am   Reply with quote

[[Okay....he still has no idea how to do this 'RP-thing'... Sigh ]]
Captain Geno's Pogeymans Shop    
hai
Spiny

HP: 100 MP: 6 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:47 am   Reply with quote

Captain Geno wrote:
[[Okay....he still has no idea how to do this 'RP-thing'... Sigh ]]

((Same,no backstory to Tony's sudden appearence.I'm waiting for the perfect opprotunity for Sam to come in to play.))
Gemstone Goods    
that confounded bridge
Abstract
Vampire

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:32 am   Reply with quote

(( Personally, I would prefer a backstory for character's appearances.

However, I can't really do much to set it up for you guys to jump in (believe me, I've been trying by switching between games... "direct" confrontations really aren't my thing, but it might end up going that way to get people in), so you're just going to have to be original and make your character show up one way or another. ))
some shop lol    
hai
Spiny

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:45 am   Reply with quote

((Captain Geno helped me with Sam's entrence.))

Off the screen Doopliss' fight was on,there was a strange thing happening.A Spike Top Buzzy was wandering the Creepy Steeple map
while the battle was taking place."Why must they insult my plans?I never get recognition for the few they do accept.They probably sent me to this dump to buy time to think of more insults"he muttered.He was always down here,actually,looking for the Crystal Star.He always hid when Mario came,and was never seen onscreen.He always wondered what would happen if Mario did see him,though.He decided to test it and passed the time by talking to other enemies nearby.
Gemstone Goods    
that confounded bridge
Abstract
Vampire

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:58 am   Reply with quote

The girl was too preoccupied with the Wii game to notice her brother's frantic cries for attention. The boy, in his room, had switched the game back to the Gamecube, and, in doing such, had noticed the Spike Top Buzzy, although only for a fraction of a second.

"Jessicaaaa!" He called. "Your game is glitching!"

At that moment, the girl noticed the boy. "What do you mean?!" She called back.

"I saw something weird on the screen!"

Within seconds, the girl was in her younger brother's room. "What did you see?" She questioned, suddenly becoming suspicious of the situation.
some shop lol    
LoudKid

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:08 am   Reply with quote

Doopliss couldn't believe his eyes.

Two giants who looked like nothing he had ever seen before had appeared on his wall, as if a new window had sprouted out of nowhere, showing him sights not from the Mushroom Planet.

Mario and his partner hadn't seemed to notice, and again were standing idle.

"What kind of magic is this?" he said plainly in text across the screen, as he faced the strange beings and the room they were in. This change in direction was nearly imperceptible, though, as he was still copying Mario's Shadow.
that confounded bridge
Abstract
Vampire

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:15 am   Reply with quote

The girl blinked, obviously dumbstruck. That was not programmed into the game. Neither were the actions of Tippi earlier. This... this was not normal!

Video games were just lines of code, they didn't have free will! "This isn't right..." She said quietly. "Games don't talk to you. They don't stare at you... right?" She looked over at Nicholas...

... Only to see that he had already fled from the room in overwhelming confusion, which had lead to fear.

"Well, this is just peachy."
some shop lol    
LoudKid

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:21 am   Reply with quote

He could make neither heads nor tails of the giants' talk of 'games', even though they spoke the same language.

"This has never happened before..." he said, hopping off the stage, and walking through the audience towards the portal, inspecting it and the remaining giant.

Last edited by LoudKid on Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:21 am; edited 1 time in total
hai
Spiny

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:21 am   Reply with quote

The Spike Top felt he just did something wrong,even for a member of the Koopa Troop. "Did I hear screaming back there?" he wondered.
He peeked his little head out and noticed something he couldn't belive he didn't notice before. A large window with what looked like a child's room was visible inside."How I missed that,I'll never know." as small text popped up over his head.
Gemstone Goods    
that confounded bridge
Abstract
Vampire

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:26 am   Reply with quote

This was all too confusing for the girl; she had no idea what to do, and when to do it. For one thing, she could assume the game knew she existed: bad. For another, she could make the assumption that it would attempt to communicate with her: just great. "Um, right, this... I don't know what to say... uh..."

She paused. "What the Hell is going on here?" She repeated the words over and over in her head, looking around the room nervously.
some shop lol    
LoudKid

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:35 am   Reply with quote

"That's what I'd like to know, Jumbo..." He had gotten right up next to the portal, and reached out his hand.

The instant he made contact with the surface, he felt himself reverting to his original form, and falling...not very far, though.

"What was THAT!?"

He stood up at about 3 feet high, and looked around.

"Well..I guess you're not so 'jumbo' after all..."

He noticed the TV, and stared at it for several seconds before turning back to the girl.

"Did you open that portal, Stretch?" he motioned towards the television.
that confounded bridge
Abstract
Vampire

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:40 am   Reply with quote

"Um, no." Jessica rolled her eyes at him, then quickly glanced at the T.V. Admittedly, she was quite scared; it wasn't every day that video-game characters leaped from the depths of her television screen. "I don't know how that happened. I thought it was just a television... I didn't think that every day electronics counted as portals."

"What I'd like to ask, is why you are real."
some shop lol    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Role-Play