digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

A field of flowers <-> An ocean of flames
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Role-Play Off-Topic
Super ShadowArticuno

HP: 99 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:34 pm   Reply with quote

For those of you who thought the topic title seemed a little strange, well, it is. All will be explained, and all I ask of you is your patience and a bit of curiosity.

Assume you or your character is standing in the middle of a field. One with grass, flowers, and cute little bunnies. About halfway through a delightful stroll among the greenery, something would be off. You would notice a drastic change in temperature and scenery - The sky would be as red as blood, the ground charred to a cracked mess of earth... And that beautiful pond you would be skipping to? Molten rock. If you were to, perhaps, step back a few feet, all would seem normal besides a glowing orb floating in the air... No larger than a grain of sand. Step forward again and you would stand in the hellish wasteland once more. The orb would seem to be the key here.

Now, suppose this were to actually happen... No, suppose it is happening. Suppose you or your character is there right now... What will you do? Run like hell in the opposite direction, adventure through this strange new plane of despair, or examine the bight light floating between the line of beauty and destruction?
A Bucket of Stuff    
Lord Bob
Zeromus/Terrus

HP: 61 MP: 8 Lives: 5

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:38 pm   Reply with quote

"I'll take the wasteland, as I think these bunnies are far more dangerous than they appear."
NON BANNER    
Bartz Klauser
Zetta/Alexander

HP: 100 MP: 5 Lives: 4

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:42 pm   Reply with quote

Alexander decided to prod the orb with his sword.

"Now, this is quite curious, indeed!"
The Town of Lix    
Super ShadowArticuno

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:46 pm   Reply with quote

Even the powerful Zeromus would not be able to get much further through the wasteland. The sea of fire was simply too wide and deep; and the barren rock that surrounded it went on forever. Not a soul was in sight. Nothing that wasn't rock, solid or molten.

---

The orb would release a soft chime... The pure white light would collect at the ground of the orb, visible on both the lush and barren side of this strange field. It appeared to be a gate of sorts.
A Bucket of Stuff    
Lord Bob
Zeromus/Terrus

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:49 pm   Reply with quote

"A trickle of lava won't stop me," Zeromus chuckled, Creating a lavaproof bridge.
NON BANNER    
Super ShadowArticuno

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:51 pm   Reply with quote

Zeromus could walk his bridge for an eternity and not get anywhere. The wasteland really did go on forever, as if it were not even part of this world.
A Bucket of Stuff    
Lord Bob
Zeromus/Terrus

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:54 pm   Reply with quote

He decided to turn back. "An eternal waste. It's been a long time since I've seen one of these. Wonder who made it, I'd love to meet him."
NON BANNER    
Bartz Klauser
Zetta/Alexander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:57 pm   Reply with quote

Alexander stepped on the white light.
The Town of Lix    
Super ShadowArticuno

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:03 pm   Reply with quote

Alexander would find himself in a small room, no larger than a classroom, that seemed empty. On closer inspection, there was a man sitting at a desk near the front. If he were to look out the window, he would see nothing, and literally nothing.

The man looked up from the book he happened to be reading, and stared Alexander straight in the eye.

"Who the hell are you?! What are you doing here?!"

The portal would close behind Alexander, simply of the man's will. The portal back in the field... wasteland... place would remain open for any other travelers who happen to come across it. There seemed to be no way out.
A Bucket of Stuff    
Bartz Klauser
Zetta/Alexander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:25 pm   Reply with quote

"I am me. What I am doing here, you will call that 'stuff'."
The Town of Lix    
Super ShadowArticuno

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:27 pm   Reply with quote

"I honestly don't care what you are doing. You'll have to be destroyed before anyone can find out about this place."

The man reached under his desk and pulled out a handgun...
A Bucket of Stuff    
Bartz Klauser
Zetta/Alexander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:29 pm   Reply with quote

Alexander held out his hand, and an orb of holy energy gathered, before spraying a variety of bullets, in self defense, in the man's direction.
The Town of Lix    
Super ShadowArticuno

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:37 pm   Reply with quote

The man was not powerful at all. As the bullets struck him, he lost his grip on the pistol and immediately hit the ground. As soon as the last ounce of life escaped from his body, the entire room was bathed in the very same white light given off by the orb. Alexander would be completely blinded as the area ceased to exist...

... Alexander would be dropped off exactly where he had entered, except for one crucial difference. The lush field and barren wasteland were now one. The key holding them apart was that one room, and that one man. That man was a God, that dimension was his world. Alexander had wiped him off of the face of all existence, and those two contrasting worlds were now one.

Yet another man stepped up behind Alexander, this one looking much younger... No older than seventeen.

"Are you aware of what you've done? Do you know how catastrophic the results of your actions will be if this can continue? Or do you even understand what you have done?"
A Bucket of Stuff    
Bartz Klauser
Zetta/Alexander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:40 pm   Reply with quote

"Lemme guess, I screwed over this entire plane of existence for quite a bit?"
The Town of Lix    
Super ShadowArticuno

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:45 pm   Reply with quote

"Not quite, but if this ever happens again - and it will - we'll have a pretty good chance of destroying all of reality."

He sighed, and pointed back down the field, in the direction of the city.

"Gather up anyone and everyone and tell them to meet me in the park tomorrow. I'll explain everything."

He walked off in the same direction he had pointed in. No more answers would come out of his mouth. The question is... Will you listen to him?

--To be continued tomorrow--
A Bucket of Stuff    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Role-Play Off-Topic