digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

What is your opinion on Animal Crossing CF?
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Gaming

Are you excited about the new Animal Crossing?
Yes! It's perfect!
25%
 25%  [ 10 ]
OK, I will still enjoy it for what it is
51%
 51%  [ 20 ]
No, I was really hoping for something big like a MMO
15%
 15%  [ 6 ]
GRARR! I hate Animal Crossing!
7%
 7%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 39

Elite Nerr
Francis

HP: 50 MP: 3 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:08 pm   Reply with quote

Ok, se we don't know all the details, but from what we know, there doesn't appear to be that much difference between Animal Crossiing: City Folk and the previous ACs:
  • Same GameCube graphics.
  • You still have your own town and do the same things, with the same animals and collectibles that you did in all the other ACs.
  • The big new thing is that you can now visit a city, which apparently just gives you more customization options
  • You can still only have four players in your town (that is all that was shown in the preview).
They did add some more commuinication tools which is great, but overall, its basically the same game. I guess that's fine for most Wii owners who havnt played AC before, but for us veterans, it is kinda disappointing to just have a console version of Wild World.

What do you think? Is having online-enabled GameCube AC good enough for you? Or do you still dream of a seamless massive Animal Crossing world of interconnected towns with hundreds of real people?
Actions
Searchlight was used on this post.
Francis' Fort Garage Sale    
lolz
Shrowser

HP: 100 MP: 4 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:11 pm   Reply with quote

It looks pretty good. I'm really hyped for this.
Hopefully, there'll be more customization options like you said, like possibly uploading shirt designs from your Photo Gallery.
Shrowser's Shop    
? Block
Fancy Wario

HP: 69 MP: 8 Lives: 1

To be fair, the graphics are slightly improved; they seem much smoother than they were on the GameCube. You have to wonder, though, how they could be improved more without changing the style.

Anyway, it's nothing mind-blowing, but I do think that it's a great addition to both the Wii library and the Animal Crossing series. The voice chat, in particular, has me excited, if only for the possibilities for future games.
ashdgbdsahvdsajghdasvgsahdvsagsa    
Nimexa, The Gentle Breeze
Dark Prognosticus
Burning Werewolf

HP: 97 MP: 10 Lives: 1

Not as good as I HOPED but still seems great. I'll like it.
Dark Prognosticus` Deed Shop    
Mandew
Manjew

HP: 99 MP: 8 Lives: 2

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:25 pm   Reply with quote

It'll have a lot of new shit.

Accessories are confirmed to return in this, which already makes it a bit better than the Gamecube version in the collectible area. Holidays from the Gamecube's are also returning, which makes it better than DS in that area, too.

For now, it seems like "we took the better of both previous AC and put it in one game".

I'll be getting it.
Wario Land Shop!    
That rich guy
Pure-???
Vampire

HP: 88 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:43 pm   Reply with quote

Looks great. We'll probably be getting 2 copies of it.
pure-???'s shop of spells.    
Mister I
Almaz

HP: 43 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:29 pm   Reply with quote

I'll still get it, but it's really underwhelming. Voice chat is more important than the AC game, and the AC game is...well, basic at best. It just overall FEELS like a remake with more features, instead of a real sequel.

Looks like a bleak year for my Wii collection overall.
Temple of I    
RaveRaze
Mana7
Dead
Dead

HP: 0 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:30 pm   Reply with quote

Im still rooting for Ridable Mounts and New equips
Choco's    
That rich guy
Pure-???
Vampire

HP: 88 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:53 pm   Reply with quote

Mister I wrote:
I'll still get it, but it's really underwhelming. Voice chat is more important than the AC game, and the AC game is...well, basic at best. It just overall FEELS like a remake with more features, instead of a real sequel.

Can you really have a sequel to a game with no end?
pure-???'s shop of spells.    
Mister I
Almaz

HP: 43 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:25 pm   Reply with quote

Pure-??? wrote:
Mister I wrote:

Can you really have a sequel to a game with no end?
It's Nintendo. They can crap rainbows and turn boring concepts into funk. YES YOU CAN.

Old Gamecube save file? Your old character is the govenator of the AC World. You're living in a world you created before. Bored of it? Get yourself elected govenator. Then send yourself back to new you's crappy house and laugh at him.

Alright, I've gone a bit off-topic. But really, it just seems like minor touches and dashes of more. I was really expecting a Super Smash Bros. Melee-sized revamp of the series that's been the same since N64 Animal Forest. Instead...hey, voice chat. Neato. Put that in Mario Kart and you've got something worth selling. Animal Crossing? Huh? Oh...that...GCN game...no DS...oh wait, Wii...yeah, that's it...
Temple of I    
Strawberry-san
Celeste Dimentia

HP: 100 MP: 0 Lives: 3

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:05 pm   Reply with quote

Love it, I'm really excited and am definitely getting the game. I'll have plenty of fun. =)
Dimension D    
Super ShadowArticuno

HP: 99 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:58 pm   Reply with quote

I'm disappointed, actually. They just took AC:WW, and gave it a lot of old and a few new features. I'll wait until I can read reviews before deciding to get it or not, though.
A Bucket of Stuff    
OH GOD
Manpersonguything
Werewolf

HP: 100 MP: 8 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:47 pm   Reply with quote

[color=blue}EY! I feel as happy as the day when 2 kids fell into my canal! err.
I've always thought a city would be cool. and I always wanted a way to talk over wi-fi[/color]
TWEWY Pins    
kwobsunit24
Weegee
Werewolf

HP: 65 MP: 0 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:37 am   Reply with quote

The AC game looks good because you can talk to people online with the WiiSpeak. I might get it even though I'm not an AC fan.
Weegee's shop of useful junk    
Larry Koopa
Sam

HP: 35 MP: 1 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:20 am   Reply with quote

I am really looking foward to it. DLC, Mii heads, Keyboard support, WiiSpeak, Fully customizable clothes... However, just like all Animal Crossing, this'll get boring after 5-6 months.
Koop    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Gaming