digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Super Mario RPG Fight Simulator

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Your Creations
Fat Tuper
lovegod703

HP: 10 MP: 6 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:02 pm   Reply with quote

The Super Mario RPG Fight Simulator Is a game I made, using Scratch. You can use the action command for punching, but not to defend. I may update it, if I have time, to be more like Super Mario RPG, but I may not. This version even includes music and all. Press a certain key to get a certain song to play rather than the standard song. Special thanks, to Popple, for finding the Goomba sprites, and my little brother for making to SFX.

All copyrights of Super Mario RPG belong to Nintendo, including sprites, items, enemies, characters, music, and worlds. Copyrights of the background and sprites, including the character Mario and goombas, and the music of this version of the game belong to Nintendo.
Milton Games    
Poison
Super Postman
Jailed Vampire
Jailed

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 11

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:06 pm   Reply with quote

If you press defend and then attack = epic fail
Poison's Boutique    
Fat Tuper
lovegod703

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:49 am   Reply with quote

Yeah. Imma fix that.
Milton Games    
Fat Tuper
lovegod703

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:59 am   Reply with quote

NOTE: I fixed that glitch, and the project is still in the same link.
Milton Games    
See?
Popple

HP: 99 MP: 8 Lives: 10

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:01 am   Reply with quote

This isn't very good.

The enemy is still alive after it dies, and even if it doesn't show enemy health in SMRPG (EVEN THOUGH YOU KINDA CAN DO THAT) it does show how much you take away.

Not to mention a bunch of sprites just keep disappearing.
Popple's Secret Hideout    
Fat Tuper
lovegod703

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:16 am   Reply with quote

Popple wrote:
This isn't very good.

The enemy is still alive after it dies, and even if it doesn't show enemy health in SMRPG (EVEN THOUGH YOU KINDA CAN DO THAT) it does show how much you take away.

Not to mention a bunch of sprites just keep disappearing.
1) It's called a scratch game. There's no good way to show how much damage it does without un-randomizing it. Once I find one, though, I'll update it. This is a work-in-progress, so I'm trying to find and fix all of the glitches.

2) How is the enemy still alive? Please explain.

3) No they don't. What are you talking about? I doesn't do that at all on my computer. Maybe it's just your computer, or maybe I'm doing something different than you.

Explain what happen for all of them, and I'll try to fix them. I'll try to fix the glitches.

Last edited by lovegod703 on Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Milton Games    
Shadow Kingdom
Spell Seal
Burning

HP: 80 MP: 0 Lives: 3

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:19 am   Reply with quote

The attack noises are annoying as hell, the sprite disappears when you use the uppercut, the music sucks, and you can't even tell how much damage your doing, or how much health the enemy has. ಠﮯ๏
DISGUISE KIT    
Fat Tuper
lovegod703

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:21 am   Reply with quote

Shadow Kingdom wrote:
The attack noises are annoying as hell, the sprite disappears when you use the uppercut, the music sucks, and you can't even tell how much damage your doing, or how much health the enemy has. ಠﮯ๏
Look, I can't do anything about it. The music is exactly the same as in SMRPG. Read the post I just gave. That will explain it to you.

And also, you can't tell how much HP the enemy has in the normal game, either. (Until you get Mallow and he learns Psychopath) This is a near-exact remake.
Milton Games    
Fat Tuper
lovegod703

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:27 am   Reply with quote

NOTE: I fixed the defense glitch. Now the buttons come back.
Milton Games    
Shadow Kingdom
Spell Seal
Burning

HP: 80 MP: 0 Lives: 3

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:28 am   Reply with quote

Fat Tuper wrote:
Shadow Kingdom wrote:
Look, I can't do anything about it. The music is exactly the same as in SMRPG. Read the post I just gave. That will explain it to you.

And also, you can't tell how much HP the enemy has in the normal game, either. (Until you get Mallow and he learns Psychopath) This is a near-exact remake.
Wow. SMRPG had horrible music. ಠﮯ๏
DISGUISE KIT    
Richest user. :D
Super Ultimario

HP: 100 MP: 4 Lives: 6

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:40 am   Reply with quote

You can have HP in decimals. At one point I think I had HP at .875 or something.

The sound effects for the punch attacks fail, and I'm pretty sure those aren't the original sounds either.

It should show how much damage you deal, like SMRPG.

Mario's sprite dissapears for a second when you get the Timed Hit right.

After you defeat the Goomba it attacks you again with missing sprites.

If you press Defend you can then press Attack and attack while the Goomba is attacking you.

When you die you have .1 HP.
Ultimario Mart!    
PEPSIMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!
Cherry
Vampire

HP: 65 MP: 6 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:50 am   Reply with quote

I just lost to a Goomba.

This isn't so much a SMRPG simulator as an exercise in coping with failure.
Console Merchandise    
TooManyToasters
Paper_Waluigi

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:42 pm   Reply with quote

What is this? I keep clicking attack, Mario keeps moving up and punching the air, and the goomba doesn't die. Also, what's the point of guarding?
asdf    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Your Creations