digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Dementia
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Your Creations
Strawberry-san
Celeste Dimentia

HP: 100 MP: 0 Lives: 3

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:39 pm   Reply with quote

Dementia: A Psychoanalysis

This is Dimentio's perception of progress, power, and those that surround him. Those in which he sees potential, he molds and places onto a giant chess board. These select individuals reside upon this board not to use their uncommon skill or power for making supposed contributions to a hopeless and imperfect world, but to help Dimentio realize his one, unceasing goal: Domination over all worlds, so that he may use his power, and that of those which come to serve him, to clear the muddy waters, and from that vile bog, shape and raise up a new, perfect reality - centered upon none other than he, Dimentio.
Dimentio is a master planner. All that befalls him, even a seeming defeat, is often already planned or preconsidered by the inconveniently sharp jester. His plans flow together without end, supporting one another and remaining in a state of constant preparation for continuation, in the possibility of one piece of the overall puzzle being removed. What's more, Dimentio can easily create brand new pieces to reestablish a certain connection between many of his plans.
Because he is so unusually - and exceedingly - intelligent, Dimentio believes that he alone knows what's best for the worlds, and sees it as his rightful duty to instill that knowledge in others. All humans have potential for far more brilliance than they normally exhibit; Dimentio recognizes that potential within himself, and uses it fully - much to his unique advantage.
Dimentio does not play his grand game of chess with pieces of mere junk. He never places meaningless items upon his board at the start of a new game, nor will he tolerate their presence. Once a playing piece has lost its shape as a manipulatable and useful object, it no longer belongs with its fellows. For the sake of progress, Dimentio will gladly cast that which is useless into complete and utter oblivion. He prunes the canker that threatens his ingenious schemes, and then promptly heals the wound by shaping yet another exceptional individual into one of his many chess pieces, for some last longer on the board than others.
Sometimes he will eliminate a stagnant piece by moving another into its path; on other occasions, he takes out the threat with a touch of his own magic. Each time a threat is destroyed, Dimentio becomes filled with utmost joy - for he has wiped out yet another hindrance, and taken his grand plans one step closer towards coming into fruition. With the subsequent acquisition of a new puppet, Dimentio's plans, as a result, take on a new and different tone, if only in the greatest subtlety. This supports the fact that the sadistic jester's plans are indeed ever-changing, like a many-headed monster that, when beheaded, sprouts ten more heads in its place. Such is the nature of his plans... his chess board. It is a distinct symbol that represents, in a simpler way (if possible), the complex psyche of Dimentio... pleaser of crowds, master of dimensions!

------------------------------------------------------

I'll explain why I bored you to tears with that later... I'm at school, and it's time to go! (I'm in my Web Design class, which I have every school day) See ya in a bit.
Dimension D    
HWMSWHTHA
LordBlumiere

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:45 pm   Reply with quote

*In shock* Shocked
Bitter Heaven    
I AM TAYL
Mona

HP: 85 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:15 pm   Reply with quote

-takes notes-
Cashplx Land!    
Master of Puppets...
The Chaos Heart

HP: 100 MP: 6 Lives: 22

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:50 pm   Reply with quote

BRAVO! BRILLIANT!

...I thought Dementia was a disease that made your brain melt though... Shifty
Dimension C    
Yellow Magikoopa
Vampire

HP: 100 MP: 4 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:09 pm   Reply with quote

My 8th grade attention span won't allow me to read this. >_>
Pipe Land Goods    
I AM TAYL
Mona

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:12 pm   Reply with quote

The Chaos Heart wrote:
BRAVO! BRILLIANT!

...I thought Dementia was a disease that made your brain melt though... Shifty

Brain meltage? Confused WEIRDZ. O_o
Cashplx Land!    
Strawberry-san
Celeste Dimentia

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:13 pm   Reply with quote

To explain a little... I was bored and wanted to practice both my writing and understanding of one of my favorite characters, so I wrote out a rough draft of this piece during my free time in P.E. (we just sit around in the gym for the first week or so). Then when I got to my Web Design class, I typed it out on a Text File, copied, and pasted it here. I also saved the file to my flash drive for some reason. Razz This can be found on my DeviantArt profile, as well.
Dimension D    
Master of Puppets...
The Chaos Heart

HP: 100 MP: 6 Lives: 22

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:31 pm   Reply with quote

Yesh. Brainmeltage. That's what I read in the dictionary at least...
Dimension C    
Yellow Magikoopa
Vampire

HP: 100 MP: 4 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:32 pm   Reply with quote

Meh, I'm not a devianTARD, so nyeh. Sad
Pipe Land Goods    
I AM TAYL
Mona

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:46 pm   Reply with quote

Chaos Dimentio wrote:
To explain a little... I was bored and wanted to practice both my writing and understanding of one of my favorite characters, so I wrote out a rough draft of this piece during my free time in P.E. (we just sit around in the gym for the first week or so). Then when I got to my Web Design class, I typed it out on a Text File, copied, and pasted it here. I also saved the file to my flash drive for some reason. Razz This can be found on my DeviantArt profile, as well.

Dang...

When I get bored in class I draw comics. Which lead to the creation of Ki, Kit Quizmo, and practically all of my other Oc's. ^^;
Cashplx Land!    
Strawberry-san
Celeste Dimentia

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:50 pm   Reply with quote

Nothing wrong with doing what you do best, and enjoying it, hmmm? And hopefully having others enjoy it, too, by bringing your ideas and creations out for them to see.
Dimension D    
HWMSWHTHA
LordBlumiere

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:51 pm   Reply with quote

Ohhhhhh maaan... I think I've read this about 15 times now...

...And it just gets better...

@_@ Help me...
Bitter Heaven    
I AM TAYL
Mona

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:02 pm   Reply with quote

LordBlumiere wrote:
Ohhhhhh maaan... I think I've read this about 15 times now...

...And it just gets better...

@_@ Help me...

-pulls out taser-
Cashplx Land!    
ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWA
Francine

HP: 78 MP: 4 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:03 pm   Reply with quote

textwallplz

But you're a very good writer and thinker. It's almost like you're describing a power-hungry dictator of sorts that actually existed.
The Shop on a Hill    
Strawberry-san
Celeste Dimentia

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:06 pm   Reply with quote

wishgranted+thx^_^

That could have been longer, to be honest, but I didn't want to bore anyone. Razz That, and I figured I had expressed enough of my thoughts on the character in a single message/paper already. My way of thinking, see, is somewhat overwhelming, even for myself at times. I obtain one thought about something I want to explore - in this instance, the psychosis of Dimentio - and then suddenly five more related ideas spring up from that base of inspiration... and so on, and so on. I then proceed to calculate just the right way to put these new ideas into words, so that they actually have meaning, and carry a powerful tone at the same time.

For example, all that I'm doing right now is typing text. You're reading this sentence, and understand its meaning, because of a certain part of your brain. Various other components determine how you take in syntax. You read this sentence, and understand that instead of being a mere string of gibberish, they actually have meaning.

If that little moment made you think, perhaps even made you inquisitive on the subject that I raised, then I've accomplished my goal. The point of writing is to get a point across... with style! That's my own personal philosophy concerning the subject, anyway.

If you want to improve your writing, read more. It really helps, because your mind has the capacity to take in new words, if you'll allow it to - that is, if you truly commit them to memory. Try to recall even the words that you figure you'd never really use in a sentence, like 'woebegone' or 'tremulous'; don't ignore them simply because you think that they will either give off the impression that you are bombastic, or just seem unnecessary, since there are many other words to use in their place. But if you devote yourself to understanding their meaning, you'll be able to mix things up a lot more when you write - and trust me, repetitiveness can turn dull very quickly.

I'm rambling again... that's a bad habit of mine, sorry. Razz
Dimension D    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Your Creations