digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

The Ultimate Show

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Your Creations
Strawberry-san
Celeste Dimentia

HP: 100 MP: 0 Lives: 3

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 4:58 am   Reply with quote

This is also posted up on my DeviantArt account. Yeah... this could have been a lot longer, and a lot better, but I was bored and a little tired. Regardless, though, I hope you enjoy this momentary insight into Dimentio's past! Obviously, it's my own unique version of things.

The Ultimate (and First) Show

"He is useless... a freak!"

"Please don't say that, dearest... we should love him for what he is! Just because he's different from the other children..."

"Rosetta, he has no face. He's not only different, but dangerous. What use is such a thing?"

"You speak as though he isn't a person, like you or me. Have you no heart, Desmen?"

"You speak of love...? 'Dearest', yes... don't fool yourself. You married me for my power, for my rule as king."

"I love you for who you are, my dearest, king or no king..."

"Then you are more hopeless than I thought... though not as hopeless as this demented child that sits before me. We must destroy it. How can such a meaningless sack of tissue come to rule our people?"

"He... he is your son... not a piece of meat! How can you say such things?"

The small, faceless child sat in a corner, shaking. It beheld no expression, yet seemed almost to emote itself through its body movements as the king and queen spoke. It was almost as if it could see and hear everything that was happening... but no, that was impossible.

"Impossible, I tell you. It cannot feel... it cannot do anything, Rosetta. Look at it!"

For the first time, a fierce emotion rose like a flame within the child's mind. For it did indeed possess conscious thought... for though he had no face, no expression on the outside, the boy did, at least, have a heart... and a very strong and unique one, at that. It felt everything around it, actually sensed the events that had unfolded since the young boy's birth. Now it had begun to thump wildly, giving way to a furious anger. Hatred flowed from its veins like a poison, all the way to the boy's nonexistent face... life was being given to it at last.

"Please, my dearest... I implore you..."

"Enough. I can see now that you care more for this nameless child than you do me."

"Nameless? I have long had a name in mind, Desmen. I was going to tell you tonight, but then..."

"Yes, but then I saw this creature for what it truly is: a freak! A clown! A pile of flesh that will never amount to anything, that will never be able to develop magic as strong as mine, or that of my ancestors. The line of great and noble kings has ended."

"No."

"Excuse me?"

The child watched, sudden curiosity now mingled with his fury. With every passing moment, his perspective of the situation grew sharper; he could understand, now. He knew why hatred was bubbling inside him like acid, and he embraced it - for he had perfectly good reason to feel the way that he did. The woman, who he now knew to be his mother, had taken on a quiet and defiant tone of voice at last.

"I said no, your majesty. The noble line of kings has ended with you, not Dimentio."

"So that is what you've named it?"

"It is a fine name, for a fine person."

"I see... so you choose this object over me - over your people."

"I choose what's right! I--"

The mother stopped speaking abruptly, he gaze now falling upon her newborn child. For the space of a second, a gleam of crimson had leapt out at her, focused upon her husband like a searchlight...

"I... did you see? Dimentio... his eyes..."

"Eyes? It has nothing... it is nothing. Or are you so desperate to imagine that it really is normal... that it really is like you or me, or indeed, everyone else in our great tribe!"

"I know what I saw..."

No sooner had she turned her gaze upon Dimentio once more, however, then the momentary red gleam had vanished from sight.

"I... it was definitely there..."

"What is this? My wife has lost her mind, at last? But no... I know now that the birth of this monster has driven you insane. If you or this miserable lump of matter will not be productive to our tribe, then I see no further use... for either of you."

"D-Desmen... what are you..."

"It is the only way... yes. I will destroy you both!"

"NO!"

For the first time, Dimentio spoke. His intelligence had developed faster than any creature yet born within his clan, and where blank space had once occupied the area above his shoulders, a pulsating black heart now rested. Its expression was frightening: A taut leer, as harshly cold and unfeeling as its wearer.

"No... you will not take her! You are pathetic, like..."

Dimentio paused. He wanted to add more contempt to his statement, yet had not seen enough of the world to draw any ideas yet - he had nothing to compare his father to. Surely, the rest of the world was as disgusting as this man... tarnished, imperfect. Taking note to come up with a mental list of comparisons later on, Dimentio continued to advance towards his father.

"Well, it does not matter. It it I that shall kill you, after all. Once you are gone from this world, you need not worry about my own presence any longer."

Desmen's eyes widened with shock.

"You... you can... but no... you are still a danger! You are mad, the both of you! Ah ha ha... and you are also both finished! No more will you threaten my tribe... or my rule over the people! Only true magical power will give you the strength that you need... observe!"

Desmen snapped his fingers, and in an instant, his wife Rosetta became encased in a golden barrier of light.

"She dies!" screamed Desmen, now appearing quite deranged. Before Dimentio could stop him, he snapped them once more, and his wife was consumed in a searing explosion of curling flames; when the smoke cleared, both she and the barrier had gone.

"You..."

For the second time since his true awakening, words failed Dimentio. His anger rendered him incoherent; but no, he needed to master his emotions...

"And now..." Desmen smiled twistedly, his gloved hand forming into a fist. His look of sickening triumph changed quite suddenly to a contortion of pain and agony, as Dimentio's hand drove through his chest and grasped his heart. Pulling it out and throwing it to the ground, Dimentio smiled for the first time in his life.

"How's that... father?"

"Ah ha ha... you fool."

Desmen slumped to the ground, his life leaving him. "You are doomed to madness... don't you see? You can kill me, but the cruel fate that has long befallen my family line shall not elude you... you will be forever cursed. I shall make sure of it!"

Desmen snapped his fingers one last time, and a mask instantly appeared over Dimentio's face, locking itself in place. It held a frozen grin, and refused to yield as Dimentio pulled at it with all of his might.

"No physical force will remove that mask from your face. Only when you attain enough power will you be able to remove it once more... and when that happens, your enemies - for you shall have many - will be able to destroy you at last... be able to do what I failed to do."

"I am greater by far than you have ever been, or indeed, than anyone ever will be," said Dimentio, lowering both hands from his face and actually floating upwards as he spoke. "I'm not like you. You were right... I am different. I am of greater intellience, and of greater power, by nature. I will restore this world to perfection... and I will be its first true and pure king. Nothing will stand in my way. All obstacles shall be cleared... starting with you."

Dimentio was the one who snapped his fingers this time; Desmen gave a final scream of agony, as blood spilled from his open chest at an increased rate. In seconds, the last vestiges of life within him, even that which had been supported by magic, had left. His body collapsed, defeated and broken, to the ground.

Dimentio's expressionless mask looked down pitilessly upon the father of its wearer. Despite its monotone gaze, the voice of its owner was full of joy. As he floated towards the exit of the shadowy chamber, Dimentio looked back upon the lifeless body, and gave it his final departing words:

"Ah ha ha... ciao!"
Dimension D    
Master of Puppets...
The Chaos Heart

HP: 100 MP: 6 Lives: 22

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:06 am   Reply with quote

Bravo! You are truly a gifted writer...
Dimension C    
Tails Doll

HP: 100 MP: 3 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 6:52 am   Reply with quote

Uh oh. We all know what's gonna happen now...And I have it comin...
Hell    
THE EYES ARE WATCHING!
Super Crystal King

HP: 75 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:58 pm   Reply with quote

You write better than my sister! WOW!!!!
Crystal King's Holiday Shop    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Your Creations