digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

So...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Your Creations
Burn them out
rawrskey
Benned Vampire
Benned

HP: 70 MP: 5 Lives: 5

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:52 pm   Reply with quote

My story ran out of luck. I lost the inspiration for the short story I posted earlier. Anyone care to throw me a few ideas? I'm a creative person, I could easily come up with my own... but I think I could please you more if it were based on a subject that I know the majority of digibuttians like.
rawrshop    
Strawberry-san
Celeste Dimentia

HP: 100 MP: 0 Lives: 3

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:59 pm   Reply with quote

How about... a self-fulfilling prophecy? By hunting down the person spoken of in the 'Prophecy', by trying to eliminate that person and introducing him/her to the great Darkness, that shadowy phantom of evil, Shade, could create his own enemy - set the hero on a determined path to stop him, proving to be an obstacle that he himself helped to shape.
Dimension D    
Burn them out
rawrskey
Benned Vampire
Benned

HP: 70 MP: 5 Lives: 5

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:14 pm   Reply with quote

Chaos Dimentio wrote:
How about... a self-fulfilling prophecy? By hunting down the person spoken of in the 'Prophecy', by trying to eliminate that person and introducing him/her to the great Darkness, that shadowy phantom of evil, Shade, could create his own enemy - set the hero on a determined path to stop him, proving to be an obstacle that he himself helped to shape.

Mmm no. I've been thinking of that story, and this is the summary of the plot (scroll down if you want to be LE SPOILZ0RED)

Shade establishes himself as a military power and quickly takes over the world (how he does it is not described in full), but quickly gets bored... the complete control he has not only bores him, but drives him partially insane due to boredom. He has nothing to do. No kingdoms to defend himself from. His people can live very well without his help. So what he does, is he secretly begins corrupting his own government in attempt to get a "resistance" group to form up... and it works. He toys with them by allowing them "openings". They think they're just getting lucky, but it's really all Shade's planning.

He eventually becomes impatient and challenges the world, believing that his power is unsurpassed. He is wrong, and is quickly "defeated" by the small resistance group. They also use a mythical item (oh so cliche... perfect way to give unlimited power to any group of heroes for a short period of time) to eliminate his power. So Shade becomes normal.

He then leads his OWN military resistance, promising instead that he will banish the "sickness" from the world and make it perfect. The "sickness" he refers to is the democratic government that the resistance group formed. Since it was democratic, it was slow to make decisions, so Shade took advantage of the citizens by claiming to take over the kingdom and lead it so that it's decisions were made more swiftly, AND he would be a peaceful and kind ruler. Before he could establish his stranglehold on the people once more, the kingdom splits into four separate groups, ruled by four powerhouses (each of the four having elemental powers. One having fire and earth, one having ice and water, one having wind and light, and the other stealing shade's powers of darkness). Shade obviously seeks to take out the person with his dark powers, and does his best, but fails. His army then leaves him, claiming that he is incompetent.

From there, I'm not sure. I want people to grow to love and hate shade, and I mean both at the same time, for a variety of reasons.

And as far as the four powerhouses that lead the resistance early on, I'll talk about them as well.

In the end, the prophecy was right... Shade was defeated by four heroes, and was removed from his seat of power.

the story is unique, because it's about the "bad guy".

spoilers ovar lol.
rawrshop    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Your Creations