digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Life not worth living

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Your Creations
Addicted to linebreaks
Plastic Mario
Vampire

HP: 94 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:43 pm   Reply with quote

I was once a happy child. I had no cares or troubles in the world. With wealthy parents, my life was virtually handed to me. My wealth bought me friends, and reputation. By the time I had passed through middle school, there was not a person within the building I didn't know personally. I was what you'd call "popular". I was also a straight-A student. I saw high school as an oppertunity to meet new people, and finish my education. I was what you'd call a parents dream.

High school was fine for the first few years.

However...

I decided I was mature enough to move out on my own. At the age of eighteen, I felt like I could make my own decisions. And from that very thought spawned a chain reaction that cost me my life. Allow me to explain.

Friday, October 8th, 2115

Me and two friends were sitting down in my brand new apartment, having a few drinks and playing some games. One was my best friend, Anthony. The other was my girlfriend, Tess. We've been seeing each other since we were 10 or 11, and I thought she really liked me. I liked her too.

After the gathering, I walked her home. Tess's home was on the other side of town, and the shortest route was through the downtown area. I didn't exactly feel comfortable walking through, but it was late and she still lived with her parents. They would go insane if she stayed out any later, and with a guy, too. Her parents were overprotective and nearly never let her out of the house, let alone at 1 in the morning. She insisted that we cut through.

Bad idea.

"Hey, look who's here!"

That would be John. He's also been after Tess for a while, to a near point of obsession. He hangs out late at night, probably smoking or doing some other drugs. "What are you doing out so late?" He said, lighting another cigarette. "I'm walking her home," I said. He didn't like that. "Oh? Mind if I take over?" Tess tensed up. "Stop it, John. I already told you to leave us alone."

"Well, too bad. You, you're letting Tess come with me."

Boy, I did have a bit too much to drink that night. John was way stronger than me, and could probably kill me in a few minutes if I pissed him off enough. It was at this moment when I made my first fatal mistake.

"Oh? What if I don't?"

I fully expected a fist to the face, a knife to the throat, or even a bullet to the chest. I closed my eyes tight and waited for my life to end, violently.

But all he did was grunt and walk away.

"Hah! I showed that loser!" I bragged to Tess. Usually, she would be laughing around now, but she had a solemn look on her face. She knew John a lot better than me, but the alcohol was taking over, and I simply ignored it and finished walking her home. After that... I can't remember a thing.

Monday, October 11th, 2115

Ugggh. I awoke with a splitting headache. The sheets smell like crap. I guess I do have to change them once in a while. Maybe motherly advice isn't THAT useless after all.

I got up in the bed in my tiny apartment, got dressed, and walked into the living room, which had a small kitchen built into the side.

...A dirty bowl lay on the table. Looks like I had cereal last night. I cleaned it up, and took an asprin while I was at it. Why is the asprin just laying there, in the middle of the kitchen? I may not be the cleanest person, but I do like to keep my place tidy, so back into the pantry it goes...

The pantry is completely stuffed with food. Did I go shopping while I was drunk? Ugh... This is so confusing. Oh well. I guess it happened, and I'm not complaining about so much extra food. It's Saturday, so I can catch up on a lot of extra sleep. I went to my bed and lay down, and my eyelids slipped shut.

Now, remember, that was from my point of view, at the time. What I didn't know, is that it was Monday, not Saturday. I've been sleeping for 2 days straight, and you'll find out why soon enough.

--------------------------------

Yeah, I felt like writing something. I'll update it whenever the hell I feel like it.

Oh, and this is fiction, in case you can't tell.

Last edited by Plastic Mario on Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fiberglass World    
lolz
Shrowser

HP: 100 MP: 4 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:44 pm   Reply with quote

Very good! At the beginning I started to think you were talking about yourself. XP
Shrowser's Shop    
Addicted to linebreaks
Plastic Mario
Vampire

HP: 94 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:31 pm   Reply with quote

Updat'd. I had a LOT more, but on the LAST WORD, I accidentally hit Ctrl + W instead of Shift + W, and it CLOSED THE WINDOW.

...Arrrgh.

Oh well, I still got a bit in, and I'll probably add the rest in later today.
Fiberglass World    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Your Creations