digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Latest story. Keep bumped, and please don't ignore it.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Your Creations
Burn them out
rawrskey
Benned Vampire
Benned

HP: 70 MP: 5 Lives: 5

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:21 pm   Reply with quote

so I've been sifting ideas in my head for a while and I finally have an introduction down. I have to work from this... I'm still working out so many things (for example: dates, times, characters, settings, etc.) but I have the basic story down. It won't take me long. Expect it to be updated at LEAST weekly. Probably more often if I feel motivated.

Quote:
The main problem with common sense is that it has never been common. What is considered common sense to some is not to others. And often times, people must be told common sense over and over again... and each time, to them, it is a revelation. Every story has a meaning, a message, and after a time, all the meaningful messages have been used an infinite number of times. People, however, rediscover these messages constantly. "Treat other people right", the most common one, is the easiest and most quickly forgotten. Many heartfelt tales of triumph and victory teach people the things they already know. The man in the suit must tell people what is right and wrong... but they already know. The fact of the matter is people need to be told their own common sense in order for them to have it, and it must often be told frequently. When a problem arises, many people choose to ignore it until a large group of people tell them to stop ignoring it. This in itself causes more problems, and more problems come from that as well, creating a giant clump of problems that can't be solved because everyone is blind, deaf and ignorant to what should be common sense. The downfall of humanity is not nuclear war, not the sun blowing up, not global warming... the downfall of humanity is humanity being too stupid to realize just how real these problems are. One person, one man, somewhere was able to break free of this stupidity and ignorance... and was able to be the most intelligent man on earth for a day. The day that the world ended. This is a story of that man, and of that twenty-four hour period of time in which mankind accomplished more things than they had ever accomplished before. This is not a story of saving the world, or triumph... but a story of revelation, and a story of how real things can be, even in a story.
rawrshop    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Your Creations