digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Ehee hee hee! Taking Recent Events into Account...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Introductions and I'm Backs
Ehee hee heere we go!
Spooky Speedster

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:49 pm   Reply with quote

Ehee hee hee! Recently, the departure of members has risen tenfold, most of which have no significant reason of plausible cause behind them. Many members are leaving due to emotional problems that aren't genuine reasons to leave, as most of these cases will wear off in a matter of hours. Everyone is making hasty judgements and crucial decisions when they are in an inappropriate state, making them do things that they will regret later. Another point to address is that members are now leaving due to others departing. Don't do this, you're only going to cause more pain throughout the forum as the losses pile up with, in turn, will probably cause another member to leave and so, the cycle ensues.

If you're going to leave, don't post topics asking the community if they want you to leave, as you will rarely get any genuine answers as people may want to do so as a joke and then, you take it the wrong way, and think everyone hates you. If you want to leave, then leave, but unless you have a very consequential reason not to return, then don't completely sever yourself forever. You may want to come back, but feel that the members will not accept you back into the community for what you did. The same goes for people who leave because one person insults them and then beleives that the entire forum is against them. This is never true.

Don't take the Internet so seriously, either. Nothing a person over the internet says should bother you. All you need to do is ignore them as it's not like a situation where you are going have to be in the same topic as that member. If someone says something nasty to you, most of the time, it's a joke. If someone flames you, alright, they flamed you, do you really need to stoop to their level and get a strike from arguing in a flame war? There is no point to play their immature little game, ignore them, get on with your life. Simple.

Now, I'm gonig to go slightly off-topic here, but it still is a matter of concern. The Popple situation, a progressing matter that needs to put to rest.

- It isn't up to the public to determine the fate of Popple's position, nor is it your concern whether you believe that he is not liable for moderation. That responsibilty lies with Francis alone. As far as I have seen, Popple, is just a strict moderator with a very authoratitive attitude, which is exactly what we need in Digibutter to stop the spam from completely overflowing and corrupting the entire forum. There always has to be at least one member of the staff that dishes out punishment and retains order among the civillians. Popple is not just some heartless "Power Abusing" moderator, he's just a moderator who believes that the old-fashioned way is better. -

Now, many people will contradict me in saying that he wreaked havoc on RPOT by introducing a new rule out of the blue. In fact, it was your fault if you were not prepared for it, as he specified very clearly that he was going to take action to prevent spam which was thriving at that time, and make it a place of casual Rping without the essentiality of the RP regulations. Back then, you may have though of it has a horrible crime and that it was unnecessary. Look at RPOT now. I bet that if Popple has never introduced that rule, RPOT would become a barren wasteland clogged with spam. Sometimes, intervention is needed to ensure the better for a forum.

The whole Seesaws thing, was majorly blown out of proportion by what I have heard of it, and what is the truth. Again, it is the matter of a bunch of members taking the internet far too seriosuly and going overkill about a few cases of being called "emo". Now, anyone who could take that seriously, coming from an RP Alt with a freaky, Capitalised name needs a severe wake up call and stop being so sensitive. Lord Bowser and Bowser Jr have flamed everyone, dubbing them morons and losers. Did you ever get this intense about them? Even though they did it on a daily-basis? No, in fact, a lot of your liked how they insulted everyone even to points of worshipping them!

If you have a low attention span, check below:

Don't take the internet so seriously.

That summarises rather well, but less effectively. *Flies Off in Launch Star*

Last edited by Spooky Speedster on Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Spooky Festivities    
YagamiMirror
Vampire

HP: 95 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:51 pm   Reply with quote

I agree with you 100%

But why is this in introductions if no one is leaving?

Last edited by YagamiMirror on Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Andy's Shack    
Ehee hee heere we go!
Spooky Speedster

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:52 pm   Reply with quote

YagamiMirror wrote:
You have a really good point there. And that last sentence summed a lot of it up.

Wait, but why is this inn introductions if nobody is leaving?

Ehee hee hee! The majority of it concerns the recent departures.

Last edited by Spooky Speedster on Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Spooky Festivities    
squirps
Super Saturos
Vampire

HP: 95 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:06 pm   Reply with quote

I was ready to post farewell but I did'nt have to so thats great and you're right!
Golden Mart    
Para

HP: 99 MP: 6 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:05 pm   Reply with quote

That's the most sense I've heard in a long time.

Goomba
Vampire

HP: 95 MP: 1 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:14 pm   Reply with quote

Dark Paratroopa wrote:
That's the most sense I've heard in a long time.
Agreed.

This is a great wake-up call for all of digibutter, if i have enough money, I may use the spotlight on this.
Goomba's Goombalicious Goods    
Kero Neko
Greenlight

HP: 100 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:25 pm   Reply with quote

Yes, I've heard this said before. The sad thing is, no one ever seems to listen to it. No matter how much someone knows not to take the web seriously, they'll still get insulted, or something at the slightest thing. It can be from a simple insult from someone like LB, or what someone thinks to be unfairness from someone in charge. I don't even think it's possible for some people to realize this. The members leaving recently is an example. Anyone who leaves knows not to take the interwebz seriosly, but they still do! An arguement with another person can lead to feeling sorry for yourself or other stuff, then something else will happen and the people will take it too seriously. Everyone takes something too seriously sometimes. Hell, even off the webz. Some people just may be a bit to emotional for the internet. I'm not saying any digibutt member is, but you know it's true.
Greenlight Global Goods    
Goomba
Vampire

HP: 95 MP: 1 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:27 pm   Reply with quote

Those who answered the spotlight, look at the first post. Very Important.

Thanks!
Actions
Searchlight was used on this post.
Goomba's Goombalicious Goods    
Hellza Ballza
Goron Mask
Dead
Dead

HP: 0 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:29 pm   Reply with quote

I agree with all this text.
Some store that sells shit    
MsDevin92

HP: 95 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:29 pm   Reply with quote

I was just taking a cooloff break for a while, but you do have a point...
MsDevin92's Bazaar    
abdcefg
Mama Luigi
Vampire

HP: 5 MP: 9 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:30 pm   Reply with quote

Yes.
This shop is full of variety    
TooManyToasters
Paper_Waluigi

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:00 pm   Reply with quote

I read the shortened version, and I agree 100%.
asdf    
Paper Peach

HP: 14 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:21 pm   Reply with quote

Nicely said :3 I agree, There really isn't a need to leave unless you really have to. If your having RL problems or something that's ok (poor Francine).
Paper Peach's Shop    
Yellow Magikoopa
Vampire

HP: 100 MP: 4 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:32 pm   Reply with quote

I agree.
Pipe Land Goods    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Introductions and I'm Backs