digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Swarm 1: Escape From Omega V
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Role-Play
I don't have a title.
Gold Prognosticus

HP: 100 MP: 1 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 2:24 pm   Reply with quote

So this is my old metroid universe (sorta) RP from a big forum I used to go to. It's pretty short but was a big hit the first time round so I thought i'd try it here.

Introduction:
The planet Omega V. Situated on the very edge of Federation space - and even close to the edge of the galaxy itself - this planet has been known as a peaceful world.

Until now.

5 days ago, millions of unknown aliens descended upon the planet, slaughtering most of the inhabitents there. Militant groups fought back, but the sheer number of the aliens caused the defences to fail. Just this morning, desperate to hold back the tide, the world leaders activated the planets self-destruct facilities, with a 24 hour countdown. This should destroy the aliens - named Swarmlings by the few survivors - and prevent them from threatening the galaxy.

Only a handful of survivors remain. Aided by the bounty hunter known as Hunter X, they intend to escape by means of a ship still docked at an abandoned military outpost. The Swarmlings are hot on their heels, however, and escape will not be certain.

Omega V has 24 hours to live - can you escape?

Character Sheet:
Name: Hunter X
Species: Human
Weapons: Mk 4 Energy Rifle
Backstory: Although his origins are unknown, Hunter X has a habit of always showing up in desperate situations. He is respected by the Federation as a fearsome bounty hunter.

Map:

We can start as soon as we have a few people!

*looks back at what he has left of the previous version of the RP*
Yes, this looks like it may be pretty short, but that made little difference in the other version, so here goes...

Last edited by Gold Prognosticus on Sat May 10, 2008 5:15 am; edited 3 times in total
Gold Prognosticus' Golden Shop    
hai
Spiny

HP: 100 MP: 6 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 2:32 pm   Reply with quote

Name: Project 201
Codename:Gamma

Species: Robot

Weapons: Sheer strength,and a gun with slight homing capabilites

Backstory: Using the remains of a strange robot discovered on a rotting airship, Project 201 was created to assist in the mission to Omega V.
It prefers to be refered to as just Gamma for a reason not even the scientists who assembled him can figure out.
Nevertheless,it was sent to fufill it's mission.

I will thwap you across the head if you don't get this.
Gemstone Goods    
I don't have a title.
Gold Prognosticus

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 10:43 am   Reply with quote

Informer wrote:
Name: Project 201

Species: Robot

Weapons: Sheer strength,and a gun with slight homing capabilites

Backstory: Using the remains of a strange robot discovered on a rotting airship, Project 201 was created to assist in the mission to Omega V.
It prefers to be refered to as just Gamma for a reason not even the scientists who assembled him can figure out.
Nevertheless,it was sent to fufill it's mission.

I will thwap you across the head if you don't get this.

*gets thwapped*
hai
Spiny

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 10:48 am   Reply with quote

201=102
Gemstone Goods    
I don't have a title.
Gold Prognosticus

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 10:56 am   Reply with quote

Informer wrote:
201=102

*googles*

...oh, I get it now.

Any other signups?
I don't have a title.
Gold Prognosticus

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 1:44 pm   Reply with quote

Searchlight'd.

Update: I've added the map.
Actions
Searchlight was used on this post.
DarkBlueAce
Louis

HP: 99 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 6:00 pm   Reply with quote

I'll join.

Name: Antonio
Appearance: Black & white shoes, darkblue pants, black shirt, slight tan, darkbrown hair & blue eyes.
Weapons: Shotgun, hunting rifle (both strapped to back), pistol (in a holster on his right), and a knife. (hidden)
Strengths: Skilled in fire-arms and close combat. Adept at anything physical. (Running, fighting, ect.)
Weaknesses: Pretty much an above average cop.
DarkBlueAce's Shop    
Bartz Klauser
BAMFing ARCHER
Werewolf

HP: 100 MP: 5 Lives: 4

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 10:39 pm   Reply with quote

I'm bored, so I'll join. I want RP to be revived.

Name: Aaron
Appearance: Exactly like my avvie, but with acarbine strapped to his back.
Weapons: Carbine (two handed, takes a while to set up. Can be attached to his metal arm), twin pistols (emergency use), metal gauntlets with an electrical circuit in them. Also has a metal arm for his right arm.
Strengths: An adept mercenary at the field. Metal arm is made out of a fairly strong but lightweight titanium alloy. His arm can attach his carbine for mobile attacks.
Weaknesses: A fairly slow mercenary. As well, his metal arm is magnetic, which can be a trouble whenever magnetic fields are lifted. As well, when using his arm as a carbine, he is center of gravity is his elbow joint.
The Town of Lix    
DarkBlueAce
Louis

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 11:32 pm   Reply with quote

How many people do we need for this?
DarkBlueAce's Shop    
Gold Prognosticus
Hunter X

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 7:19 am   Reply with quote

ooc: Let's do this. People are still free to sign up though!

The ground shook as another pod hit the ground about 30 metres away. Splitting open, hundreds of vicious aliens poured out of it, and headed instantly toward the survivors.

Hunter X opened fire on the aliens, but for every one that fell another ten took its place.

"Move back," he shouted to the other survivors. "Get inside the building!" The few survivors from the initial alien assault hurredly scrambled inside the building. Hunter X lobbed an energy grenade into the aliens' midst before dashing inside himself.

"Get a barricade up," he ordered. "Make sure none can get in."

The first break from the fighting in quite a while, Hunter X checked the timer in his HUD. 22 hours before 10000 strategicly placed nuclear bombs simultaniously detonated across Omega V's surface.

22 hours until the end of the world.

Hunter X began to order the survivors to start moving through the base but he stopped as he saw how tired they were. Each of them had probably killed hundreds of the aliens in the last few hours, so he allowed them to rest for a while. They would need their strength if they were going to survive.
Bartz Klauser
BAMFing ARCHER
Werewolf

HP: 100 MP: 5 Lives: 4

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 4:39 pm   Reply with quote

Aaron pulled out his carbine from behind him and attached it onto his arm. He fell over, and got up, regaining his balance. He pulled out a grenade he had stashed and readied himself for when they would move out.
The Town of Lix    
DarkBlueAce
Louis

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 5:19 pm   Reply with quote

DarkBlueAce reloaded his hunting rifle, aimed through a small opening above the baracade, and picked off the ones that got close.

"I hope there's a place where I can pick up some more ammo. I'm almost out for my rifle. Where are we anyway?"
DarkBlueAce's Shop    
hai
Spiny

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 5:26 pm   Reply with quote

Project: Gamma watched over the survivors,incase the aliens breeched the defense.
Gemstone Goods    
Gold Prognosticus
Hunter X

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 7:28 am   Reply with quote

In response to DarkBlueAce's question, Hunter X said "This is outpost seventeen. It was abandoned by the local military when the aliens attacked. On the top floor there is a ship, big enough for all of us to escape. On the first floor is a weapons cache - we might be able to find something there that can kill these aliens a bit faster."

Hunter X checked his map - there were several rooms on each of the three floors. They could set up more barricades on the way to the ship.

After attaching 6 energy grenades and setting the timer to 3 minutes, Hunter X moved back towards the next room. "That should kill a few of them, but they'll get inside. Let's get going."
hai
Spiny

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 9:11 am   Reply with quote

"Afirmative." droned the robot as he preformed the action with little to no delay.
Gemstone Goods    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Role-Play