digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Bitland, Bits and Bytes: Aura Crystal Quest [Real Rp]
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Role-Play
Token Nazi?
Zelnor

HP: 10 MP: 7 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:50 am   Reply with quote

It was a rainy day. I had come home from school a little late, had done my homework after some tasty lunch and now wanted to log on to DigiButter. I had joined that vast experimental MMORPG about a year ago and had helped build it. I wasn't mod, but a regular player.

When I logged on, I noticed something odd. The camera interface that normally showed some angles of the digital environment were all put to static. Shrugging, I entered my password and hit O.K.

The screen went black.
Twilit Mall: Zelnor Mart    
DarkBlueAce
Louis

HP: 99 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:45 pm   Reply with quote

It was Summer where DarkBlueAce was and being 17 he was currently enjoying Summer Vacation. He had just got home from the store and began installing DigiButter.
DarkBlueAce's Shop    
Bartz Klauser
BAMFing ARCHER
Werewolf

HP: 100 MP: 5 Lives: 4

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:04 pm   Reply with quote

Glenn, aka Gil, slammed the door to his room and turned his computer on. That new MMORPG he started was turning out pretty good. He spun on his chair, waiting for his computer to load.
The Town of Lix    
Token Nazi?
Zelnor

HP: 10 MP: 7 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:28 am   Reply with quote

"Okay, WTF ?" I mused.
I typed >Remove blindfold, for the event somebody had pranked my character whilst I was offline.

I was not wearing one.

I looked closer at the screen. My HP and MP counters, skill- and toolbar were still there. I opened my inventory.

"WHAT THE - ?"

All my items were gone, and when I looked at my equipment it was the same - I had been reduced to beginner's armor and staff.
"No... my advanced spells are gone, too. And my skill points...
WHY, INTERNET, WHY ?"

I requipped my basic spells and then, looking for something to do, casted "Light Sphere" Lvl1.

I was not prepared to see what I did.
Twilit Mall: Zelnor Mart    
Tails Doll

HP: 100 MP: 3 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:37 am   Reply with quote

I took a look at my computer screen. After a fast startup, and a webpage opening, I logged on to MMORPG Expiriment. I with a few others I know were among the first to join, around maybe a year or two ago. But, instead of seeing the organized front page with the updates and whatnot, I got a blank screen. Somebody either used a blinder or super-blinded me.

I input C/ITEM/USE/MAGICEYEDROPS

I wasn't actually super-blinded, so nothing happened. Crap. I checked the inventory instead, since it was there with the rest of my status menu. My jaw dropped.

"...Oh crap."

All of my items were gone, and my weapons and armor were all they way back to day one...The awesome warrior skills I had also saw better days, and the skill points were 0. That was the hardest hitter. I only had 150 GP. The starting amount of a normal account.

"At least I have Attack Up, to prepare for the random encounters."

I tried to use it on my maxed out health that wasn't very high then. The results were unexpected, to say, the very least.

Last edited by Tails Doll on Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Hell    
Parabuzzy Queen
Macha

HP: 10 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:57 am   Reply with quote

I had actually been online when it happened. No error messages, no nothing--just a blank screen staring me in the face. I groaned, checking the power strip. Everything was plugged in, as far as I could tell. Checked the computer itself, but it seemed to be working.

"Ahh, shit," I moaned, hitting command-S. I'd been level-grinding since 2 AM, and I wasn't gonna lose my advantage now. And then, in very small, green letters: saving...

Well, it worked. But when I went to check my inventory...

"HOLY *crag* ON A TRAPEZE WHAT GIVES?"

I tried to PM something along those lines to a few of my friends, hoping one of them would know.
Buzzy Mart    
augh!
Piccolo the Pixl

HP: 44 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:05 am   Reply with quote

It was a bad day at school today, so I came home feeling disappointed in myself. I figured it wouldn't be all bad, so I decided to do something that would cheer me up.

I went up into my room, turned on my computer, and started to load up DigiButter. When I logged on, I got a black screen. I figured it was just a server problem until I noticed I could still see my status bar. I tested to see if the game had crashed by opening my equipment and inventory screens. All my items were missing, and my equipment was back to beginner's stuff!

I let out an aggravated sigh, hoping this was just some evil joke from the creators of the game, I tried to see if I could get the black screen away. I wasn't in the mood for anything like this after today.
Piccolo's Goods    
Tails Doll

HP: 100 MP: 3 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:08 am   Reply with quote

After putting up with my lack of abilities, I got a PM. Was everybody hacked like this?

I saw the personal message. It was Sonora. I replied to her, stating that the place must have finally been hacked. I decided to give all the rest of my friends, old and new, a message about what was going on. This wasn't a good day for my favorite MMORPG.
Hell    
DarkBlueAce
Louis

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:05 am   Reply with quote

After the installation was finally complete, DarkBlueAce created his account. He started up the game, only to have to wait for all the patches to install.
DarkBlueAce's Shop    
Parabuzzy Queen
Macha

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:23 am   Reply with quote

I PMed Sandslash back.

"And I'd just gotten my hands on a Calling Gun, too... Sonuvacragnon, I'm going to kill somebody. D:"

Then, having no better way of investigating, I bumped around in the dark for a little while. Noticing a spark in the distance, I decided to aim for that. It was probably some kind of mage. I sent a message at it, curious.

"Hey, you know what's going on here?"

And then:

"...How I shot Light Sphere?"
Buzzy Mart    
augh!
Piccolo the Pixl

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:29 am   Reply with quote

Meanwhile, I was very frustrated, banging my head on my desk in annoyance. Then I noticed I got a PM from Sonora. I decided to message her back:

"The game is screwing up for you too? What do you think could be going on? D:

I was doing so well too..."
Piccolo's Goods    
DarkBlueAce
Louis

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:35 am   Reply with quote

DarkBlueAce had installed all the patches and was ready to play. He started up DigiButter and got to the login screen. He typed in his username and password and then proceeded to create his character.
DarkBlueAce's Shop    
Parabuzzy Queen
Macha

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:02 pm   Reply with quote

Piccolo the Pixl wrote:
Meanwhile, I was very frustrated, banging my head on my desk in annoyance. Then I noticed I got a PM from Sonora. I decided to message her back:

"The game is screwing up for you too? What do you think could be going on? D:

I was doing so well too..."
"Sandslash says he thinks we got haxed.

I hope not. D:

Hey, got a light source on ya? The spell Light Sphere seems to help with the darkness, at least, so..."
Buzzy Mart    
augh!
Piccolo the Pixl

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:06 pm   Reply with quote

"No, my items were wiped, and Dancers don't have any skills that do that. I'm stuck in this stupid darkness D:

And a hacker? That SUCKS! We'll have to get everything back again! D:"
Piccolo's Goods    
Parabuzzy Queen
Macha

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:12 pm   Reply with quote

"I know, right. D:

...Well, I'm gonna try to talk to this mage... He's got a light source, at any rate.

'Luck, Shana. D:"

Last edited by Macha on Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Buzzy Mart    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Role-Play