digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Dimentio...
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Super Paper Mario
Master of Puppets...
The Chaos Heart

HP: 100 MP: 6 Lives: 22

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:16 pm   Reply with quote

There are some mysteries around Dimentio, like, where did he come from, and how does he know what is written in the DP? I thought up some answers and I want to know what you guys think.

If Count Bleck is the only person who reads the Dark Prognosticus, and keeps it with him at all times, how does Dimentio know it is written that Luigi is the ideal host for the Chaos Heart? My answer is that he was actually a member of the tribe of Drakness and is the actuall author of the Dark Prognosticus. Think about it. He is 500 years old, the same time that the DP was written...I think. This would also explain how he was able to come to count bleck all on his own. Noboby but the ancients and the tribe of darkness can use the dimensional flipping technique, except for mario because he was taught it. So that SHOULD make it that only Count Bleck, Merlon, Merlee, Merluvlee, Bestovious, and Mario can use said tecnique. However, Diemtnio can use this tecnique as well. Also, if he was a member of the tribe of Darkness, this could explain how Tippi knew him from somewhere. It is possible that if he were a member of the tribe of darkness, Tippi would have seen him mabey on her way to visit with Count Bleck. It is also shrouded for only an instant that Dimentio may have had some connection with Count Blecks father. In one of the cut scenes, Dimentio asks Count Bleck if he knows thename, Blumiere *I probably spelt it wrong*, and then staes that Tippi said the name. However, he is never around when tippi ever thinks or says the name Blumiere. Perhaps Dimentio was called upon Blumiere's father to use some sort of magic to banish Timpani. This would also explain why Tippi said that she knew Dimentio from somewhere, and how he knew Blumiere's name without ever hearing it throughout the course of the game. He also stated that the pixil butterfly said Blumiere to feed on Count Blecks emotions, causing him to feel weak. But, how would he know about Count Bleck and Tippi, when the only people that knew about them was Count Bleck himself, Tippi, and Nastasia? This is just some thouhts I put together when I was bored, tell me what you think.

And if you could answer a question for me, How do you say Dimentio's name. Do you say it, Dimentio, or, Dimenchio. Which way?!
Dimension C    
The Transfigured Buizel
Champiness

HP: 10 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:20 pm   Reply with quote

Despite some spelling and grammar issues, all good theories. And the clever wordplay doesn't work unless you pronounce it Dimentio.
Mimiga Village    
Super ShadowArticuno

HP: 99 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:21 pm   Reply with quote

This is interesting...

I pronounce his name "dee-men-tee-oh", but I sometimes pronounce it "die-men-she-oh".
A Bucket of Stuff    
Shyguy
Tek

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:26 pm   Reply with quote

You just blew my mind... It probably was Dimentio who banished Timpani... Probably the same way he sent Mario and Co. to the Underwhere...
The Repair Shop    

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:28 pm   Reply with quote

Hmm. All clever theories. It does make sense and it would explain why Dimentio went to Count Bleck at first, wanting to help with the prophecy. There has been speculations that he was in fact the author of the Dark Prognosticus. I'd believe it.

And I pronounce Dimentio, "Dee-men-shee-o."

Master of Puppets...
The Chaos Heart

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:18 pm   Reply with quote

...bump.
Dimension C    
Yellow Magikoopa
Vampire

HP: 100 MP: 4 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:35 pm   Reply with quote

Actually, Mimi flips, too.

I say it, duh-men-chee-oh.
Pipe Land Goods    
The Transfigured Buizel
Champiness

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:37 pm   Reply with quote

Yellow Magikoopa wrote:
Actually, Mimi flips, too.

Well, Mimi doesn't count. Maybe she copied Mario just enough to get his Flip Powers, and then used it in battle.
Mimiga Village    
Master of Puppets...
The Chaos Heart

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:38 pm   Reply with quote

Yes but she was found by Count Bleck, as was O' Chunks and Nastasia. He probably taught them. The fact is that Dimentio had to USE the dimensional flip thingy to find Count Bleck in the first place.
Dimension C    
Yellow Magikoopa
Vampire

HP: 100 MP: 4 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:38 pm   Reply with quote

Yeah, you have a point there.
Pipe Land Goods    
Parabuzzy Queen
Macha

HP: 10 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:23 pm   Reply with quote

Intriguing, intriguing...

Has anyone else read the SPM fanfic Flipflop? It gives a pretty good explanation.
Buzzy Mart    
cool
Lord Bob
Vampire

HP: 61 MP: 8 Lives: 5

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:24 pm   Reply with quote

But, I blelieve when Tippi was talking about the familiar person, I think it was Bleck she was referring to.
NON BANNER    
Master of Puppets...
The Chaos Heart

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:40 pm   Reply with quote

No. When you meet Fracktail, and Dimentio appears, she says something like, "I think I know you," or something of the sort.
Dimension C    
Richest user. :D
Super Ultimario

HP: 100 MP: 4 Lives: 6

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:45 pm   Reply with quote

The Chaos Heart wrote:
No. When you meet Fracktail, and Dimentio appears, she says something like, "I think I know you," or something of the sort.

I believe the direct quote was "You're that-", or something. I'm not 100% sure.
Ultimario Mart!    
The Transfigured Buizel
Champiness

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:14 pm   Reply with quote

Parabuzzy Queen wrote:
Intriguing, intriguing...

Has anyone else read the SPM fanfic Flipflop? It gives a pretty good explanation.

Could you post a link to the story? I tried googling it and couldn't find it.
Mimiga Village    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Super Paper Mario