digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Whoa, the DSi may be great,
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Gaming News & Reviews
~A color is just a color~
Frozenwinters

HP: 1 MP: 0 Lives: 4

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:29 pm   Reply with quote

The photo editting actually looks pretty sweet. I wonder if this will cost different prices for better picture quality cameras (if they do release more than one camera dsi thingies)...
The Carmadox Party    
OH GOD
Manpersonguything
Werewolf

HP: 100 MP: 8 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:30 pm   Reply with quote

Oh, hey look, theres over 20 new features and we bitch about 1 thing that isn't that big of a deal because it just makes it less convenient. Get a GBA.
TWEWY Pins    
darkzero
Rusty Shackleford
Vampire

HP: 1 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:18 pm   Reply with quote

Geno wrote:
I don't really care about the GBA slot, cuz I have a GBA SP and a Micro, so I'm covered there.

The thing I'm wondering is what the hell do you mean by DSi specific games? I mean really, it has the same graphical capabilities, so it's not like it can run anything better than DS games as they are now.
DSi has slightly updated specs compared to the DS. °Д° ◉_◉ ʘﮯʘ
darkzero's Bargain shop    
Poyo!
Kirby

HP: 99 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:21 pm   Reply with quote

Huh, that video actually made it look kinda nifty. The GBA slot though...it isn't a very big problem since I didn't use it very often, but what about games like Guitar Hero, or Warioware: Touched!, where you can unlock that little Mona Pizza thingy with Twisted? And why exactly don't they just make a whole new handheld instead of rereleasing the same one AGAIN with some random stuff thrown in and a higher price?
Still, cameras, music-playing, some type of a cartoon creator, and DSiware are kind of cool, I suppose...
Kirby-Mart    
Bartz Klauser
BAMFing ARCHER
Werewolf

HP: 100 MP: 5 Lives: 4

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:48 pm   Reply with quote

Meh, I can trust the homebrew community to be able to make DSi firmwares that let you play ports from other consoles and stuff.

Guys, this is pretty much a DS with in-built R4 functionality, when you think about it. I'd get it. Besides, I'd much rather have 4 or 5 GBA games on-hand compared to one or two.
The Town of Lix    
The Axolotl Sympathist
Geno
Werewolf

HP: 100 MP: 4 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:47 am   Reply with quote

Crackbone wrote:
Geno wrote:
I don't really care about the GBA slot, cuz I have a GBA SP and a Micro, so I'm covered there.

The thing I'm wondering is what the hell do you mean by DSi specific games? I mean really, it has the same graphical capabilities, so it's not like it can run anything better than DS games as they are now.
What features allow it to play specific games that the original or Lite couldn't? I mean sure the screens are slightly larger, but that means nothing.
Geno's Tree    
oar
Super Maiq the Liar

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:16 am   Reply with quote

Sex wrote:
Crackbone wrote:
Geno wrote:

What features allow it to play specific games that the original or Lite couldn't? I mean sure the screens are slightly larger, but that means nothing.

Imagine: Babiez Photo Boothz.
Tamriellic Titles    
The Axolotl Sympathist
Geno
Werewolf

HP: 100 MP: 4 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:18 am   Reply with quote

Maiq the Liar wrote:
Sex wrote:
Crackbone wrote:
Geno wrote:

*crag*
Geno's Tree    
YoshiAngemon
Sammer Guy Pizza Cat

HP: 100 MP: 8 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:51 am   Reply with quote

I can see one thing that can happen, and work, while they're at it! The Chaotic CCG! You could use the Nintendo DSi as an actual Scanner, and enter the cards' alphanumeric codes into the database, to improve the stats of the Chaotic creatures, and the Drome battles can work like a combination of Metroid Prime Hunters and Archon.

ChaosStar
Super Scourge
Vampire

HP: 100 MP: 9 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:37 pm   Reply with quote

Yay, now I can get homebrew for also the DS.
Ehhm.... Will it be released in europe?

BTW, don't ask me for a homebrew tutorial. Find it on the internet. It's illegal!

darkzero
Rusty Shackleford
Vampire

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:20 pm   Reply with quote

Maiq the Liar wrote:
Sex wrote:
Crackbone wrote:
Geno wrote:

Stop being a faggot. °Д° ◉_◉ ʘﮯʘ
darkzero's Bargain shop    
oar
Super Maiq the Liar

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:49 pm   Reply with quote

Crackbone wrote:
Maiq the Liar wrote:
Sex wrote:
Crackbone wrote:
Geno wrote:

It's probably the truth. Think about what the crap kind of impact a camera could possibly have for ANY good game past putting your face in it.
Tamriellic Titles    
darkzero
Rusty Shackleford
Vampire

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:50 pm   Reply with quote

Maiq the Liar wrote:
Crackbone wrote:
Maiq the Liar wrote:
Sex wrote:
Crackbone wrote:
Geno wrote:

It's probably the truth. Think about what the crap kind of impact a camera could possibly have for ANY good game past putting your face in it.
lern2beoptimistic pls °Д° ◉_◉ ʘﮯʘ
darkzero's Bargain shop    
oar
Super Maiq the Liar

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:03 pm   Reply with quote

Crackbone wrote:
Maiq the Liar wrote:
Crackbone wrote:
Maiq the Liar wrote:
Sex wrote:
Crackbone wrote:
Geno wrote:

lern2beoptimistic pls °Д° ◉_◉ ʘﮯʘ
M'aiq lost the ability to be optimistic for Nintendo at E3'08, sorry.
Tamriellic Titles    
Elzilcho
ohclizlE
Burning Vampire

HP: 94 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:06 pm   Reply with quote

I'm sorry Ninty, it'll take more than a few gimmicks to make me dish out some more cash.
Z.I.L.C.H.    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Gaming News & Reviews