digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

How to make a Nico Nico Douga Account [56k]
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Hi-Technical Support
Sync
MALAK

HP: 10 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:38 pm   Reply with quote

Hey guys. I'm sure many of you have been trying to get a Nico Nico Douga account because you've either

1) Heard about all the strange content in it

Or

2) Occasionaly find a video transferred to Youtube from NND, and want to see the real thing

However, since it's in Japanese, it's pretty hard to navigate to the registration page, and if you do somehow get in there, actually registering is a pain since everything is in Japanese. Well, look no further, for I have made a guide on how to make an account on Nico Nico Douga.

First off, let me answer this question. Many of you may wonder; What is Nico Nico Douga? Well, Nico Nico Douga (Smiley Videos) is like a Japanese Youtube. Users can upload, view and share video clips. Unlike other video sharing sites, however, comments are overlaid directly onto the video, synced to a specific playback time. This allows comments to respond directly to events occurring in the video, in sync with the viewer - creating a sense of a shared watching experience. Nico Nico Douga's atmosphere is close to 2channel's or Futaba Channel's, and many popular videos have otaku tastes, such as anime, computer game and pop music. Other features include Tags, High Quality Video Uploads, Organized Bookmarks, a Comment Feature (Like Youtube), and Nicoscript (Think advanced annotations).

*This is a Wikipedia copasta. I in no way take credit for it (Besides a few edits).

Now, onto the guide.

HOW TO MAKE A NICO NICO DOUGA ACCOUNT

1) Go on Nico Nico Douga (Google it).

2) This page should be the first thing you see;

Now then, look at the top right corner. There should be a bright red button.

Click on that button.

3) You should be redirected to a page that looks like the image below. Follow the translated directions on said image.

After that, press the button highlighted red.

4) Now after you finished, you will be redirected to a page that looks just like the image below. Scroll down to the bottom and follow the instructions.

Once you finish, click the button highlighted red.

5) Once you click the button, you will arrive to a page just like this;

It basically says that a confirmation e-mail has been sent to you and you must activate your account. So go check your inbox in your e-mail account.

6) I use google, so I go to my G-Mail account. Oh, I found the message. Let's open it now, shall we?

Click the highlighted link, as I stated. You should be redirected to a page just like this...

This basically says your account is activated. Congrats, you now have a Nico Nico Douga account!

-------------------------------------------------------

If you are having trouble in this process, feel free to post your questions in this topic. Maybe I can help you out. ^^

Last edited by MALAK on Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hammerspace    
RaveRaze
Mana7
Dead
Dead

HP: 0 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:56 pm   Reply with quote

I keep getting

パスワードの文字数は8~16文字以内(半角英数記号)でお願いします。

I think it might be for a password which im gonna check right now becuase i hadnt thought of that when I started my post

Yeah it was
Choco's    
Sync
MALAK

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:01 pm   Reply with quote

Chocobo wrote:
I keep getting

パスワードの文字数は8~16文字以内(半角英数記号)でお願いします。

I think it might be for a password which im gonna check right now becuase i hadnt thought of that when I started my post

Yeah it was
That's telling you that your password is too short, but apparently, you fixed it, so OK then.
Hammerspace    
RaveRaze
Mana7
Dead
Dead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:03 pm   Reply with quote

It wont let me log on either. I type in my password and Username but nothing happens
Choco's    
Hellza Ballza
Goron Mask
Dead
Dead

HP: 0 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:04 pm   Reply with quote

Wow MALAK that really helped out alot, thanks. But what the hell do I do after that?!? D:
Some store that sells shit    
Sync
MALAK

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:10 pm   Reply with quote

Sloopy King Zant wrote:
Wow MALAK that really helped out alot, thanks. But what the hell do I do after that?!? D:
...watch videos? If you want something specific, use a common translator and shove the results in the search bar, and click "search".

@Chocobo: Strange. You activated your account, right?
Hammerspace    
RaveRaze
Mana7
Dead
Dead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:19 pm   Reply with quote

Yeah but im gonna check to see if everything got typed in right

Yeah i made a new account the names Chocobos
Choco's    
Sync
MALAK

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:23 pm   Reply with quote

I have fixed a few typos, and added a note on the third image.
Hammerspace    
Sync
MALAK

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:13 pm   Reply with quote

Bump.
Hammerspace    
Sync
MALAK

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:32 pm   Reply with quote

Do you guys mind if I bump this? If you do, just send me a PM and i'll delete my post. :/
Hammerspace    
~A color is just a color~
Frozenwinters

HP: 1 MP: 0 Lives: 4

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:47 pm   Reply with quote

This helped me make an account. :) I found some weird video with Emiri in it. >.>
The Carmadox Party    
Addicted to linebreaks
Plastic Mario
Vampire

HP: 94 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:49 pm   Reply with quote

Holy carp, thanks. I've been hoping I wouldn't have to get reeeally far in Japanese class before I could manage to get an account thar.

Miku heaven, yes~
Fiberglass World    
Wacko McGoose
Launching Star
Jailed
Jailed

HP: 10 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:11 pm   Reply with quote

Thanks for the help. Google Translate won't work on secure or HTTPS pages, and in my Japanese class, we're only up to hiragana. Most of that Account-Registration page was in kanji O_O

For some reason, you have to have an account to watch a video. The first one I decided to watch was this: *tries the [video] tag to see if it works*
[video]http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm1521706[/video]
Nope, incompatible.
I saw the YouTube version, so I thought the original would be even better. When it started, I had a WTF moment: Lines of text scrolling across the video, pretty much obscuring what I was trying to watch.
Wacko's BURNINATED Gag Shop    
(:
Tayl

HP: 98 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:33 pm   Reply with quote

I almost forgot about this topic. I've been wanting to make a NND account for a while. You know, ever since I heard of the wondrous Puyo Puyo videos that lurk there. Shifty

-signs up-
~The Shop with Stuff~    
that confounded bridge
Abstract
Vampire

HP: 82 MP: 10 Lives: 3

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:17 am   Reply with quote

*Signed up*

The weeaboo concentrations on Nico Nico are appalling.

Also, if you set the site to Spanish, a few parts of the site will actually be in English, such as videos.
some shop lol    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Hi-Technical Support