digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

FRANCIS BRING BACK USERGROUPS DAMMIT

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Feedback
Richest user. :D
Super Ultimario

HP: 100 MP: 4 Lives: 6

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:33 pm   Reply with quote

Why did you remove usergroups in the first place? Because they got inactive, few people cared about them, and there were never any wars. However, if we can figure ways to make them active and exciting, then we should bring them back.

Here's my ideas on how:

1. Have some history and such behind each usergroup. It doesn't have to be very long or detailed, but it can't be something like "We're evil lol". Basicallly, it should list history behind it, reason the group was formed, its motives/goals, what other usergroups it hates/likes, etc. Something like this:

"K.O.O.P.A."- Formed and led by Lord Bowser, this is an organization which plans to take over the site and to destroy M.A.R.I.O. Has strong hatred of M.A.R.I.O. and will only work with them in times of desperation. Also dislikes X.N.A.U.T, but not as much as M.A.R.I.O. Assumes the role of evil often, cares little for things such as freedom or equality. Overconfident, does not like working with other groups often, if it does work with others it will assume a superior role and act as the leader. This group has a high amount of members.

2. Have an active, in-character leader. Usergroups need to have a motivation and feeling behind it, having a strong and motivated leader means a lot. There's a big difference between having Lord Bowser and his high confidence and charisma as a leader, and having some guy who nobody really knows that just kind of says "Go attack K.O.O.P.A. plx".

3. Have wars often. Without wars, threat of wars, and such things, usergroups grow dull and have little to talk about. To make sure wars happen often, a few usergroups have to be offensive and attack with little provocation. These should probably be evil-inclined groups like K.O.O.P.A.

4. Have prizes or treasures, and have things happen when certain groups lose or win. This could be another motivation behind wars. Having wars over Crystal Stars or other valuable items or over the destruction of the site could give a satisfying feel to victory and a real sadness to defeat.

Last edited by Super Ultimario on Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ultimario Mart!    
Chocolate Kirby
Vampire

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:25 pm   Reply with quote

supported. Sounds really fun!

Oh fuck.
Flar3 Luigi
Vampire

HP: 10 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:00 pm   Reply with quote

Support'd. Make this happen Francis D: Very Happy
Flar3's antiques of Ph1r3.    
Noble Swordsman
Meta Knight

HP: 100 MP: 4 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:52 pm   Reply with quote

THIS IS OLIMAR, AND I SUPPORT THIS MESSAGE!
The Halberd's Hold    
(:
Tayl

HP: 98 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:55 pm   Reply with quote

I DEMAND THAT T.H.I.E.F. BE MADE

Support'd. I think Usergroups would bring some life back into digibutter, not to mentions items would get more love.
~The Shop with Stuff~    
lolz
Shrowser

HP: 100 MP: 4 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:57 pm   Reply with quote

Hmm....

How about S.H.R.O.O.B.?

Geheheee...
Shrowser's Shop    
~A color is just a color~
Frozenwinters

HP: 1 MP: 0 Lives: 4

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:31 pm   Reply with quote

I think it would so much fun to have usergroups. I was never around when they were in action, but the sound chaotic and awesome, cackle. D:
The Carmadox Party    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Feedback