digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

RPOT/RP
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Feedback
jacking off
Small Sammer Guy

HP: 10 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:51 pm   Reply with quote

RPOT should be full of non serious/1-2 page of Role Plays. RP should be full of serious and actual plots that will last from start to end, and that end should be in like page 100ish.
So I'd say that if a plot in RPOT gets more than 2 pages, then a mod should move it to RP and PM the creator that if s/he intends on continuing it due to it being popular, then continue the plot in RP and make it last long.
Also, RPOT needs stricter rules and something to keep it from people not going there all the time for the whole day. You should be able to make only 1 topic a day and post 10 times a day. If you need to post more than 10 times, it should be in RP.
Baby Shop    
Hellza Ballza
Goron Mask
Dead
Dead

HP: 0 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:55 pm   Reply with quote

As unfond as I am of RPOT that sounds kinda cruel, maybe 3 topics a day/20 posts.
Some store that sells shit    
Bremmy
R. S. Buzzy

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:13 pm   Reply with quote

The things you suggested should be applied to Off Topic as well.

rpot - rp = ot
Heff T.'s Fridge    
jacking off
Small Sammer Guy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:18 pm   Reply with quote

For OT I suggest adding more rules to it and changing GD's name to Serious Discussion. Thats about it.
Baby Shop    
MsDevin92

HP: 95 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:27 pm   Reply with quote

No post limits, please. It sounds like you're trying to jail the RPers.
MsDevin92's Bazaar    
jacking off
Small Sammer Guy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:29 pm   Reply with quote

MsDevin92 wrote:

Alright, but topic limits is needed.

Now we all agree on my first idea yes?
Baby Shop    
~A color is just a color~
Frozenwinters

HP: 1 MP: 0 Lives: 4

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:32 pm   Reply with quote

MsDevin92 wrote:
It wouldn't jail you, it'd just stop you from posting anymore. Like the message you get when you post too many topics. Maybe not such a small number like 3 topics and 20 posts. But maybe 5 topics and 60 posts a day. That should apply to OT too.
The Carmadox Party    
Super ShadowArticuno

HP: 99 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:37 pm   Reply with quote

Frozenwinters wrote:
MsDevin92 wrote:
It wouldn't jail you, it'd just stop you from posting anymore. Like the message you get when you post too many topics. Maybe not such a small number like 3 topics and 20 posts. But maybe 5 topics and 60 posts a day. That should apply to OT too.
True. Anyone who isn't an RPOT addict that has a high post count is usually an OT addict. If RPOT gets restrictions, it's only fair that OT is restricted in a similar way as well.
A Bucket of Stuff    
jacking off
Small Sammer Guy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:38 pm   Reply with quote

ShadowArticuno wrote:
Frozenwinters wrote:
MsDevin92 wrote:
True. Anyone who isn't an RPOT addict that has a high post count is usually an OT addict. If RPOT gets restrictions, it's only fair that OT is restricted in a similar way as well.

I agree that both OT needs restriction, but that means people will complain lol.
Perhaps you can think of OT restrictions?
Baby Shop    
Super ShadowArticuno

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:41 pm   Reply with quote

Baby Peach wrote:
ShadowArticuno wrote:
Frozenwinters wrote:
MsDevin92 wrote:

I agree that both OT needs restriction, but that means people will complain lol.
5 topics and 60 posts, like Frozen's RPOT idea. If people start leaving over either board, the restrictions should be gradually reduced, and put back if nobody learns to post in other sections.

If Francis could add this in, it may even stop the dreaded front page necroposting opportunities in the less active boards...
A Bucket of Stuff    
MsDevin92

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:56 pm   Reply with quote

Baby Peach wrote:
ShadowArticuno wrote:
Frozenwinters wrote:
MsDevin92 wrote:

But the complaints of RPers don't matter? :/
MsDevin92's Bazaar    
Super ShadowArticuno

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:58 pm   Reply with quote

MsDevin92 wrote:
Baby Peach wrote:
ShadowArticuno wrote:
Frozenwinters wrote:
MsDevin92 wrote:

Did you even read my last post? I'm thinking this could be a good oportunity to brng activity back to the rest of the site. We'll separate the nerrs from the g33ks if this happens.
A Bucket of Stuff    
MsDevin92

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:03 pm   Reply with quote

ShadowArticuno wrote:
MsDevin92 wrote:
Baby Peach wrote:
ShadowArticuno wrote:
Frozenwinters wrote:
MsDevin92 wrote:

Did you even read my last post? I'm thinking this could be a good oportunity to brng activity back to the rest of the site. We'll separate the nerrs from the g33ks if this happens.

Yeah, but my post was in reply to Baby Peach.

I still don't like the idea of post restrictions...
MsDevin92's Bazaar    
~A color is just a color~
Frozenwinters

HP: 1 MP: 0 Lives: 4

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:06 pm   Reply with quote

Post restrictions make sense if they aren't incredibly outrageous. It would encourage the Role players/Off Topicers to think about what posts they make and look at the some other forums.
The Carmadox Party    
Mister I
Almaz

HP: 43 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:15 pm   Reply with quote

I don't like the idea of making RP's forced into RP due to a post limit. For example, if The Great Mighty Poo just sings for 10 pages at the loling of idiots, that's not a plot. That's just some random crap that doesn't get old for 10 topics. Plots should be judged instead of auto-moved. Really, if a plot doesn't affect a character in any emotional way, reveal something about their past, or cause a huge battle due to personal issues, it doesn't really belong in Role-Play. Game shows, arenas, and the like should also stay in Role-Play unless they are fourth-wall breaking, like Grunty's Furnace Fun or something.

Also, giving limits to RPOT might make more problems than it solves. There's always RPing through Personal Messaging, which, in turn, will give the site even LESS activity. Also, putting a limit...it just doesn't sound fair. It's like putting a cap on creativity and imagination, which makes me want to crai.

OT caps won't really help either, and that'll just cause...err...for the lack of better visualization, a cloud of shit and flame to come over the world. Off-Topic's a realization of the freedoms we have been bestowed upon by Francis. Capping that...that's like making America even more suckish.

digibutter's supossed to be an escape from the troubles of the world. Good friends, lotsa fun, deep realizations, intelligent discussion, lotsa spaghetti. Putting limits on that...that's a big no-no.

And puttings caps on RPOT and OT...I just don't see that promoting the other areas. Until Francis makes an all-encompassing Mario or Nintendo or Sony forums and stuff, we aren't going to have "Mario VS Luigi Deathmatch, GOGOGOGOGO!!!" or "Mario Kart 64 VS Mario Party" or something like that that keeps forums alive. No...change like that just makes people super duper pissed.
Temple of I    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Feedback