digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

State of Digibutter Address #4
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Announcements
Elite Nerr
Francis

HP: 50 MP: 3 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:30 pm   Reply with quote

My fellow nerrs...

It has been a long time since a good update, hasn't it? My many other obligations have kept me from heaping fun new features upon you. That is not the only reason for the drought. Disgruntled members, "forum raids", and hate for the mods has been becoming a growing problem. This has caused me to spend all my digi-time coming up with better moderation system and safe-guards against attackers.

These are the changes I made today:
1) Punishment for EVERY strike.
People didn't care about strikes until they got the third, and then they would complain about that final strike not being fair (forgetting about the previous two). You are now punished for every strike on its own.
2) You can plead guilty or not guilty
When your post is striked, you will get a PM asking you to plead guilty or not-guilty. If you know you were in the wrong, please plead guilty. It makes things easier for everyone. If you think you are innocent, then plead not-guilty and post your defense in your Court Forum topic.
3) Digibutter Court
I know the mods try their best, but they are human and are not perfect. So I set up a Court forum to give you a chance to defend yourself before receiving any punishment. This Forum is only for discussing your crime and defense. If you are not involved with the case, please do not post in this forum.
4) Fines
Punishment will now be by coins, and not always jail time. If you do not have enough coins to pay your fine, then you will have to serve jail time.
5) Proxies
Proxies are used to hide your real IP. These are almost ALWAYS used for malicious purposes. I have taken measures to block proxies automatically. If you notice any problems because of this, please PM me.
6) We do not negotiate with terrorists
Anyone who comes to this to site to terrorize everyone or another member will be banned from the site completely. Anyone found helping a terrorist will be punished, and possibly banned too.

This is not what I wanted to spend my time doing, I would rather be adding a new Mario Party board game feature, Groups, Guilds, Aquariums, and other crazy stuff that makes this place so awesome. Many people have forced me into focusing on other things. But hopefully now we can go back to having fun, k?

-Francis

p.s. I also made a few other small changes. Collectibles are shown on your profile, newbs can't chat, I can put members in "restricted" mode where they can't use a lot of features, and some other small things.
Francis' Fort Garage Sale    
(:
Tayl

HP: 98 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:36 pm   Reply with quote

-yay, fun-

Also, I see a problems with fines. Wouldn't that just let the richer members get away with almost everything? Or are you making things more expensive for them? What kind of crimes are most expensive? Or are all fines the same amount of coins?

-shot for asking so many questions-
~The Shop with Stuff~    
Super ShadowArticuno

HP: 99 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:38 pm   Reply with quote

Make it so every third strike requires a fine AND jail time. We don't want rich members going on a spamming spree. If needed, give Mods the power to remove coins from members if they abuse this system.
A Bucket of Stuff    
? Block
Fancy Wario

HP: 69 MP: 8 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:39 pm   Reply with quote

Aquariums? Now you've got me curious. How about I capture one so we can see what they taste like?
ashdgbdsahvdsajghdasvgsahdvsagsa    
Crappiest Animator ever.
Chaos-Stev-0

HP: 100 MP: 0 Lives: 10

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:50 pm   Reply with quote

I love the new updates. Too bad you couldn't post the fun stuff you had in mind. Perhaps with all of these new features, you will be able to have time to!
Shop of Stev-0    
Soviet-Mudkipz Leader
Super Amigo

HP: 100 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:53 pm   Reply with quote

Hurray for Updates ^_^. Now put Neon in the arcade plx

Last edited by Super Amigo on Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
Werehogs Moonlight shop    
The Double Duece!
Strong Bad

HP: 99 MP: 4 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:55 pm   Reply with quote

Francis wrote:
But hopefully now we can go back to having fun, k?

Yey for fun.
Toad House    
Parabuzzy Queen
Macha

HP: 10 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:09 pm   Reply with quote

Like Tayl said, I can see fines being a bit of a problem.

But... Thank you, Francis. Stuff like this has been needed for a while, and I'm glad we've got it now.
Buzzy Mart    
TooManyToasters
Paper_Waluigi

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:22 pm   Reply with quote

Coins are pointless nowadays, and pretty much every active member bathes in them by now, so fines are a bad idea at least while the economy is dead.
asdf    
lolz
Shrowser

HP: 100 MP: 4 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:56 pm   Reply with quote

Collectibles are still pretty much pointless. They should be in your sig.
Shrowser's Shop    
Simsmagic
Aggrieved
Vampire

HP: 28 MP: 1 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:31 pm   Reply with quote

Fines... are not really that good. As was stated, rich members would be fine the first two strikes.

I suggest jail time in it's place, with the third strike being extended jail time.
Gorgeon's Weapons Shop    
Tails Doll

HP: 100 MP: 3 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:47 pm   Reply with quote

Ultimario and Pure can do what they want now. Thanks, Francis!
Hell    
LIL BLUE VS. BIG BLUE
Crappy Blue Luigi
Vampire

HP: 95 MP: 7 Lives: 2

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:20 pm   Reply with quote

Tails Doll wrote:
Ultimario and Pure can do what they want now, and Vid can do what he wants twice. Thanks, Francis!

Fix'd.
Paradeem 8    
Tails Doll

HP: 100 MP: 3 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:21 pm   Reply with quote

Crappy Blue Luigi wrote:
Tails Doll wrote:
Ultimario and Pure can do what they want now, and Vid can do what he wants twice. Thanks, Francis!

Fix'd.
Too true, my blue friend.
Hell    
i am the sandwich
Vid Inferno
Vampire

HP: 73 MP: 0 Lives: 7

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:40 pm   Reply with quote

Crappy Blue Luigi wrote:
Tails Doll wrote:

Fix'd.
Really, most of the people who have loads of coins rarely break the rules. I've never gotten a strike, and I certainly don't intend to. I also haven't seen Ultimario or Pure break any of the rules recently. Even so, though, the bail price should be increased overtime with more offenses, like the longer jail sentences.
Anti-Francis Mart    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Announcements