digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Global Warming (Warning: Serious Topic)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> General Discussion
King of Koopas
Lord Bowser

HP: 97 MP: 10 Lives: 3

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 11:27 pm   Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50nn0_j426o

Seriously people, we NEED to slow-down this global-warming stuff as much as we can! We KNOW that you are just one person, but ALL of us are, which is why each and everyone needs to do their part! When you buy stuff, bring a bag you already have at home that you can use a lot to save the environment. WALK TO SCHOOL. Also, plant a tree! I don't care when or what, just eat an apple and bury the seed! If you can't do it at home, do it at a park or something. If you can WALK to a store that is "not too far," then WALK. I KNOW that you doing this won't do much, but livng half a second longer is better than living a second less, right?

PEOPLE, we can't wait for the government or whatnot to do something, WE NEED TO DO SOMETHING so that the government does! Go to school, and run for president as soon as you can and ask for the fliers to have a section on fighting global warming. If the principle says you shouldn't be president, FORGET THEM. You wanna save the Earth? I say you go and DO it!

I don't care if global warming isn't even REAL! If you like this planet, keep it LESS POLLUTED. Oh, and DO WHAT I'M TELLING YOU! A book without reading is USELESS!

Oh, and you know what? I think that you should even talk to the FEW FRIENDS YOU HAVE ABOUT THIS. Hey, if one-out-of-ten people does something to help after being asked, isn't that better than none? I don't care if you think they think that's lame. If they do, those FRIENDS DON'T LIKE TO LIVE ON THIS PLANET!

Something else you can do is community service BECAUSE YOU WANT TO. I don't care if only jail-people do it. THEY ARE DOING GOOD THING STO MAKE UP FOR THEIR SINS. You have NOT ENOUGH SINS, so why not help Mother Earth?

RECYCLE PEOPLE, RECYCLE! That paper is full on both sides? Recycle! They DO make benches made of melted plastic, people. That's one less tree that died. That's one more minute of life.

That paper is a homework assignment that the teacher finished grading? SAVE IT IN A PILE AND USE PARTS OF IT TO DRAW! You can't just recycle mumbo jumbo expecing it to be infinitly recycled! Things become WEAKER the more they are RECYCLED.

Oh, and by the way, don't buy too many pencils, because THOSE use trees too.

Ya, and you BETTER be doing at least ALL of the things I said. Yes, I said ALL. Why did I say all? Because if I said LESS than all, you'd do NOTHIN'! I hope all of you have read this.

ONE more thing. NO MORE SQUIRT-GUN BATTLES! Do you KNOW how much water is being wasted by doing that? This includes playing with the rubber-ducky when you take a bath. WHY waste water SOLELY for amusement? It doesn't help you do anything if you waste time in the bathtub making the water vamoose.

READ ALL OF THE ABOVE BECAUSE IF YOU SAVE ONE SECOND OF THE EARTH'S LIFE, THAT'S BETTER THAN SAVING NONE. REMEMBER, THE MORE THE MERRIER.
Bowser'z!    
Current form: Normal
Marker Magikoopa
Vampire

HP: 38 MP: 6 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 11:38 pm   Reply with quote

First, I want to mention a few things about my real-life self. I live in
Texas. In Texas, there are cacti, scorpions, and rattlesnakes. What kind of habitat do you associate with those things? I believe that the answer would be a desert. Now, how much does it snow in deserts? If you want to get smart with me and mention that Antartica is a desert too, keep in mind that it still doesn't snow much there (the snow doesn't return to the clouds). So, how much do you think it snows in Texas? Now, on the few rare occasions that it does snow in Texas, when do you think it would happen? December? January? Febuary? Those seem like good ideas of when it would snow.

Now for the observation that will shock your minds.

I've seen it snow here durring EASTER!!! That's right, Easter. One of those holidays that takes place in the spring time. And not only have I seen it snow in Texas durring the spring season, but I've seen it do so TWICE!!!

Now, take that all of that into consideration, and tell me why I should believe in the existance of global warming.

Oh, and I do occasionally recycle.
Shop #42    
Typhoon
Typhoon™
Dead
Dead

HP: 0 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 11:39 pm   Reply with quote

Lord Bowser wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50nn0_j426o

Seriously people, we NEED to slow-down this global-warming stuff as much as we can! We KNOW that you are just one person, but ALL of us are, which is why each and everyone needs to do their part! When you buy stuff, bring a bag you already have at home that you can use a lot to save the environment. WALK TO SCHOOL. Also, plant a tree! I don't care when or what, just eat an apple and bury the seed! If you can't do it at home, do it at a park or something. If you can WALK to a store that is "not too far," then WALK. I KNOW that you doing this won't do much, but livng half a second longer is better than living a second less, right?

PEOPLE, we can't wait for the government or whatnot to do something, WE NEED TO DO SOMETHING so that the government does! Go to school, and run for president as soon as you can and ask for the fliers to have a section on fighting global warming. If the principle says you shouldn't be president, FORGET THEM. You wanna save the Earth? I say you go and DO it!

I don't care if global warming isn't even REAL! If you like this planet, keep it LESS POLLUTED. Oh, and DO WHAT I'M TELLING YOU! A book without reading is USELESS!

Oh, and you know what? I think that you should even talk to the FEW FRIENDS YOU HAVE ABOUT THIS. Hey, if one-out-of-ten people does something to help after being asked, isn't that better than none? I don't care if you think they think that's lame. If they do, those FRIENDS DON'T LIKE TO LIVE ON THIS PLANET!

Something else you can do is community service BECAUSE YOU WANT TO. I don't care if only jail-people do it. THEY ARE DOING GOOD THING STO MAKE UP FOR THEIR SINS. You have NOT ENOUGH SINS, so why not help Mother Earth?

RECYCLE PEOPLE, RECYCLE! That paper is full on both sides? Recycle! They DO make benches made of melted plastic, people. That's one less tree that died. That's one more minute of life.

That paper is a homework assignment that the teacher finished grading? SAVE IT IN A PILE AND USE PARTS OF IT TO DRAW! You can't just recycle mumbo jumbo expecing it to be infinitly recycled! Things become WEAKER the more they are RECYCLED.

Oh, and by the way, don't buy too many pencils, because THOSE use trees too.

Ya, and you BETTER be doing at least ALL of the things I said. Yes, I said ALL. Why did I say all? Because if I said LESS than all, you'd do NOTHIN'! I hope all of you have read this.

ONE more thing. NO MORE SQUIRT-GUN BATTLES! Do you KNOW how much water is being wasted by doing that? This includes playing with the rubber-ducky when you take a bath. WHY waste water SOLELY for amusement? It doesn't help you do anything if you waste time in the bathtub making the water vamoose.

READ ALL OF THE ABOVE BECAUSE IF YOU SAVE ONE SECOND OF THE EARTH'S LIFE, THAT'S BETTER THAN SAVING NONE. REMEMBER, THE MORE THE MERRIER.

Yes! I totally agree! We all should stop global warming! Less polution!

WOOH!

I feel so empowered...

And Gas/oil cars should be abandoned. Solar/electric cars should be made for everybody...

To bad the world doesnt do this. Oh well. I guess they dont care, becuase theyll die before it all happens. they dont care for the kids who want to have a future of LIFE and not WATER and BURNING TO A CRIPSY CRISP...Crisp crisp crisp;
Ornaments    
King of Koopas
Lord Bowser

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 11:40 pm   Reply with quote

Magikoopa #42 wrote:
First, I want to mention a few things about my real-life self. I live in
Texas. In Texas, there are cacti, scorpions, and rattlesnakes. What kind of habitat do you associate with those things? I believe that the answer would be a desert. Now, how much does it snow in deserts? If you want to get smart with me and mention that Antartica is a desert too, keep in mind that it still doesn't snow much there (the snow doesn't return to the clouds). So, how much do you think it snows in Texas? Now, on the few rare occasions that it does snow in Texas, when do you think it would happen? December? January? Febuary? Those seem like good ideas of when it would snow.

Now for the observation that will shock your minds.

I've seen it snow here durring EASTER!!! That's right, Easter. One of those holidays that takes place in the spring time. And not only have I seen it snow in Texas durring the spring season, but I've seen it do so TWICE!!!

Now, take that all of that into consideration, and tell me why I should believe in the existance of global warming.

'Cause it's warmer than it was twelve years ago. I live in California, and NEVER in my sixteen years on this planet, has it snowed.

I could show you the graphs, I could show you the comparisons, and I could show you the scientific facts that PROVE that global warming is indeed real.
Bowser'z!    
Typhoon
Typhoon™
Dead
Dead

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 11:42 pm   Reply with quote

Oh and not only pollution, but the population is going out of handle. Sooner or later, the earths resources and trees and plants will run out. We'll all die of this sooner or later.

I sorta wish I was born in like 1950's or so. at the max, 1980.
Ornaments    
Marker Magikoopa
Vampire

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 11:48 pm   Reply with quote

I'm still for protecting the enviroment and everything, I simply don't believe all that much in global warming. Mother nature has simply shown some disagreement with the theory of global warming.

However, I have heard a theory that the decline of pirates is responsible for global warming.

So stop recyling, and become a pirate!

Now, who wants an eyepatch?
Shop #42    
Addicted to linebreaks
Plastic Mario
Vampire

HP: 94 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 11:53 pm   Reply with quote

LMAO. I was laughing for 5 mins straight when i saw that graph.
Fiberglass World    
Elite Nerr
Francis

HP: 50 MP: 3 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 11:54 pm   Reply with quote

Sorry, but I think its all propaganda to get politicians into office, and to let companies charge you more for their products cause they are "environmentally healthy" and to cover higher taxes placed on them by the government when they are not.

Sure being Earth friendly is a good thing, but I don't necessarily believe in Global Warming. The data can be looked at in so many different ways, but media only shows one view. Its just a big scheme to make companies look good if they are "green". Car companies make "hybrids" that cost you more, have less performance, and STILL don't give you hardly any additional gas millage. Oil is here to stay, for a long long long time. Our cars are only a tiny fraction of the real pollution out there. You turning the light off in your house is nothing compared to the mega factories making the light bulbs, and no one will ever make them shut down. The government will just have the power to fine them more, which the costs get handed down to you. All over some very inconclusive evidence of Global Warming, which has also been proven to be cyclical. Just another season the Earth goes through, like it has for many many years.

*end rant*
Francis' Fort Garage Sale    
Marker Magikoopa
Vampire

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 12:00 am   Reply with quote

Plastic Mario wrote:
LMAO. I was laughing for 5 mins straight when i saw that graph.

I got it over at http://www.venganza.org/. Also, if you feel like becoming a member of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, go right ahead.
Shop #42    
Bowser
Vampire

HP: 90 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 12:01 am   Reply with quote

Weren't we complaining about "Global cooling" about 50 years ago?

I think it's all a natural process of the earth, it's just that we didn't have the technology to take notice of it until now.

King of Koopas
Lord Bowser

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 12:03 am   Reply with quote

Bowser wrote:

I think it's all a natural process of the earth, it's just that we didn't have the technology to take notice of it until now.

50 years ago, technology was by far worse, which is why we had less evidence supporting the global cooling belief.
Bowser'z!    
Marker Magikoopa
Vampire

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 12:03 am   Reply with quote

Bowser wrote:

Heck, I'm complaining of Texan cooling. Maybe the Earth's tilt is changing or something.
Shop #42    
Typhoon
Typhoon™
Dead
Dead

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 12:04 am   Reply with quote

Global cooling?

Hopefully thats a joke,

If it isnt, omgwtfbbq
Ornaments    
Pure Heart
Luvbi

HP: 10 MP: 1 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 12:04 am   Reply with quote

WARNING, DIGIBUTTER USERS. THE ANTI-SANITY POLICE ARE GOING TO DESTOY THIS TOPIC AND ARREST YOU ALL. (SIREN: WEE WOO WEE WOO WEE WOO WEE WOO)

The cause of this is Groudon. No questions asked. <.<

On a more serious note, if I ever tried to plant a tree, it wouldn't stay alive. I suck at caring for plants.
Overthere Stair    
Typhoon
Typhoon™
Dead
Dead

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 12:14 am   Reply with quote

YOULL NEVER CATCH ME ALIVE COPPERS! *rolls away*

yus, i cant care for plants. i suck also
Ornaments    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> General Discussion