digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

I ISSUE ANOTHER CHALLENGE!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Your Groups -> Mario RPG Fan club
Yoshi
Vampire

HP: 60 MP: 6 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:40 pm   Reply with quote

Yeah...... Caps lock for extra effect.

ANYWHO, I have another challenge that is SO tedious, it doesn't even have it's own page on gamefaqs!

You may not use equipment. No weapons, armor, or accessories. I know you're already trembling, but please restrain your fear.

No timed hits.... None of them. Just do the dang hit, and don't press A. It'll get time to get used to, but the fear you have is worth it.... for me!

NO ATTACK ITEMS! I see you sneaking that rock candy into the axem rangers battle. You'll just have to work your way around it.

NO TOADSTOOL. That's right, no group hugging. A MAN doesn't group hug, he eats mushrooms when he needs health, and he keeps on truckin'.

NO STAT BOOSTERS. Geno boost is allowed, but I'm watching you. No items, kapeesh?

NO RED ESSENCE. Yeah, you may or may not know about it, but the red essence gives that character over 9000 deffense, so nothing can hurt them. If I were you, I'd become level THIRTY by the time I show my face to those axem rangers!

Well, I think those rules cover everything that makes the game abnormally easy. Now go do it, so I can WATCH YOUR MISERY.
PSI and more    
Mister I
Almaz

HP: 43 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:43 pm   Reply with quote

Hey, that's not incredibly hard.

It's called "Jump" with Mario, "Ultimate Base Stats" with Bowser, and "Geno Boost". Pretty much, that should plow me through the game. I accept the challenge after I give the Koopa King his dues.
Temple of I    
cool
Lord Bob
Vampire

HP: 61 MP: 8 Lives: 5

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:46 pm   Reply with quote

What about timing abilities? Aren't those techincally timed hits? For example, Mallow's Thunderbolt does more damage when timed.
NON BANNER    
Yoshi
Vampire

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:46 pm   Reply with quote

The thing is that you don't have armor.

Look at the breaker beam from the axem rangers.

Now picture that without armor, and no group hugs.

I hope you have an easy way to get yourself KerokerColas. Heck, it might even be a one-hit Knock out.
PSI and more    
Mister I
Almaz

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:52 pm   Reply with quote

...dang, without equipment, you can't do Kerokero Harvesting...wow...

The Axems...actually sound challenging...

I mean, not really so much with Geno Boost, but still...
Temple of I    
Yoshi
Vampire

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:58 pm   Reply with quote

Kobold wrote:
What about timing abilities? Aren't those techincally timed hits? For example, Mallow's Thunderbolt does more damage when timed.
I consider that falling under the category of timed hits.

@Mister I: Inorite?

By that point, I think you can do Toadofsky's third song part, so you can buy Kerokercolas, and money isn't that difficult to come by, considering you're not buying ANY EQUIPMENT.

Plus, you could probably sell the lazy shells for extra cola cash.
PSI and more    
Mister I
Almaz

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:02 pm   Reply with quote

Yeah...and Masher...and Hammer...and Chomp...and Toadstool's...everything...

...wait, does the lucky Hammer you can buy in Seaside Town count, since it doesn't improve your stats?

What about Jump Shoes?

...well, that's going to be a fun playthrough.
Temple of I    
Yoshi
Vampire

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:06 pm   Reply with quote

Mister I wrote:
Yeah...and Masher...and Hammer...and Chomp...and Toadstool's...everything...

...wait, does the lucky Hammer you can buy in Seaside Town count, since it doesn't improve your stats?

What about Jump Shoes?

...well, that's going to be a fun playthrough.
After a bit of thinking, I realised that I should allow you to use jump shoes. My reasoning is in this diagram:

As for the lucky hammer, if it doesn't raise stats, I guess it's okay.
PSI and more    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Your Groups