digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Wrath of the Lich King
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Gaming
Cid
Lord Krump

HP: 60 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:30 pm   Reply with quote

The fact that tailors are going to be able to craft flying carpets set the purchase in stone, for me. I'm going to go pre-order it.

Anyway, who else is looking forward to this expansion pack that is surely going to be an amazing upgrade to an already excellent MMO?
The Highwind Goods Store    
Ocelot
Twytch

HP: 100 MP: 1 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:42 pm   Reply with quote

If I still played WoW, I'd have to say the destructible siege battlefields. DAMN YOU HEXAGONAL WHEELS
Outer Heaven    
oar
Super Maiq the Liar

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:40 am   Reply with quote

GNNNEEEEWWWW I'M AN AEROPLANE EH-EH-EH-EH-EH-EH-EH-EH-EH BANG BANG PEEEYOOOOOW SSHHHNNNNAAAAOOOOWWWWWW KERPHOOOOOOOSH!

In other words, M'aiq wants his epic planes of doom.

Also, the power to summon a temporary army is badass.
Tamriellic Titles    
See?
Popple

HP: 99 MP: 8 Lives: 10

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:47 am   Reply with quote

WoW isn't a game.

WoW is a virtual chatroom that appears to be a game.

Yeah it has some RPG elements, but not enough to provide an engrossing single player experience.

Believe me, I have tried to enjoy that game by myself and it is such a *crag* grindfest that it is near impossible.

It's even worse that you basically have to know people in the game already no a days if you even want to play because begineer areas are *crag* empty except for twinks.

I might consider getting back in if someone invited me, but I really don't feel like paying a monthly fee for the worst single player dungeon crawler ever made.
Popple's Secret Hideout    
oar
Super Maiq the Liar

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:53 am   Reply with quote

Popple wrote:
WoW isn't a game.

Yeah it has some RPG elements, but not enough to provide an engrossing single player experience.

Believe me, I have tried to enjoy that game by myself and it is such a *crag* grindfest that it is near impossible.

It's even worse that you basically have to know people in the game already no a days if you even want to play because begineer areas are *crag* empty except for twinks.

I might consider getting back in if someone invited me, but I really don't feel like paying a monthly fee for the worst single player dungeon crawler ever made.

The game is almost impossible to solo for long unless you're a Hunter(or any other class that has a pet)

Join the Deathwing server. M'aiq is planning on getting back into the game soon as his L39 Blood Elf Hunter. The thing he mainly dislikes is that the guild he's in has a load of 70's. <_<'
Tamriellic Titles    
and I control the decks
carfilledwithfish

HP: 88 MP: 7 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:08 am   Reply with quote

It's been over 2 years since I played WoW, but plenty of people at my school play it, so I'm sure I'll be hearing a lot about this expansion.
Maybe I'll even play a bit. My old account in still around, just in the possession of a friend.

Ohh, THAT makes sense!
Tyler
Vampire

HP: 95 MP: 2 Lives: 4

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:21 am   Reply with quote

Why does Popple always describe everything perfectly?
Tyler's Sexy Shop    
Cid
Lord Krump

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:30 am   Reply with quote

Popple wrote:
WoW isn't a game.

I won't lie- at many times, it is a grindfest. What WoW manages to do that other MMOs around its age don't, however, is disguise the grindfest as things called "quests." They at least let you know why you're killing hundreds of defenseless animals over and over again.

Anyway, it isn't impossible to play solo. If you want to see a game where it is impossible to play solo, check out FFXI. WoW is remarkably easy, although tedious at times, to level- I solo'd my mage to 70, quite easily. All classes can be solo'd, if you know how to play, and if you're spec'd right.

You don't need groups to play- you do for dungeons, though. And if you do want to do a raid or a dungeon and get "high-end" loot, there's these things called 'pugs,' if you don't feel like joining/applying to a guild to get to know anyone (Of course, it isn't like joining a guild and meeting new players is hard. There's always plenty of guilds spamming their recruitment messages in chat.) They're quite common on large servers- mostly for easier ones like Kara, but I've seen some for TK- and easy to get in to; unfortunately, the quality of those groups are hit-or-miss, but at least you don't have to actually know anyone to trash Karazhan. Razz
The Highwind Goods Store    
Ocelot
Twytch

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:40 am   Reply with quote

Or you know, insta-70 private servers are always fun.
Outer Heaven    
Cid
Lord Krump

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:35 am   Reply with quote

Fakir wrote:

Eh. Sorta takes out the fun and "sense of accomplishment" of finally reaching 70.
The Highwind Goods Store    
See?
Popple

HP: 99 MP: 8 Lives: 10

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:09 pm   Reply with quote

Cid wrote:
Popple wrote:
WoW isn't a game.

I won't lie- at many times, it is a grindfest. What WoW manages to do that other MMOs around its age don't, however, is disguise the grindfest as things called "quests." They at least let you know why you're killing hundreds of defenseless animals over and over again.

Anyway, it isn't impossible to play solo. If you want to see a game where it is impossible to play solo, check out FFXI. WoW is remarkably easy, although tedious at times, to level- I solo'd my mage to 70, quite easily. All classes can be solo'd, if you know how to play, and if you're spec'd right.

You don't need groups to play- you do for dungeons, though. And if you do want to do a raid or a dungeon and get "high-end" loot, there's these things called 'pugs,' if you don't feel like joining/applying to a guild to get to know anyone (Of course, it isn't like joining a guild and meeting new players is hard. There's always plenty of guilds spamming their recruitment messages in chat.) They're quite common on large servers- mostly for easier ones like Kara, but I've seen some for TK- and easy to get in to; unfortunately, the quality of those groups are hit-or-miss, but at least you don't have to actually know anyone to trash Karazhan. Razz

Let's face facts though, playing WoW by yourself is one of the most boring things you can ever *crag* do.
Popple's Secret Hideout    
oar
Super Maiq the Liar

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:18 pm   Reply with quote

Popple wrote:

Let's face facts though, playing WoW by yourself is one of the most boring things you can ever *crag* do.

At least listening to the idiots on LocalChat can be amusing, and the battlegrounds can be great fun alot of times.

So yeah, it's the same case as nearly every other MMO of it's kind: Bring a friend(s) if you plan on having fun. Guild Wars, PSU, MapleStory, DOMO, (insert other free MMO-games here)...

Brewfest is pure epic though. You can have a blast on your own. Cool The Iron Dwarf invasions are the most epic thing M'aiq has seen in a LONG time.
Tamriellic Titles    
Cid
Lord Krump

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:19 pm   Reply with quote

Popple wrote:
Cid wrote:
Popple wrote:
WoW isn't a game.

Eh. It depends; 1-30 was quite fun, whereas 30-58 was boring as hell. 58-70, however, was a blast.

It can be boring- of course, where you are soloing and what level you are definitely affects it.

Quote:
Brewfest is pure epic though

Indeed, Brewfest is the greatest MMO event ever. Unfortunately, the boss hasn't dropped the kodo I want, yet. I'm going to make sure I get it before Brewfest is over.
The Highwind Goods Store    
Ocelot
Twytch

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:45 pm   Reply with quote

Cid wrote:
Fakir wrote:

Eh. Sorta takes out the fun and "sense of accomplishment" of finally reaching 70.

Soloing Karazhan is always fun, though.
Outer Heaven    
The Axolotl Sympathist
Geno
Werewolf

HP: 100 MP: 4 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:02 pm   Reply with quote

I'll get it once I save up $70, because I REALLY WANT THE COLLECTOR'S EDITION.

I got the game exactly 9 days ago. And I'm addicted. I didn't think I would be, but I totally am. I play with 2 other friends, so it's sort-of fun when we're not arguing about Need/Greed.

I'm currently a LV23 Draenei pally. My one friend is a 25 Night Elf warrior, and the other is a 31 Human mage.

The one that plays the Night Elf thinks he can agro as much stuff as he wants and live, and I'm always stuck healing him as he runs away, only to have the mobs see me and then kill me... He's just an idiot.

I really hope someone here plays on Greymane, because it'd be epic to play with some of you guys.
Geno's Tree    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Gaming