digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

The hardest style for you....

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Your Groups -> Spriters-resource
Crappiest Animator ever.
Chaos-Stev-0

HP: 100 MP: 0 Lives: 10

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:21 pm   Reply with quote

What is the hardest spriting style in your opinion? For me, it is Super Smash Bros Brawl style.
Shop of Stev-0    
Sync
MALAK

HP: 10 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:59 pm   Reply with quote

...what?

The SSB games don't use sprites. >.>

Anywho, honestly? It depends on the depth necessary, for example I could never really make something as detailed as a spritesheet for a character in the style of one of those fighting games. :|
Hammerspace    
Crappiest Animator ever.
Chaos-Stev-0

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:26 am   Reply with quote

I'm not saying if it has sprites or not, but trying to copy the style isn't easy. There's so many different motions....
Shop of Stev-0    
Sync
MALAK

HP: 10 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:08 am   Reply with quote

Copying what style?

If you're trying to say attempting at spriting battle sprites in the form of Smash Bros games is hard, then you shouldn't really focus on Brawl. The others pretty much use the exact same style. Hell, SSB isn't the only series that uses Fighting Animations and the like.

Sorry, it's kind of hard to explain. The point here is, there is no Brawl Style.
Hammerspace    
Crappiest Animator ever.
Chaos-Stev-0

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:53 pm   Reply with quote

Actually, they gave new frames to the characters in Brawl. In the first game, they had no Side-B's. In Melee, they only had one taunt. As for other things, such as the foot-stool jump and the handstand recovery thing, I'm not all too sure. Point is, it's supposed to act as if said sprited character is in Brawl. [rerails]
Shop of Stev-0    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Your Groups