digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Old Butter HQ
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Your Groups -> Old Butter
Strawberry-san
Celeste Dimentia

HP: 100 MP: 0 Lives: 3

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:22 pm   Reply with quote

OLD BUTTER

Old Butter Nerrs unite!

I'm playing loads of old-school games right now, and to celebrate my enthusiasm, I decided to make this group.

If anyone's playing any classic games, feel free to bring them up. This group is all about discussion on the subject.

Feel free to post any videos you make here, as well (example: Let's Plays of classic games; I may be doing this myself). And any other related works, really.

MEMBERS

♦ Baby Daisy
♦ bobzearth42
♦ Bonechillz
♦ Celeste Dimentia
♦ Count Bowser
♦ Crappy Blue Luigi
♦ Cudge123
♦ Dark Bristle
♦ kwobsunit24
♦ lightening
♦ Lord Bob
♦ MattTheSpratt
♦ Medikoopa
♦ MeowMixer
♦ Mimi-Kins
♦ Cherry
♦ Poison
♦ Tails Doll
♦ TooManyToasters
♦ Vaati
♦ WIRE MAN
♦ Yoshi
♦ Yoshifan

Last edited by Celeste Dimentia on Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:52 am; edited 5 times in total
Dimension D    
Piano Enthusiast
Yoshifan

HP: 99 MP: 1 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:16 am   Reply with quote

I'm guessing PiT doesn't count as a classic game.
The Bizarre Bazaar    
Medikoopa
Vampire

HP: 100 MP: 1 Lives: 3

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:58 am   Reply with quote

In my book, classic games are pre-Gamecube. N64 games are iffy, but anything prior that system are definitely.

I've been playing Gauntlet lately. Take THAT! The original Gauntlet. No "Blue Warrior needs food badly", but "Warrior/Valkyre/Mage/Thief needs food badly." Or alternatively, "____ is about to die."

This game is so frustratingly difficult, but it will be well worth it when I 'beat' it. (If I remember correctly, the OLD old games are endless. They just keep on getting harder and harder.)
Dark Land Supply Store    
Nobody Catch Me
Count Bowser
Werewolf

HP: 59 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:55 am   Reply with quote

I've just join this group^^ And man...the classics....it made my childhood amazing. I've lived through the 16-bit/64-bit era of video games. Playing classics like Sonic the Hedgehog, Super Mario 64, Banjo-Kazooie and well...etc.

Been playing the very first Super Smash Bros. alot lately. But, I've also played SM64 B-K and DK64 at times....but SSB....FTW!?

LIL BLUE VS. BIG BLUE
Crappy Blue Luigi
Vampire

HP: 95 MP: 7 Lives: 2

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:29 pm   Reply with quote

I've been playing StarTropics.

If you haven't played StarTropics, then... well, you should.

It's about an ace baseball pitcher named Mike Jones who goes to this place called C Island to find out what happened to his uncle who went there first but hasn't been seen from since so you go to this village and get a yo-yo which becomes your main weapon.

Totally awesome, amirite?
Paradeem 8    
Tails Doll

HP: 100 MP: 3 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:53 pm   Reply with quote

I have a big collection of old games, good, and bad. Right now, I'm playing Captain Planet for the NES. Horrible stuff. And it's unfair, too!
Hell    
Medikoopa
Vampire

HP: 100 MP: 1 Lives: 3

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:06 pm   Reply with quote

Tails Doll wrote:
I have a big collection of old games, good, and bad. Right now, I'm playing Captain Planet for the NES. Horrible stuff. And it's unfair, too!

Two words: Shaq Fu.
Dark Land Supply Store    
Nobody Catch Me
Count Bowser
Werewolf

HP: 59 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:19 pm   Reply with quote

I can make a whole list of bad games....trust me....I've played some awful games in the past......never played Shaq Fu...and I'm glad that I never did

Strawberry-san
Celeste Dimentia

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:16 pm   Reply with quote

I still have memories of playing Superman 64...

I... I still have nightmares sometimes. Once in a rare while I'll wake up in the middle of the night, screaming, and try desperately once I've calmed myself to fall into sleep once more...

Oh, and um... I'm playing the NES Mega Man games at the moment. I'm also playing the 2nd Quest on The Legend of Zelda now (with the 1st beaten, not via ZELDA shortcut). So unforgiving. =<
Dimension D    
Piano Enthusiast
Yoshifan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:18 pm   Reply with quote

dang it! I've only played NES and SNES games on Virtual Console. The first system I had was the N64. And I got that when I was three.

I still regret selling my N64 after I got a Gamecube.

I wish games that are at least 2 1/2 years old, then some of my favorite DS games would count.

And a horrible game? Harry. Potter. 2. GBA. *throws up*
The Bizarre Bazaar    
Tails Doll

HP: 100 MP: 3 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:20 pm   Reply with quote

Well, Chaos, at least Zelda isn't bad. I'll keep Superman 64 and Shaq Fu in mind. I'll also present to everybody Captain Planet, for the Sega Genesis. It's not all that bad, but, it's not good.
Hell    
Strawberry-san
Celeste Dimentia

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:24 pm   Reply with quote

Well yes, at least Zelda is actually a good game. Just in case there's anyone who doesn't know already, Zelda is my favorite game series. =)

Funny that Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets for the Game Boy Advance was just mentioned... I beat that game again really recently... only because I wanted to complete it 100% to feel satisfied, though, because I hadn't yet before... and... I still have the game for some reason. I'd rather still have my The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past w/ Four Swords, though... however... I lost it somehow at one point. Which really stinks. D:
Dimension D    
Piano Enthusiast
Yoshifan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:43 pm   Reply with quote

I guess I should quit the group cuz the only true classic game I have are on VC.
The Bizarre Bazaar    
Strawberry-san
Celeste Dimentia

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:53 pm   Reply with quote

Commander Shroob wrote:
I guess I should quit the group cuz the only true classic game I have are on VC.

You don't have to quit because of that... we welcome anyone who appreciates or just plain loves the classic games. Or even anyone who just wants to talk about them. You're alright, trust me. ^^
Dimension D    
Piano Enthusiast
Yoshifan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:16 pm   Reply with quote

Chaos Dimentio wrote:
Commander Shroob wrote:

You don't have to quit because of that... we welcome anyone who appreciates or just plain loves the classic games. Or even anyone who just wants to talk about them. You're alright, trust me. ^^

So do early/semi-early DS games and some GC games count? or not?
If not, all I really have to talk about is N64 and SMW. And Kirby's Adventure.
The Bizarre Bazaar    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Your Groups