digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Political Commentary (why im not running)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Elections

I'm not running.
Good, I wouldn't vote for you.
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
I would have voted for you.
33%
 33%  [ 2 ]
tl;dr / don't care
50%
 50%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 6

Poison
Super Postman
Jailed Vampire
Jailed

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 11

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:57 pm   Reply with quote

Hey there all you digifolk out there, some of you must be wondering why someone like me who obviously cares so much about this election is not actually running.

first lets bring up the Candidate list (as it stands)

Mr. Game & Watch
Spiny
Bonechillz
Mister I
Cid
Shadow Kingdom
Popple
Shrowser
The Chaos Heart
Dark Bristle
Simsmagic
Mantis15
Baby Daisy
Darth BooDer
Paper Luigi
Zelnor
Gold Prognosticus
Paper Peach

Too many people are running, first off. that turns me off on the process. We have too many people running. Not enough votes coming in ( I see too many candidates getting one vote only for themselves, possibly two if they have their vice president.)

looking over the people, not naming any candidates I see three types of candidates.

1. Genuine: these people I would considered qualified for the job, they want what is best for digibutter.
2. Popular: these candidates have only entered because they can, and they believe they will win on prestige. they also might have entered just for kicks.
3. New Blood: a little of column a is present, but the main concern of a new blood is to make a name for themselves. they want to be known.

while looking over these Archetypes I've just named you probably had a few names pop into your head, This is the point I bring up, these are the people running.

The political process merely isn't organized enough to my liking the presidential body as of now is a large crowd of under qualified attention mongers. Id like to disqualify a lot of the type 2's and 3's To get down to the people who can actually make a change for the better. but alas I cant its not in my power, so you the public have to use your own eyes to determine who will be best for digibutter

Why don't I run myself, again you ask? Because I know deep down I'm not qualified. I'm too subject to personal bias's I don't post enough to be a good enough president.

I'll be the first to admit my faults. And as much as I would like to serve this site, I'm afraid I'm just not up to the task.

I am however willing to commentate on any of the candidates provided I am allowed to do so, this post will house my political rantings on candidates and their positions. IF I am allowed I will gladly categorize the candidates into the aforementioned rankings so you can see who the best candidates are.

this is Poison Signing off
Poison's Boutique    
Fat Tuper
lovegod703

HP: 10 MP: 6 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:59 pm   Reply with quote

I chose "Don't care" because it depended on your answers to the questions
Milton Games    
Crappiest Animator ever.
Chaos-Stev-0

HP: 100 MP: 0 Lives: 10

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:01 pm   Reply with quote

I think you might be right. I wouldn't run because of many of the reasons you listed.
Shop of Stev-0    
Paper Peach

HP: 14 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:15 pm   Reply with quote

I'd like to see who you judge to be BS and the real deal....

Personally, I don't know you too well, but I know that your at least honest with us. You admit your faults instead of piling on crap that does nothing but sparkle. Your quite intelligient, and you determination to change the members is quite an undertaking I'd never dream of doing. You have enough respect from me to actually get my support.
Paper Peach's Shop    
Mister I
Almaz

HP: 43 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:47 pm   Reply with quote

You're free to say whatever you'd like; it's an educated opinion, not a flame. Please, you're basically one of the most intelligent members here on the site; I would love for you to analyze, criticize, and comment on each and every one of us candidates.

Though, truly, I think you'd make an excellent president. I'm not going to vote in that poll, as an open mind is the only true key to success, but going off what I've seen before...Hell, you're probably the most qualified of anyone, and one of the most quality members we have on this site.

My invisible hat is off to you, ma'am.
Temple of I    
Poison
Super Postman
Jailed Vampire
Jailed

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 11

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:12 pm   Reply with quote

Here is my Current review of the people running for president.
Quote:

Should be Removed/Ignored.

Shadow Kingdom Type J ( candidate has entered for kicks and giggles)
Dark Bristle Type J ( candidate has entered for kicks and giggles)
Darth BooDer Type J ( candidate has entered for kicks and giggles)
The Chaos Heart NP
Mantis15 NP
Shrowser NP
Paper Luigi NP
*NP, Has not participated yet. may be removed from the list

Type - 3 ( new bloods)
Mr. Game & Watch
Bonechillz

Type - 2 (Popularity/confused on job description/questionable intentions)
Baby Daisy
Zelnor
Spiny

Type - 1 (Qualified)
Simsmagic
Gold Prognosticus
Popple
Paper Peach
Mister I
Cid

This list is my personal opinion, I don't think its flamey some people need to kick up their campaign Consider this a reality check for those who take offense.

this list is subject to revision based on candidates being added ( officially by Francis) and Candidates ability to step up to the plate.

Unhappy with your position, Convince me otherwise in a PM. That is all.

Poison out.
Poison's Boutique    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Elections