digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Attention, people of this fine Digination.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Elections
PEPSIMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!
Cherry
Vampire

HP: 65 MP: 6 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:48 pm   Reply with quote

In the beginning, we were a very small sect of people who had fun as a group. There were no issues beyond a few trolls now and again, and they were quickly extinguished. But now we are in a time of need. As the forum's size increases, we find new problems, and that can cause a lot of stress on Big Green over in the Command Centre. I've noticed that a lot of the forum knows what's what, and more importantly, what should be what. Obviously, this is why we're holding the election in the first place.

This election is about one thing, and one thing only. Improving the site in the eyes of the members. As a result, the goal is, in a way, to read the member's minds, and base what you're promising off of that. Although it apparently doesn't help to be popular.

This is why I find making promises on the campaign trail rather frivolous. In the end, the president will simply be reporting the wants and needs of the common member to Big Green. I could make all the promises in the world if I wanted to, but if you guys say otherwise, it isn't going to matter what I want. You are essentially 99% of what the President says. And that's how I plan to lead if elected.

I can safely say there are many things the members unanimously agree on, and those, beyond all other things, will be what I promise to you. Just a few examples of what I believe are considered unanimous among members...

Return of the Digibutter Search:

Sure, it's a small issue, but whenever I see it brought up, it's never contested. Digibutter's search engine was fast, easy and efficient. But it has been scrapped in favour of a dysfunctional Google-based search engine that never seems to want to give the results you want.

Removal of Junk Forums:

Forums like Miyamojo and Oekaki are very rarely used, so they sit there taking up the site's space. Oekaki in particular has an entire engine for itself, and it's rarely used.

The Economy:

The Economy of Digibutter is beyond FUBAR. Many attempts to spice up the site (team-on-team wars, for example) have been wrecked by the fact that the economy is just too unstable to house it. We, as a community must come up with a decent solution that makes coins more useful, to encourage (or in severe cases, force) the use of coins, in order to help build a more stable and reliable Economy.

The Over-Moderation of Off-Topic:

There has been a rash of over-moderation in our Off-Topic forum, and that is a very bad thing. Relaxing the rules on Off-Topic will help soften the mood across the forums, as well as quell a lot of problems about the moderators. This will also reduce the need for a spamboard, which would only take up mass amounts of the site's space.

Removal of the Fine System:

The fine system has become nothing more than an excuse to break as many rules as the members please. Since the system was implemented, there has been an increase in rule-breaking from certain members. This is, no doubt, a clear problem.

These are only a few of the things you want, from what I've seen. I chose to not include a lot of what I was originally going to promise, because I knew that the consensus comes from not myself, but Digibutter as a whole.

I've listened to you, Digibutter, now I plead for you listen to me.

That is all.

Last edited by Cherry on Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Console Merchandise    
Yoshio
Yoshio

HP: 100 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:52 pm   Reply with quote

I'd sooner vote for Popple than Moi
Yoshio's Toy Chest    
Black Yoshi
Vampire

HP: 31 MP: 10 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:57 pm   Reply with quote

Yoshio wrote:
I'd sooner vote for Popple than Moi

Mind giving a reason, or are you just trying to flamebait here?
The Domain of Secrets    
Yoshio
Yoshio

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:59 pm   Reply with quote

I just think he's too uptight

and he is not an impartial mod

he's my least favorite of the candidates, that is just my opinion of course but he represents exactly where I do not want digibutter to go

and I do admit that I have a personal thing against both him and Popple
Yoshio's Toy Chest    
Blue Eyes wins.
Captain Blue

HP: 95 MP: 10 Lives: 2

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:01 pm   Reply with quote

disregard plx

Last edited by Captain Blue on Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:12 pm; edited 2 times in total

Yoshio
Yoshio

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:02 pm   Reply with quote

disregard
Yoshio's Toy Chest    
Super ShadowArticuno

HP: 99 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:26 pm   Reply with quote

First Cid and Goomba, now you?

Mods running to be the voice of the members... Doesn't that defeat the purpose?

Oh well. We'll just have to see how this all turns out...

I like the fact that you, too, want to remove the fine system.
A Bucket of Stuff    
Cherry
Vampire

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:33 pm   Reply with quote

ShadowArticuno wrote:

Mods running to be the voice of the members... Doesn't that defeat the purpose?
If he doesn't listen to us as mods, maybe he'll listen to us when we're speaking for everyone.
Console Merchandise    
Mister I
Almaz

HP: 43 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:01 pm   Reply with quote

HEY! DON'T FORGET ME AND POPPLE! WE'RE...SOMETHING ELSE! WE'RE LIKE...DIFFERENT AND STUFFS! *wavewave*

...okay, anyway, I agree with a lot of your platforms. It's a shame you won't win, you really are one of the best candidates with the most firm beliefs (and you also share my distaste for our admin)...*sigh*...
Temple of I    
Cid
Lord Krump

HP: 60 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:49 pm   Reply with quote

ShadowArticuno wrote:

He does bring up a good point, however. How, besides miscellaneous things such as finding a solution to spam, does your political platform differ from Cid/Goomba '08? (This does remind me of that edited "Rainbow Edition Rule-list" I made for Off-Topic that I posted in Command once, that, unfortunately, no one paid attention to or added to. I may ressurect and re-write that, to help give a broader sense of what is unacceptable for OT.)

Also, could you clarify on what you will do for the Economy? My campaign is striving for a free-market solution to the digibutter Economic crisis, such as designing new item types and supporting bonus revenue for shops that specialize in a particular kind of item. Forcing the use of coins, however, sounds more along the lines of a government-run monopoly and over-taxation.
The Highwind Goods Store    
Cherry
Vampire

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:22 pm   Reply with quote

Cid wrote:
Also, could you clarify on what you will do for the Economy? My campaign is striving for a free-market solution to the digibutter Economic crisis, such as designing new item types and supporting bonus revenue for shops that specialize in a particular kind of item. Forcing the use of coins, however, sounds more along the lines of a government-run monopoly and over-taxation.
This is the biggest problem with my campaign. This is one clear field where Digibutter doesn't know what it wants, which makes it harder to promise anything. After all, I don't want to promise anything the people don't want.

My general idea is quite similar to yours, I only mentioned forceful spending as an idea for extreme cases.

We could even put that old score system we had to some use, like for a hidden shop that uses score instead of coins.
Console Merchandise    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Elections