digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Think twice about who you vote for.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Elections
Poison
Super Postman
Jailed Vampire
Jailed

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 11

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:20 am   Reply with quote

What is the digibutter president, The president is a liaison appointed by the good people of digibutter. The President will have powers, but most importantly the president is a representation of the people.

What does this mean to you? Well Instead of hopelessly flailing in Feedback and suggestions hoping for Francis to at least read what you want. the President will be able to quickly bring these things to the attention of Francis. Allowing Francis to get things done quicker.

Depending on who you vote in will result in potentially a whirlwind of change for the better of digibutter. Yes this could mean you get more RP Alts. this could also mean you could get more freedom in off topic. Possibly even more site features! Your Choice will greatly impact the sites future!

now a lot of you are going to refuse to vote in order to be "cool" to be a "rebel" but if history teaches us anything you will be the people to complain first about the president not doing his or her job. do the site a favor and vote.

A majority of you are supporting a candidate out of a form of Cronyism.or something equally despicable. ( the infamous because they told me so) Don't That will make this a popularity contest ( not that it isn't one already) I for one want to see a qualified individual in office. Lets assume deep down inside you do as well.

to help you understand who you are voting for you are going to need to know who they are what they stand for and If and how they will help digibutter.

first ask yourself these questions

Issues: Where does my current Candidate Stand on the Issues, do the candidates views reflect my own?
Activity: Is My candidate active enough where it matters? does my Candidate know the community?
Incidents:Has my Candidate done anything to hurt digibutter? Do I think that candidate has changed for the better or for the worse?
Track Record: What has my candidate done for the community?
Trust: Can I trust the candidate I support to do things for the community?

then Ask yourself these questions

Issues: do any of the other candidates views on the issues. reflect mine more closely than my current candidate?
Activity: Are any other of the candidates active enough, do any of the other candidates know the community as well, better or worse than my current candidate?
Incidents: have any of the other candidates done anything to hurt digibutter, and do I think they changed for better or for worse? how does my Current Candidate look in comparison?
Track Record: What have the other candidates done for the community? Compared to my current Candidate
Trust: do I trust any of the other candidates to do things for the community? Do I trust them more than my current candidate?

After comparing candidates for awhile you might start to realize that your original choice isn't the best choice. or your faith may be renewed in your candidate.

You can still change your vote, just because you supported Candidate A at the beginning doesn't mean you have to keep supporting them. may I remind you Voting will be confidential.

Happy Voting!
Poison's Boutique    
Elite Nerr
Francis

HP: 50 MP: 3 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:24 am   Reply with quote

Very well put, and it applies to all elections, not just the one here at digibutter.nerr
Francis' Fort Garage Sale    
Yoshio
Yoshio

HP: 100 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:42 am   Reply with quote

my original choice was best

but your's may not be!

important topic read then rethink then vote
Yoshio's Toy Chest    
Paper Peach

HP: 14 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:29 pm   Reply with quote

I don't get what the hell the president is supposed to do, 'cause now I'm a bit confused. Francis's description seemed like the pres is a representative, hence the "Voice of the People." But everyone else is acting like their a new admin and are gonna add the stuff themselves.

Did I miss something?

The president isn't going to add this him/herself. Their feeding you lies if you believe them. Francis is the only on with the power to change the site's features, so it all has to go towards him. So what is the point of a president if the idea can only be made into reality when Francis decides to do so, and Francis can only do that when he's on..... To me it seems like the pres is just the middle man we can skip over.
Paper Peach's Shop    
Poison
Super Postman
Jailed Vampire
Jailed

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 11

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:48 pm   Reply with quote

Paper Peach wrote:
I don't get what the hell the president is supposed to do, 'cause now I'm a bit confused. Francis's description seemed like the pres is a representative, hence the "Voice of the People." But everyone else is acting like their a new admin and are gonna add the stuff themselves.

Did I miss something?

The president isn't going to add this him/herself. Their feeding you lies if you believe them. Francis is the only on with the power to change the site's features, so it all has to go towards him. So what is the point of a president if the idea can only be made into reality when Francis decides to do so, and Francis can only do that when he's on..... To me it seems like the pres is just the middle man we can skip over.

Any chance you get you should read the first two articles of this topic. k? Francis has stated the President will have control over "A few issues" meaning there is more than just a figurehead to this position.

They aren't a new admin, I'm not going to act like they are. but like it or not they are going to be highly influential to the process of digibutter.

But lets be frank here, Lets bring to the attention past cases of importance to digibutter. "Nametags Damn it"(? Block), "New Site Rules" (Mods & Members) and for good measure "more RP slots"(Rpot Regulars)

Francis has outright ignored public outcry for certain features/fixes. Its a democratic digitatorship. A President is not only the voice of the people but a good will of Francis. It wont change who is in charge but it will change how he who is in charge, governs.

It will help him do his job and make the site a lot better, This is why I'm trying to educate the people so its not just another popularity contest. I want someone who will actually be good for digibutter. Someone who will listen to the Issues and Unbiasedly Represent the people.

As one of the people who argues of the classism of digibutter, a president makes more sense than the current system. Digin00bs Will get equal representation as the seasoned veterans, the infamous will have equal representation of the Famous. under one man or woman
Poison's Boutique    
Mister I
Almaz

HP: 43 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:06 pm   Reply with quote

Beautifully spoken, like a true patriot. I applaud you in the only way I can: through trying to grow as a member and take your words to heart every moment possible. Thank you, Poison, for enlightening us with this absolutely beautiful work of art. Thank you so much.

Oh, and I view the president as "the guy/gal who can tell Francis like it is, and prioritize things." A cute little position that ranks between the Links and the Captain Falcons. So it's like Kirby when he copies Snake: strong, but sympathetic. Rugged, but caring. Intelligent, but fun-loving. And pure, but motivated.
Temple of I    
Token Nazi?
Zelnor

HP: 10 MP: 7 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:20 am   Reply with quote

It's a good thing that some people here still take this issue seriously, and not like a popularity contest, which it hopefully will not be. Also, it's good that the fog around the office of President has been cleared, because some people went head over heels promising things, just to get the position.

What I need to ask myself is - Why am I running for president ? Do I want to help the people, or do I want power ? Am I qualified ?

Oh, and Yoshio... There is something so wrong with your statement I cannot express it without my head exploding. Could you possibly reword that statement to something less... Oh, forget it, never mind.
Twilit Mall: Zelnor Mart    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Elections