digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

I'm thinking of giving up, lol.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Your Groups -> NaNoWriMo
MsDevin92

HP: 95 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:26 pm   Reply with quote

I'm too much of a fuss to write 50,000 words without going back and deleting everything because I want it to be perfect. I was just over 9,000 words when I realized I seemed to have taken a turn from subtle surrealism into heavy-on fantasy cliche that felt like a ripoff of every good material made ever. If I keep going, it will just feel like 50,000 words of garbage, but if I stop to make changes, I'll never finish it because I'm never satisfied with what I do.

So there goes my dream of being a writer, I guess.
MsDevin92's Bazaar    
that confounded bridge
Abstract
Vampire

HP: 82 MP: 10 Lives: 3

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:40 am   Reply with quote

Writing a novel in a month is quite the feat, anyway.

Exactly why I'm not doing it. I'm too much of a perfectionist.

Work at your own pace. If you make it in a month, then you make it in a month. A full novel can take even years to write. It's risky, as well.

Finish your novel. If you think it's good enough to get published, send it around to various publishers. You might just be able to earn yourself a little, or a lot of, cash.
some shop lol    
~A color is just a color~
Frozenwinters

HP: 1 MP: 0 Lives: 4

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:56 am   Reply with quote

Yeah, I don't think I'll be able to finish either. I have too much to work on. ( Tayl Stole the Precious Thing, I got a new Harvest Moon game, I have a job here, and school. )
The Carmadox Party    
See?
Popple

HP: 99 MP: 8 Lives: 10

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:27 am   Reply with quote

I don't even care if I finish.

I'm just using this as a motivator.

I will probably finish it eventually, just not on time.
Popple's Secret Hideout    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Your Groups