digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

The Detective Game - Rules and Entries topic
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Your Groups -> The Detective Game group
CFH
Ligador

HP: 100 MP: 6 Lives: 2

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:00 pm   Reply with quote

The Detective Game

Rules:

I – How does it work basically

The day the game starts, every player will get a PM mentioning whether they are innocent or part of a mafia.

The game will be divided in two periods until the end. They are the day and night (Which aren’t the actual days and nights from real life). At nights, I will write up a text showing the events that “took place” in said night, which include a mafia grunt killing a player. After the night, all the players will participate in a poll to determine who probably was the mafia guy/girl that attacked last night. The most voted by the end at the poll will be depicted being killed at the day, which is like the night, where I write up the events that “occurred”.

When attacking somebody, a mafia grunt will leave clues. It’s up to the players to find and interpret them.

The mafia will be formed by 8 players. Four grunts, three special grunts and a leader. After the day and before the night, the mafia leader will send me, CFH, a PM saying which player he/she intends to attack and which of the grunts will be sent to do it.

The special grunts, as well as some of the innocent players, will have special abilities to aid in the battle for victory. These act up either when the one with said power is attacked, or during the night, when the one with said power targets a fellow player to use the power on.

The innocents win the game when all the mafia players are dead. The mafia wins the game when half of the players alive are mafia players.

II – How does it work specifically

When the game starts, the mafia leader will send me a PM choosing one of his/her goons to attack. The target will be automatically set to a NPC, made to be a pawn to be killed in the first night. After that, the poll starts and everything goes on by.

The leader of the mafia can send himself/herself to attack, although it’s a rather risky move. If the mafia leader is about to get killed, they will be warned beforehand to pick a grunt to place the leadership on.

When an innocent with powers act up at night, they leave clues as well. Said powers will be listed later.

Clues only show up at night, and only relate to somebody using their powers. The clues can relate to about anything on the clue target – from username to join date, from signature to related fad.

If a player makes not a single post (Not even “I’m here!”) for three full periods (A day, a night and a poll, also not necessarily three consecutive full periods), they will have to be exchanged for somebody else. Anybody interested should PM me, CFH, to ask for the position.

If somebody with powers that need a PM to activate take too long to send the PM, their target will be chosen by random.org, which usually isn’t nice.

Again, the “day” and “night” periods aren’t literal when it comes to the poll and PM sending.

A player that was killed has the right to post once in the topic. It’s the “post-mortum-post”. Somebody who was killed, revived and then killed again has the right to two post-mortum-posts.

A quick and last reminder, before the last night, the only one who has to send a PM is the mafia leader. No other functions act up.

III – Functions

III.I – Mafia Player

A criminal group formed by eight people, infiltrated among other nineteen citizens. Their objective is to kill as much as they can and go unnoticed – although having to face the fact that everybody among the 27 people around knows that a mafia is undercover. But, initially, only a mafia player can tell for exact sure who is also a mafia player.

Observation: 27 people count the host and the NPC to be killed the first night among the 25 players.

III.I.I – Mafia Grunt

A lowly grunt with a hungry salary. Bears skills that ended up having to be put to criminal deeds, under the orders of a boss. Each grunt has their own number for identification without using names.

III.I.II – Special Mafia Grunt

A grunt among the mafia that has special skills to put to practice at their own will, as long as they abide by the mafia’s interests. There are three of them, each with their own special ability – all will be mentioned later.

III.I.III – Mafia Leader

A mastermind of crime, leading themselves and seven grunts in a lookout for victory. Before each night, the mafia leader picks a victim and a grunt to pull the attack off by sending CFH a PM.

III.II – Citizen

Eight common workers that have no special skills to put to practice, besides the common sense they must put to poll in order to aid the combat of crime.

III.III – Detective

A trained eye, skillful and quick, and most importantly, subtle. Before each night, they target somebody and send CFH a PM with said target. At night, they chase the target in order to somehow find out what is their function. REMEMBER, THE DETECTIVE MUST KEEP THEIR DISCOVERIES FOR THEMSELVES.

III.III.I – Special Mafia Grunt #1

Another trained eye, yet one that chose to put their skills to criminal affairs. Much like the common detective, they target somebody, then get to know their position. But, unlike the common detective, a mafia grunt #1 can share his discoveries to the fellow mafia. But only to them.

III.IV – Police Officer

Hero of the people, merciless to those who deserve no mercy. Will target somebody before the night through PM, and then will cold-bloodedly kill them.

III.V – Dogg

Yo, wussup, listen to me, man, you’re a G from the ghetto, and there, everyone knows how to put some losers down. So, before the night, you send a PM to the OG CFH with some punk on it so that you can just make the punk shut the **** up for the night.

III.V.I – Special Mafia Grunt #2

Also from the hood, this dog will instead use his abilities on taking people down to help the mafia.

III.VI – Bodyguard

Pumped arms, Hollywood style, punch the paparazzi. In this game, the bodyguard will target someone to keep an eye out for during the night. Any attempts to interact with the target, be it a mafia attack or a detective investigation, will be put a blunt end to. Yet it won’t tell the identity of the interacting one.

III.VII – Shadow Cape

Bearer of the cloak of invisibility. Having a kind behavior, they let somebody else borrow the cloak for a night. The cloak borrower will not leave any clues behind if they are putting a use to a special ability. The Shadow Cape also leaves no clue when they cloak somebody. However, their target is never revealed to public.

III.VIII – Angel

Possessing unimaginable powers, this player can revive fallen players. However, this power is limited – it can only be used twice throughout the game. The angel must PM me, CFH, every before-night to say whether they want to revive somebody or not, and if they want to, who. The angel can also foresee their own death, as CFH warns them of the incoming if it’s going to be by the night. If it’s by night, then they have the chance to use their power one last time, as long as they haven’t used it twice before.

III.IX – Armor

A genius who projected a super armor to be protected from the mafia. They can’t be killed – except if the poll votes them down.

III.X – Counter

A spirit burning with desire for vengeance. They will not tolerate an attempt to be taken down. If the mafia or the police officer tries to kill them, they will react killing them back. When killed by the poll, the counter will beforehand take down whoever was the first to vote them.

III.X.I – Special Mafia Grunt #3

A recognized grunt on the business, known by their agility of reaction. Upon attack, they will react the same way as the common counter.

III.XI – Loudspeaker

Chords of steel, screamo music fandom, a hyperactive spirit… Whatever is it, something is wrong with that person. However, this can come off handy for the people of good, because the loudspeaker reacts very… Loudly upon being attacked, revealing the identity of the killer. When killed by the poll, they give out the function of the first to vote.

IV. Very important rule

Never ever, in any case, give your function away. NEVER. EVER. The only people who are supposed to know other people’s functions before they die are:
a) Myself
b) The mafia players, who get to know who are the mafia players.
c) The detective and the special mafia grunt #2, who must keep their discoveries for themselves (Though the special mafia grunt #2 is allowed to share his discoveries with fellow mafia players).
Giving out your function in an inappropriate way and/or time will be punished by having the rule breaker kicked out of the game, and for so being depicted being killed at the next day or night.

However, mafia people are free to trick innocent players by lying on having a different role.

V. Priority and function list

For clearups, I made two lists. One of them shows what people with certain functions are supposed to do before the night and after the day. The other one shows the order in which each action will take place first at night.

Function list:
Mafia leader chooses a victim and a killer (Among the mafia ranks).
The citizens, optionally, vote the citizen poll, a question that is made at the day, with results shown at night.
Detective and Special Mafia Grunt #1 pick a target to investigate.
Police Officer picks a target to kill.
Dogg and Special Mafia Grunt #2 pick a target to take down.
Bodyguard and Shadow Cape pick a target to protect.
Angel picks whether to revive somebody or not, and in positive case, who is to be revived.
All of these actions should be made by sending me, CFH, a PM. Additionally, it is not recommended to put your function’s name as the PM subject.

Priority list:

Angel
Shadow Cape
Bodyguard
Dogg
Special Mafia Grunt #2
Mafia Leader (“Cut scene” depicting the mafia leader picking one of the mafia ranks to do the deed)
Detective
Special Mafia Grunt #1
Mafia Player chosen the Mafia Leader

Also, when a player who has a function to perform is revived, they are warned beforehand to pick a target. And if the angel doesn’t PM me saying whether to revive or not, this will be decided by random.org as well, so watch out.

VI. How do I get in the game?

All you need to do is join The Detective Game’s user group, and then post on the inscriptions topic. The functions are dealt to each player by random, so, don’t try to pick which one you’ll have.

For the ones who are in, good luck and good game.

i am the sandwich
Vid Inferno
Vampire

HP: 73 MP: 0 Lives: 7

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:14 pm   Reply with quote

Ah, I cannot wait for this to begin. I was really eager for the first one. Joined.
Anti-Francis Mart    
LIL BLUE VS. BIG BLUE
Crappy Blue Luigi
Vampire

HP: 95 MP: 7 Lives: 2

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:17 pm   Reply with quote

I joined before, and I join again.
Paradeem 8    
Mister I
Almaz

HP: 43 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:47 pm   Reply with quote

Nyeknyeknyeknyeknyek...

Joined. Whoopie!
Temple of I    
Elzilcho
ohclizlE
Burning Vampire

HP: 94 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:14 pm   Reply with quote

Haha, I hope this gets popular! ^^
Join'd.
And I might start advertising this via Bumpers Shifty
Z.I.L.C.H.    
RaveRaze
Mana7
Dead
Dead

HP: 0 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:18 pm   Reply with quote

This is gonna be super amazing fun
Choco's    
CFH
Ligador

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:49 pm   Reply with quote

WOO YEAH WE'RE ON THE SPOTLIGHT

BTW, join The Detective Game.
Actions
Searchlight was used on this post.

Psst...
Die4Less
Vampire

HP: 95 MP: 0 Lives: 2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:52 pm   Reply with quote

Yes, I think I might enjoy this...

Although I really want to be the Mafia Leader...
Die4Less Corp.    
CFH
Ligador

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:56 pm   Reply with quote

We still have some people that joined the group but didn't post here. I post in behalf of them to register them in place of themselves. If any of these listed below disagree, speak up (Although you can't assure whether they all will actually see this).
- LudwigVonKoopa
- Megamaw
- Bonechillz

EDITing to say: No problem, Megamaw. Also, Bonechillz left the group.

Last edited by Ligador on Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

Megamaw
Vampire

HP: 5 MP: 7 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:00 pm   Reply with quote

Sorry, I was rereading this. WOO LET'S GET THIS THIS STARTED
Knick-Knack Shack    
Simsmagic
Aggrieved
Vampire

HP: 28 MP: 1 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:04 pm   Reply with quote

Sounds like fun. I'm in.
Gorgeon's Weapons Shop    
CFH
Ligador

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:53 pm   Reply with quote

I ADVERTISE.

Guyse, this game is good. Join.
Actions
Searchlight was used on this post.

I TROL U
Mantis15

HP: 100 MP: 3 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:55 pm   Reply with quote

I JOIN PLX?
Actions
Relations 'R' Us    
RaveRaze
Mana7
Dead
Dead

HP: 0 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:03 pm   Reply with quote

Is this the inscription topic?
Choco's    
CFH
Ligador

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:31 am   Reply with quote

Mecha Miku wrote:
Is this the inscription topic?
Yes. Once we get 25 people in (Or 23 if needed), I'll make another thread, where the game actually takes place.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Your Groups