digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Lament

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Your Creations
Strawberry-san
Celeste Dimentia

HP: 100 MP: 0 Lives: 3

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:56 am   Reply with quote

A night sky hangs above, stained red. The crimson light illuminates rolling rainclouds and casts a long silhouette behind the one living person who has remained within this dead city.

"This is why I abandoned dreams a long time ago." The figure whispers through a cloth mask; the sound of his voice is lost in the rain, which mercilessly hammers the earth, water flooding into the many cracks that line the city's streets.

The man's steel gray eyes turn upwards, taking in the glowing red veins streaked across the dark heavens. This was the lament of the city, and its people - and soon, the entire world would cry, drowning the fools who had brought this all upon themselves. Dreams had come true at last.

"Your heart is closed; one might say you are nothing more than a shell. Someone with no defining feeling or purpose. Might it be better if the world we live in was the very same?"

"You were right," said the man quietly, closing his eyes. Now everyone would suffer. Or would they? There might still be hope... the smallest ray of light...

"I did tell you, Aedris," came another voice, louder, and quit clear despite the steady tattoo of pounding rain. "I told you what you already knew, but have refused to accept - until now."

Aedris showed no indication of surprise as the voice spoke near to him, but remained standing where he was in momentary silence, his eyes still closed. Then—

"It was you that I did not believe," said Aedris calmly. "The idea that the dreams of man could be made into a reality... it inspired both fear and wonder. Yet I knew it to be impossible, until yesterday. That is when I opened my eyes - and my heart."

"So," replied the stranger, who had appeared at first as dark vapor, but now had assumed the form of a man in sweeping black robes. "Have you found your purpose?"

"I'm not going to discover it alone. However, I know this much..." Aedris opened his eyes again, turning to face the robed man and speaking as clearly as he could over the pouring rain. "Not every dream is born from an evil heart. There is still Light, and it is our only hope against the Darkness. It will never eclipse this world while that Light remains."

"I suppose I've underestimated you. This is going to be funner than I had first expected it to be..." When the robed figure spoke, his tone sounded almost eager. "You're not all clueless, are you? You must know what this is really about."

Aedris nodded, his expression blank despite the sudden hammering of his heart against his ribs, that feeling of wonder and fear returning in full force as the answer came to mind.

"Kingdom Hearts."

I dunno, I was bored so I wrote it. =P
Dimension D    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Your Creations