digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

All the enemies are WAAAAAYYYY too strong
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Your Groups -> Guild Wars
Shadow Kingdom
Spell Seal
Burning

HP: 80 MP: 0 Lives: 3

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:52 pm   Reply with quote

Seriously.
DISGUISE KIT    
Super ShadowArticuno

HP: 99 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:24 pm   Reply with quote

Only the Torment Creatures near the end of nightfall and monsters in Domain of Anguish and Underworld are terribly hard in Normal mode. :/
A Bucket of Stuff    
Bartz Klauser
BAMFing ARCHER
Werewolf

HP: 100 MP: 5 Lives: 4

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:33 pm   Reply with quote

Do you add henchmen? And you always want to have one or one hero monk, and as many henchmen monks as possible if you're hero/henching it.

And if you're soloing stuff, that just comes with practice.

And SA: The UW and Deep has some pretty hard stuff. Not sure about Urgoz though.
The Town of Lix    
Shadow Kingdom
Spell Seal
Burning

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:04 pm   Reply with quote

Zetta, the Necromancer wrote:
Do you add henchmen? And you always want to have one or one hero monk, and as many henchmen monks as possible if you're hero/henching it.

And if you're soloing stuff, that just comes with practice.

And SA: The UW and Deep has some pretty hard stuff. Not sure about Urgoz though.
Yes, I have henchmen. I always bring a Monk with me. And I'm early in the factions campaign. Five monsters two levels below me should not be able to kick the asses of six level 13s.
DISGUISE KIT    
Black Yoshi
Vampire

HP: 31 MP: 10 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:35 am   Reply with quote

What monsters are committing said asskickery, and what sort of build are you using?

Also, what's your IGN? :U
The Domain of Secrets    
Shadow Kingdom
Spell Seal
Burning

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:11 pm   Reply with quote

Black Yoshi wrote:
What monsters are committing said asskickery, and what sort of build are you using?

Some infected things, I think. Or was it those things by the cave leading to the lagoon? I'm using whatever damn build I feel like using. Also, IGN?
DISGUISE KIT    
Ocelot
Twytch

HP: 100 MP: 1 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:38 pm   Reply with quote

Augustus Cole wrote:
Black Yoshi wrote:

Some infected things, I think. Or was it those things by the cave leading to the lagoon? I'm using whatever damn build I feel like using. Also, IGN?

IGN = In-Game Name

The reason you think the game is hard is because you're not countering the abilities of your enemies. If you rush in there with just a set of skills thrown down on your bar instead of taking time to decide what would work the best for you, of course you're going to complain.
Outer Heaven    
Black Yoshi
Vampire

HP: 31 MP: 10 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:54 pm   Reply with quote

Augustus Cole wrote:
Black Yoshi wrote:

Afflicted. The little pricks have Elite Skills at low levels and they explode when you kill them, especially if you are an Elementalist standing next to them when they go boom.
The Domain of Secrets    
Shadow Kingdom
Spell Seal
Burning

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:00 pm   Reply with quote

Ocelot wrote:
Augustus Cole wrote:
Black Yoshi wrote:

IGN = In-Game Name

The reason you think the game is hard is because you're not countering the abilities of your enemies. If you rush in there with just a set of skills thrown down on your bar instead of taking time to decide what would work the best for you, of course you're going to complain.
Well, sorry that I don't have a thousand hours to devote to coming up with a build to kill common enemies. WoW never pulls this shit.
DISGUISE KIT    
Ocelot
Twytch

HP: 100 MP: 1 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:24 pm   Reply with quote

Augustus Cole wrote:
Ocelot wrote:
Augustus Cole wrote:
Black Yoshi wrote:

IGN = In-Game Name

Well, sorry that I don't have a thousand hours to devote to coming up with a build to kill common enemies. WoW never pulls this shit.

Because WoW is only centered around having the best gear and weapons?

OH SHIT GUYS, I GOTTA USE STRATEGY INSTEAD OF STATS WHAT THE *crag* DO I DO
Outer Heaven    
Shadow Kingdom
Spell Seal
Burning

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:26 pm   Reply with quote

Ocelot wrote:
Augustus Cole wrote:
Ocelot wrote:
Augustus Cole wrote:
Black Yoshi wrote:

IGN = In-Game Name

Because WoW is only centered around having the best gear and weapons?

OH SHIT GUYS, I GOTTA USE STRATEGY INSTEAD OF STATS WHAT THE *crag* DO I DO
No, I just prefer goin through all that strategery on the battlefield. I also prefer finding just one thing that works in nearly all situations, rather than find a million things that work in one situation each.
DISGUISE KIT    
Bartz Klauser
BAMFing ARCHER
Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:23 pm   Reply with quote

Shadow Kingdom wrote:
No, I just prefer goin through all that strategery on the battlefield. I also prefer finding just one thing that works in nearly all situations, rather than find a million things that work in one situation each.
Not really. You don't usually have to do that. You're build usually uses the same skills, and you may shift out one or two depending on the mission. Like my SS necro build, I've used it for UW farming with Black, SA and Ocelot, And my Dragon Slash build, which I used alongside my axe build to beat EoTN. Also: I've only unlocked about 1/7th of all skills in game.
The Town of Lix    
Shadow Kingdom
Spell Seal
Burning

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:28 pm   Reply with quote

Shadow Kingdom wrote:
Not really. You don't usually have to do that. You're build usually uses the same skills, and you may shift out one or two depending on the mission. Like my SS necro build, I've used it for UW farming with Black, SA and Ocelot, And my Dragon Slash build, which I used alongside my axe build to beat EoTN. Also: I've only unlocked about 1/7th of all skills in game.
Well, they need to stop phrasing it like I need to make a build for every damn quest. My build worked just fine until I had to go to the damned Lagoon and that general area. Let me stab the **** out of things while stayin protected from harm. Elementalist/Assassin probably isn't the combination I want, though it is pretty cool.
DISGUISE KIT    
Bartz Klauser
BAMFing ARCHER
Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:58 am   Reply with quote

Shadow Kingdom wrote:
Shadow Kingdom wrote:
Well, they need to stop phrasing it like I need to make a build for every damn quest. My build worked just fine until I had to go to the damned Lagoon and that general area. Let me stab the **** out of things while stayin protected from harm. Elementalist/Assassin probably isn't the combination I want, though it is pretty cool.
It may be pretty nice, but it's not as good a combination when compared to Elementalist/Mesmer, Elementalist/Monk(hard res), Elementalist/Rit.

It'll get easier after your first character, since you can get Tomes to get skills that you can unlock. I'll just post the most effective combinations for classes.

Warrior: W/Mo, W/E, W/N, W/R, W/P
Ranger: R/Mo (Never really played a ranger)
Monk: Mo/E(Again, never played a monk, but the energy management skills would be useful) A Mo/Rt also has a huge number of hard resses.
Necromancer: N/Mo for MM's or 55 necros, N/Me for SS necros, N/E for the IV spiker build.
Mesmer : Me/Mo for resses, Me/E for energy management/fast cast nukers
Elementalists: E/Mo for self heals, E/Me for nukers.
Assassin : A/W is a decent combination, A/P for defensive stuff, but the most common is A/D, which is a great class combo for running.
Ritualist: Rt/N is often used as a powerful Minion Master build, and Rt/Mo is used as a strong healing build.
Paragon: P/W or P/R are really the only useful ones.
Dervish: D/W is useful for Wild Blow, D/Rt is good for Splinter Weapon, haven't really experimented with dervs.

Edit: You usually want to invest in more than one build though. For example, a nuker may be very powerful for the whole of the Prophecies campaign, but when they get to the Ring of Fire Islands, they won't be able to do much, unless they're a E/R with Winter, but we're not gonna use that. I've invested in several builds(such as BiP, MM, SS IV, WoD, Evis, Shatterstone, SH, and etc.)

The Town of Lix    
Shadow Kingdom
Spell Seal
Burning

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:37 pm   Reply with quote

I think I want something more along the lines of Assassin with some other profession's skills to compliment the Assassin skills.
DISGUISE KIT    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Your Groups