digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Recent Update broke things?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Your Groups -> ROBLOX
Wacko McGoose
Launching Star
Jailed
Jailed

HP: 10 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:39 pm   Reply with quote

I think one of the recent updates (the kind they DON'T talk about on the Roblog, updates that don't add any new features) may have caused a lot of places to break. Because the way Freezie Mountain Galaxy is working in Online Mode is NOT how I designed it, and NOT how it behaved in Edit Mode!

Anyway, one of the easiest (and probably funnest) sbemails to recreate in Roblox would be #118, "virus" (but on Roblox, it will be cauued "scripting error"). There is SO much potential for this sort of thing, especially given how cragged the game engine has become. The workhorse of the "glitchy" scripts would most likely be the math.random() function, with different random numbers triggering different results (from things like your body being randomly Mesh-resized to every player and NPC in the Workspace cloned, and maybe even the spontanious appearance of black holes). Things like a cannon or Launch Star would have the script work the way it's supposed to, but fly to the path target bricks in an obscure order, eventually leaving you in midair to fall into Hammerspace (where characters pull things out of, and where The Paper is rumored to live).

Geez, can't I make a single post in this topic WITHOUT a wall-o-text? Strong Bad has a Long-Email-Deleter program on the Lappy that would definitely DELETED! this post, but this is a forum, not a sbemail.
Wacko's BURNINATED Gag Shop    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Your Groups