digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Meteos Strategy Guide (Part 1)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Gaming
Psst...
Die4Less
Vampire

HP: 95 MP: 0 Lives: 2

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 4:55 pm   Reply with quote

I know there are a few Meteos players out there, so as an intro to my Walkthroughs/Strategy Guides, I shall cover this game. This time, I will showcase the 4 starting planets. (All Counts are %. Levels of Difficulty are as follows: Beginner, Novice, Intermediate, Advanced, Pro.)

Geolyte
Difficulty: Beginner
Meteo Counts:
Air: 100
Fire: 100
Water: 100
Soil: 100
Zoo: 50
Special Meteo: Soul
Horizontal Boost Power: Medium
Secondary Boost Power: Medium
Vertical Boost Power: High
Needs Fusion: No

Geolyte is recommemded by me for any first time players, as it has the most normal physics compared to other planets. The stacks fall slowly, there are few colors to worry about. It has normal offensive power, and normal defensive power. It's just normal, and nothing special. There isn't much to explain here, which is why it's such a good "Jump Into the Game" planet.

Firim
Difficulty: Advanced
Meteo Counts:
Air: ~25
Fire: 100
Soil: ~25
Iron: ~25
Zap: ~25
Special Meteo: Time
Horizontal Boost Power: Medium-High
Secondary Boost Power: Medium-High
Vertical Boost Power: Instant

The narrow width and rapid speed of Firim makes it a great place to launch attacks against your enemies. Just beware the larger planets overwhelming with their larger meteo stacks as it doesn't take much to fill the board. Suffers from a bit of an inferiority complex as Layazero is superior in nearly all aspects.

Oleana
Difficulty: Pro
Meteo Counts:
Air: 75
Fire (Fire on a Water Planet... Wut?): 75
Water: 100
Zap: 75
Herb: 75
Special Meteo: Time
Horizontal Boost Power: Low
Secondary Boost Power: Low-None
Vertical Boost Power: Low-None

Oleana, this is a planet to avoid as it has nothing going for it... nothing at all. Poor boost power, and slow speed make a double whammy, as it is quickly overwhelmed by the likes of Gigagush, and Firim. Is infinitely inferior to Florias (which is still a sucky planet).

Anasaze
Difficulty: Novice
Meteo Counts:
Air: 50
Fire: 50
Soil: 100
Iron: 50
Zoo: ~25
Special Meteo: Soul
Horizontal Boost Power: High
Secondary Boost Power: Low-None
Vertical Boost Power: High

Anasaze would be a superior choice, but lack of good secondary boosts means that it is outclassed by the likes of Geolyte and Starii. It's still a good planet, but unless your hunting for Soil meteos, Starii and Geolyte are better places to go.

Part 1, and 4 planets, done. Next time, I'll showcase 4 more. These ones will require fusion, so I shall give out the amounts of meteos it takes to make them. If you haven't already bought Meteos, do so, and BUY IT! It's a great game that was sadly ignored.
Die4Less Corp.    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Gaming