digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Is there a way to disable keys on my keyboard?
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Hi-Technical Support
Elzilcho
ohclizlE
Burning Vampire

HP: 94 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:15 pm   Reply with quote

I keep accidently press the Windows key (inb4Paula) which kicks me out of whatever fullscreen game I'm playing :<
Z.I.L.C.H.    
lolwut
Sinani201

HP: 100 MP: 0 Lives: 4

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:19 pm   Reply with quote

In the software that came with your keyboard, there should be a way to disable it. However, if you have a Windows, you'll regret doing that if the mouse is frozen, because then bye bye start menu for you! Smile
Starcraft I Units    
Bartz Klauser
BAMFing ARCHER
Werewolf

HP: 100 MP: 5 Lives: 4

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:46 pm   Reply with quote

I know that problem. Actually, mine is simillar, but it's Alt+Tab, which is just as annoying. But I just click on whatever I'm using and shrug it off.

Here's a suggestion: Hotkey everything away from the Windows key.
The Town of Lix    
Black Yoshi
Vampire

HP: 31 MP: 10 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:48 pm   Reply with quote

This will really help if I disable it... I have died countless times in GW thanks to the Windows button.
The Domain of Secrets    
Elzilcho
ohclizlE
Burning Vampire

HP: 94 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:57 pm   Reply with quote

@Sinani: I don't think mine came with any softwwaare, and I can't disable it through Control Panel. But thanks for helping anyway.

@Bartz: I don't think we're on the same page. I mean, say for example, I want to press Ctrl in-game to crouch or whatever, but I accidently press the Windows key, which closes down my game temporarily. Either that or I misread your post sorry lol~

@Black: Yeah same, expect with TF2 x.x
Z.I.L.C.H.    
Negi-chama
Super Tsuki
Vampire

HP: 100 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:01 pm   Reply with quote

I've actually only pressed that button once on my own computer, and it was to find out what the hell it did. lolz
Also, full screen is fail on my computer, it makes it lag REAL bad. Like, with spore, one step was like, five seconds. ;o;
Junk shop    
Bartz Klauser
BAMFing ARCHER
Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:50 pm   Reply with quote

Elzilcho wrote:
@Sinani: I don't think mine came with any softwwaare, and I can't disable it through Control Panel. But thanks for helping anyway.

@Bartz: I don't think we're on the same page. I mean, say for example, I want to press Ctrl in-game to crouch or whatever, but I accidently press the Windows key, which closes down my game temporarily. Either that or I misread your post sorry lol~

Yup. you'd want to change the hotkeys/controls. If you shift the controls away from the Windows key, it's a lot easier.
The Town of Lix    
High Priestess Paula
Count_Bleck

HP: 30 MP: 2 Lives: 9

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:01 pm   Reply with quote

Elzilcho wrote:
I keep accidently press the Windows key (inb4Paula) which kicks me out of whatever fullscreen game I'm playing :<
I got inb4'd.

anyways, I dunno.

Also why am I the only person thought of in relation to Macs?
PQ, and megamaw and ludwig use them too.
Lapin Angelique    
The Axolotl Sympathist
Geno
Werewolf

HP: 100 MP: 4 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:07 pm   Reply with quote

I wish I could disable it as well, I've died in WoW a bazillion times because of it... It takes about 3 minutes for my desktop to become usable after it's pressed while in a game, so I die a lot no matter what I play.

And, I always press it at the most inconvenient moments... It's too close to Shift.
Geno's Tree    
Bartz Klauser
BAMFing ARCHER
Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:52 am   Reply with quote

Geno wrote:
I wish I could disable it as well, I've died in WoW a bazillion times because of it... It takes about 3 minutes for my desktop to become usable after it's pressed while in a game, so I die a lot no matter what I play.

And, I always press it at the most inconvenient moments... It's too close to Shift.
That's a big problem. In PvP in GW, I often go out 'cause I press that instead of Ctrl or Shift(whichever one shows all enemies within radar range)
The Town of Lix    
Fat Tuper
lovegod703

HP: 10 MP: 6 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:52 am   Reply with quote

Buy a Mac...
Milton Games    
Paper Peach

HP: 14 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:30 am   Reply with quote

SharpKeys. It reroutes your key to another key. So if you hit the windows button, It would be shift instead. Also makes good pranks when you make the space bar eject Very Happy
Paper Peach's Shop    
Bartz Klauser
BAMFing ARCHER
Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:33 am   Reply with quote

Paper Peach wrote:
SharpKeys. It reroutes your key to another key. So if you hit the windows button, It would be shift instead. Also makes good pranks when you make the space bar eject Very Happy
You're giving me a really good idea to mess up my sister's computer REALLY badly awesome
The Town of Lix    
Paper Peach

HP: 14 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:00 am   Reply with quote

Bartz Klauser wrote:
Paper Peach wrote:
You're giving me a really good idea to mess up my sister's computer REALLY badly awesome

Doo eet!!

Just make sure you can still change it back lol
Paper Peach's Shop    
Bartz Klauser
BAMFing ARCHER
Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:04 am   Reply with quote

Paper Peach wrote:
Bartz Klauser wrote:
Paper Peach wrote:

Doo eet!!

Just make sure you can still change it back lol
Yeah.
The Town of Lix    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Hi-Technical Support