digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Super Smash Bros. Battle Royale?
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Medikoopa
Vampire

HP: 100 MP: 1 Lives: 3

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:04 pm   Reply with quote

As a curiosity, I decided to think about what new characters would be used when the next game in the Super Smash Bros series is in development. And before you ask, the name of the game I came up with using the combat-based titles. Combat would be too much like Mortal Kombat and none of the other words seemed decent.

Considering their habit of using character that they could not use for whatever reasons in prior games, using the "hack-data file name" theories regarding unused characters in Brawl, Dixie Kong, Mewtwo, Pulsie and Minun, Roy (argued as to whether it is Roy Campbell of Metal Gear or Roy from Fire Emblem), and Toon Zelda/Shiek.

Bearing this in mind and all the already used characters, I figure that at least these characters would be used:

K. Rule from Donkey Kong (with other Kremlings as color swaps), Panther (or another of Starwolf), possibly Toon Ganondorf, and maybe Ridley (with Metal Ridley as an alternate costume). It'd be neat if Marx was in the game, as he'd have an unusual moveset and a really cool Final Smash in the form of his boss appearance. I bet you that there will be another Pokemon, but I'm not sure what due to the sheer number of them.

For F-Zero, I think that its high-time Captain Falcon got a rival of his own in the fray. Perhaps Samurai Goroh? Any other racer, apart from "Young Captain Falcon" and Blood Falcon would do.

As for levels, I think that there would at least be a stage for all of the new characters and (I really hope) there could be a Dark Land Castle stage.

Dinner's ready so I'll leave this off here. So basically, what I'm saying is "what do you think will happen in the next Super Smash Bros. game?"
Dark Land Supply Store    
High Priestess Paula
Count_Bleck

HP: 30 MP: 2 Lives: 9

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:15 pm   Reply with quote

Let me just comment on the
"Dixie Kong, Mewtwo, Pulsie and Minun, Roy, and Toon Zelda/Shiek."
thing.

Dixie Kong would really make no difference to me, I would love mewtwo back, Plusle and minun would be a New double team character which would be pretty epic, if roy was the one from Fire Emblem that'd be epic... And Toon Zelda/Tetra would be pretty awesome though instead of Shiek.
Lapin Angelique    
Fat Tuper
lovegod703

HP: 10 MP: 6 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:25 pm   Reply with quote

Black Shadow, for sure.

K. Rule is a shoe-in

I think Lyn has a small chance of making it.

The comet observatory should be a stage, no doubt.

I think they'll put some N64, Melee, and Brawl stages in.

I think that there's no doubt they're going to at least try to get Geno in, again.

They should have more alternate costumes, like Mario in the Sung;asses and that tropical shirt. Or like Shadow or Silver, with Sonic. And definitely Mr. L, with Luigi.

I think they'll have Pok駑on Rival, with Turtwig, Combusken, and Feraligatr, to match up with Pok駑on Trainer.

FRANCIS (If they're smart, he'll be in as more than just a trophy)

They're almost definitely going to put Mewtwo back in, and they might put Roy back. And if they have the holographic thing by then, then there's no doubt there's going to be Mewtwo, Roy, Pichu and Dr. Mario back.

They'll probably have Toad. It's taken 10+ years to think of a moveset, it better be good.

And hopefully, they'll add one or two characters that didn't originate from a video game. (Hopes for GIR, knowing it's going to be Captain N...)

覧覧覧覧覧>awesome
Milton Games    
Negi-chama
Super Tsuki
Vampire

HP: 100 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:02 pm   Reply with quote

I think that instead of Toon Zelda/Shiek, it should be Toon Zelda/Tetra, since well, Tetra would make Toon Zelda different, and Shiek doesn't exist in WW. o3o
Junk shop    
Nintendo Zealot
Warlord_Mike

HP: 99 MP: 7 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:33 am   Reply with quote

Not to toot my own horn, but I made a topic for future character movesets.

Mewtwo: F^$% YES
Lyn: Dunno
Roy: *shrug* I guess
Toon Ganondorf: Meh.
Francis: Above-mentioned topic has what I feel would be a good moveset for him. Smile
K.Rool: Neutral I don't know how he'd work, as cool as he sounds.
Goroh: Damn straight he should be in. Deathborn would also be rather awesome, better than Black Shadow, even.
Plusle and Minun: Erm...hmm...not sure.

I'd also like to submit...

Syrup, because we haven't seen enough of her, plus Smash Bros. needs more @$$-kicking females.

Krystal, if she's not a Fox/Falco/Wolf clone.

Tails. Dude.

If Snake returns, maybe we could see Liquid or Solidus as well?

Other than that, can't think of much else.[/url]

Flavio
Vampire

HP: 4 MP: 7 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:47 am   Reply with quote

Megaman and Roll, end of topic.
R!T!E!M! A store of pure win    
Psst...
Die4Less
Vampire

HP: 95 MP: 0 Lives: 2

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:48 am   Reply with quote

I would say Krystal, but she would be another Fox/Falco/Wolf clone. (Violet Landmaster Anyone?)

I would say Rosalina, but she would just be another Peach/Zelda clone. (Luma would be Toad, she can use Magic, etc.)

I will say Geno, because the Geno Beam would be an awesome Final Smash. (Srsly, stop being so selfish Square.)

I will say King K. Rool, because, let's admit it, he's one of the more awesome bosses, and the DK series needs more Reps. (Come on, Bowser and Mario, Link and Ganondorf, now we need DK and King K. Rool.)

I will say Plusle & Minun, because the Ice Climbers need a counterpart. (Massive Thundercloud = Final Smash Anyone?)

That's all for now...
Die4Less Corp.    
Fat Tuper
lovegod703

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:48 am   Reply with quote

I also forgot to say Krystal and Megaman

覧覧覧覧覧>awesome
Milton Games    
Yoshi
Vampire

HP: 60 MP: 6 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:09 am   Reply with quote

Warlord_Mike wrote:

Yes, but people these days are too freakin' lazy to make a moveset for their suggestion. They'd rather just say it.
PSI and more    
I see what you are doing.
Lord Vaati

HP: 99 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:12 am   Reply with quote

Hopefully I can get a few people to talk them into adding Vaati ether as a character, an assist, or a trophy.

The others are ok but why not a Zelda villain that is not a copy of Captain Falcon?

Yes I was speaking of Ganondorf.
Dark World Shop of Magic    
Fat Tuper
lovegod703

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:29 am   Reply with quote

Vaati wrote:
Hopefully I can get a few people to talk them into adding Vaati ether as a character, an assist, or a trophy.

The others are ok but why not a Zelda villain that is not a copy of Captain Falcon?

Yes I was speaking of Ganondorf.
I already said Vaati.

YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT MY OPINIONS? D:

覧覧覧覧覧>awesome
Milton Games    
oar
Super Maiq the Liar

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:07 am   Reply with quote

Krystal(Staff-wielding, probably wearing Assault armor for easier colors/censorship)

Magikoopa(The "Yoshi" series needs more than one damn character)

Mega Man(Seriously, there are like 1000 moves you could use for him)

Zero(Megaman Zero edition, with MMX Zero as an alt. costume)

Marina Liteyears(Just imagine all the shaking!)

Geno, Captain K. Rool(alt. costume = Pirate outfit), and Paper Mario for obvious reasons.
Tamriellic Titles    
Nintendo Zealot
Warlord_Mike

HP: 99 MP: 7 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:33 pm   Reply with quote

Yoshi wrote:
Warlord_Mike wrote:
Yes, but people these days are too freakin' lazy to make a moveset for their suggestion. They'd rather just say it.

Sad, yet often true. Sad

Maiq the Liar wrote:
Krystal(Staff-wielding, probably wearing Assault armor for easier colors/censorship)

Kamek(The "Yoshi" series needs more than one damn character)

Mega Man(Seriously, there are like 1000 moves you could use for him)

Zero(Megaman Zero edition, with MMX Zero as an alt. costume)

Marina Liteyears(Just imagine all the shaking!)

Geno, Kaptain K. Rool(alt. costume = Pirate outfit), and Paper Mario for obvious reasons.

Fix'd. Also, don't forget the Scientist outfit for K.Rool, as Baron K.Roolenstein from DKC3.

Paper Mario might work as an assist trophy, I'm thinking, as could Bowser Jr.

Making movesets for both wouldn't be too difficult, though. Wink

OH GOD
Manpersonguything
Werewolf

HP: 100 MP: 8 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:57 pm   Reply with quote

Animal crosser.
side B: Pull item out of pocket. Depending on the item, changes damage. Most likely a fish.

Up B: Fires a slingshot thing. Chance it could fire 2 rocks. No recovery but he can

Down B: Digs a hole others can fall in.

B: Net hit.

Final smash: Throws a leaf that when hits the ground, turns into large furniture that sends people flying.

As for Marx, Final smash would be going down, with a yellow portal thing. You can move it left to right. He flys out of it damaging everyone like in Kirby super star.

I also say yoshi should be able to switch to carrying baby Mario. I dunno.
TWEWY Pins    
CFH
Ligador

HP: 100 MP: 6 Lives: 2

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:43 pm   Reply with quote

First thing to consider, Nintendo likes to put some emphasis on the last big Mario game that came out. Since they didn't do it in Brawl, the next Mario is pretty much destined to bring a lot of Galaxy influences.

I don't think the Plusle/Minun combo is an idea likely to happen, specially given the way most the Pok駑on fandom and the production thinks. The fandom usually has orgasms for the first gen, and the production, for the latest, which at least currently is the fourth.

Taking the statement above into consideration, I think some of the likeliest Pok駑on to show up, if any actually shows up, are these: Dragonite, Mew, Pachirisu (Probably would be a Pikachu clone, at least a little bit), Roserade (Not very likely though), Garchomp, Palkia and Dialga (Either separated, or both in one character, like Zelda and Sheik). And there is something that makes me think Salamence also has a very slight chance as well. Though if up until the next Brawl one more generation comes out, then the "coolest" Pok駑on from there will become a lot likelier than all I listed.

K. Rool is a character whose appearance has been demanded in various crossover games, but since DK stopped getting big cool adventures, I don't think he would get a priority over characters like Dixie. Maybe he can make it to assist trophy, though.

I never played Metroid so I can't say a lot about Ridley, other than he would do a good job giving Metroid more space in-game. They've always had a good amount of stages and such, but only one character (/1,5/2 with Brawl).

I also agree with getting one more F-Zero character in the group. I never really played F-0 either, but, from what I have seen, I'm pretty sure one more would be a kickass (almost) matching Falcon's.

I agree with Megaman being put in, but I'm not sure whether the next game would have more third-parties. Heck, there's not even any way to assure they will keep Sonic and Snake in the roster, let alone add more characters from their respective series.

And, lastly, Paper Mario would be a good idea, but not a likely one.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Super Smash Bros. Brawl