digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Official Discussion of Alteration
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Your Groups -> Oress Plot
(:
Tayl

HP: 98 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:07 pm   Reply with quote

If you don't know what I'm talking about, read my last few posts in the Castle Oress topic.

So, what should we do, then?

It's up to you guys. I was bored so I made a pros and cons list;

Big, Complex Plot Pros
-Probably won't get as bored.
-Plenty of different places to go with the plot.
-Deeper understanding of characters.
-It'll probably be longer.

Big, Complex Plot Cons
-Hard to understand without explanation (which would be difficult for me to do).
-Might confuse old members and intimidate new members.
-Too many characters and plot points to keep track of.
-Might get dull and drawn out after a while.
-It'll take a long time for me to progress the plot due to limited time.

Simple Plot Pros
-Easy to get along with.
-Less dependant on me.
-Less characters and plot points to keep track of.
-Simplistic, fun, and entertaining characters rather than dark, moody, over-complex characters.
-More welcoming to new members, more relaxing for old members.

Simple Plot Cons
-Might end up being shorter than previously desired.
-Might wind up boring people.
-Won't be as fulfilling as completing a long, complex plot.
-Castle Oress could get even more off-topic.

Plot Drop?
Here's what would happen;
-Cel and Umbra would leave for unknown reasons, and leave the new Oress Holders behind.
-The Oress Holders would still have their Oress, and are welcome to use them as they wish. Bunny would give out the rest that lack owners and aren't reserved, as well as hang out with any of the previous Oress Holders that want to know stuff.
-You'd still see the characters you were probably going to see, but they'll probably just be seen lurking around RPOT in a more lighthearted manner, free to do what they please. Even Umbra and Cel would probably return.
-Castle Oress and Umbra's Mansion will be abandoned, but open. For those of you who still miss the plot, you'd be free to investigate the various items and writings left behind containing the secrets of said cancelled plot.

It'd basically just be a collection plot without much plot. People get the Oress and do whatever they please with them. If people want to get complex, they can visit any two of the abandoned hubs to look for stuff.

Personally, I like this method best, because it works with my restricted computer time. You guys would be free to do whatever with the Oress, and have the option to look into the past of the plot. Plus, it's much easier to introduce all of my new OCs from the Oress Plot's universe without having to worry about integrating them into the plot.

But, maybe that's just me.

Notes
-The Oress Plot was originally a plain old collection plot to protect the universe and stuff. I started making complex developments without telling any of you, so you had to figure it out on your own. I sort of wish I kept it as a collection plot.
-Niya from the old plot = Tayl any longer. Just wanted to clear that up, just in case. Niya and Tayl are seperate people now; Tayl's human form is Larya.
-The old plot involved using the Oress to prevent Niya Mitsu from plunging the universe into Noshara. The second one involved stuff with Mirror Realities and Umbra Tear, the creator of the Oress. This third one was going to follow the same basic storyline as Marionette (the story of one of Halyn's Assistants, focusing heavily on the Oress) with all of the same crazy killings, psychos, drama, and mythology (that only I know about). I'm sort of deciding against that now; I want to keep the storyline of Marionette and the Oress Plot seperate.
-I only cancelled the subplots because the topics stopped getting posts, lol.
-UPS is better than FedEx. Just sayin'.

Discuss~
~The Shop with Stuff~    
cool
Lord Bob
Vampire

HP: 61 MP: 8 Lives: 5

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:19 pm   Reply with quote

Well, seeing how the plot's not progressed at all, I'd try do a simpler plot first, and then see if it could be expanded a little as time went on.
NON BANNER    
Black Yoshi
Vampire

HP: 31 MP: 10 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:20 pm   Reply with quote

At this point, dropping the plot would probably be the best thing for everyone. Ignis is probably going to hang around Umbra's Mansion because it's a free fancy place to crash, and he still has Fyel.

Oh, and I was gonna ask... when you sign away an Oress, does the Oress itself join with the Oress Holder? I never quite figured that out. <.<
The Domain of Secrets    
(:
Tayl

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:23 pm   Reply with quote

@Lord Bob: Sort of like what I did with the original plot, then? It started out as another collection plot, then it got more plot to it and stuff.

@Black: 1) free mansion whoo 2) What exactly do you mean by "does the Oress itself join with the Oress Holder"?
~The Shop with Stuff~    
Black Yoshi
Vampire

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:26 pm   Reply with quote

Tayl wrote:
@Lord Bob: Sort of like what I did with the original plot, then? It started out as another collection plot, then it got more plot to it and stuff.

@Black: 1) free mansion whoo 2) What exactly do you mean by "does the Oress itself join with the Oress Holder"?

I've been told that the actual Oress orb merges into the body of the Oress Holder. I was wondering if that was the case.
The Domain of Secrets    
(:
Tayl

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:31 pm   Reply with quote

Ohhhhhhhhhh.

That's true, in a way.

The actual orb is nothing more than an accessory; proof that they're an Oress Holder. When an Oress Holder is given an Oress, they are given the specific power the orb represented, and they can use that power anytime and anyplace (so long as it's not godmodding) even when the orb itself is miles and miles away.

However, keeping the orb with them enhances the Oress' powers, so it's a good idea to keep it somewhere nearby.
~The Shop with Stuff~    
Black Yoshi
Vampire

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:34 pm   Reply with quote

Tayl wrote:
Ohhhhhhhhhh.

That's true, in a way.

The actual orb is nothing more than an accessory; proof that they're an Oress Holder. When an Oress Holder is given an Oress, they are given the specific power the orb represented, and they can use that power anytime and anyplace (so long as it's not godmodding) even when the orb itself is miles and miles away.

However, keeping the orb with them enhances the Oress' powers, so it's a good idea to keep it somewhere nearby.

That clears a lot up, thanks.

Why do I want to know this? You'll find out soon enough. Shifty
The Domain of Secrets    
Paper Peach

HP: 14 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:35 pm   Reply with quote

I don't quite like the idea of no plot. Even the simple original plot had a plot. But I still love the free-to-do-whatever-you-want aspect. So yeah. Simpler plot, but still keeping the exploring aspect.
Paper Peach's Shop    
cool
Lord Bob
Vampire

HP: 61 MP: 8 Lives: 5

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:37 pm   Reply with quote

Tayl wrote:

Yeah, like that.
NON BANNER    
~A color is just a color~
Frozenwinters

HP: 1 MP: 0 Lives: 4

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:24 pm   Reply with quote

No plot, and I will quit. :) I think a big plot would work if you actually fed us little tidbits, and if people stopped going off topic. Off topic = clutter = people getting lost quickly, because they think a lot of stuff has happened since they last got on when nothing really did = people not posting.

Fax.
The Carmadox Party    
DarkBlueAce
Louis

HP: 99 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:07 am   Reply with quote

Maybe progressively from plot drop plot to big plot so that by the time it gets to the big plot we'll be ready for it.
DarkBlueAce's Shop    
bobz
bobzearth42

HP: 10 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:41 pm   Reply with quote

Quite frankly, at the rate we're going I'mma drop outta the plot entirely.

Now, maybe we can have little plot until you have time to post moar?Unless it takes a rediculous amount of time to get to that point, in which case I say "Go with the small plot, I'll see you guys in it again at the end." 3:|════׀
bobzearth42's Shop    
(:
Tayl

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:16 pm   Reply with quote

The problem with the big plot is that I just don't have the TIME to be on every minute as I used to, and because of that, you guys keep posting things irrelevant to the topic. Then things get out of hand and I decide to make a new topic. Then it starts all over again.

Maybe, if you guys stop posting things that don't relate to plot discussion and what patiently for me to develop the plot, I'll do the big plot in all it's glory.

But I'll only do that if each one of you promises to keep your outside stuff outside of Castle Oress/Umbra's Mansion, you don't stray from the plot, you PM me and get my approval before you do anything that could be considered an "outside plot point", and you don't complain about getting lost {if you get lost, either read over the topic yourself, PM a fellow member, or PM me}.

Of course, I'll have to re-make the hub topics; but none of the current plot points -coughpeoplegetOressandUmbra'sherelolcough- will be erased or altered.

I will not hesitate to drop the plot completely if you guys get things out of hand again. I understand you get bored because I don't have much time to develop the plot, but that doesn't mean you have to post a bunch of unrelated things to keep the topic afloat. It's okay to let the topics sink a little until I post.

Do we have a deal?
~The Shop with Stuff~    
Black Yoshi
Vampire

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:18 pm   Reply with quote

Sounds like a deal. Any time I start to wander off on one of my little off-topic adventures, feel free to bring me back to my senses with a nice -99hp item to the face. :3
The Domain of Secrets    
bobz
bobzearth42

HP: 10 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:22 pm   Reply with quote

... Sound reasonable.

Just don't expect over 200 pages this time.

And, if things get out of hand, yell at us for being fagtards first, don't just immediately drop it. Y'know, try and give us a few chances. 3:|════׀
bobzearth42's Shop    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Your Groups