digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Any chance of making it...
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Feedback
I see what you are doing.
Lord Vaati

HP: 99 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:59 pm   Reply with quote

So that we recover 1 point of MP/HP each day?

Like tomorrow I would gain 1 point and would gain another the next day and so on till I'm at max HP and MP.
Dark World Shop of Magic    
Fat Tuper
lovegod703

HP: 10 MP: 6 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:02 pm   Reply with quote

No we can't.

———————————>awesome
Milton Games    
Lord Vaati

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:03 pm   Reply with quote

I had a feeling that it would be impossible, but it was worth a try.
Dark World Shop of Magic    
i am the sandwich
Vid Inferno
Vampire

HP: 73 MP: 0 Lives: 7

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:12 pm   Reply with quote

Fat Tuper wrote:
No we can't.

———————————>awesome
What are you talking about? I'm quite sure it's possible. I think that recovering HP or MP at a slow rate every once in a while is a great idea. Maybe not 1 MP a day, since MP tends to be the more rare and expensive points, but 1 HP sounds about right. MP could be distributed in rarer increments, but either way, regeneration is a great idea.
Anti-Francis Mart    
Lord Vaati

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:14 pm   Reply with quote

I decided to talk about it since I made a group for the members here that use items that could be considered spells.
Dark World Shop of Magic    
TooManyToasters
Paper_Waluigi

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:18 pm   Reply with quote

I reiterate, the HP system is dead and useless and nobody cares about it anymore. ФֻФ
asdf    
Fat Tuper
lovegod703

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:19 pm   Reply with quote

Vid Inferno wrote:
Fat Tuper wrote:
No we can't.

———————————>awesome
What are you talking about? I'm quite sure it's possible. I think that recovering HP or MP at a slow rate every once in a while is a great idea. Maybe not 1 MP a day, since MP tends to be the more rare and expensive points, but 1 HP sounds about right. MP could be distributed in rarer increments, but either way, regeneration is a great idea.
No, it's very possible.

...It just ruins the battle system.

In Pokémon, Paper Mario, Final Fantasy, etc., do you regain health by running from the battle and waiting 5 minutes? No.

———————————>awesome
Milton Games    
Lord Vaati

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:19 pm   Reply with quote

rASSto wrote:
I reiterate, the HP system is dead and useless and nobody cares about it anymore. ФֻФ
I care about it Sad
Dark World Shop of Magic    
i am the sandwich
Vid Inferno
Vampire

HP: 73 MP: 0 Lives: 7

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:28 pm   Reply with quote

Fat Tuper wrote:
No, it's very possible.
Fat Tuper wrote:
No we can't.
Be more specific; you were implying that it couldn't be done when it can, while keeping the reasons against it from the topic.

Fat Tuper wrote:

In Pokémon, Paper Mario, Final Fantasy, etc., do you regain health by running from the battle and waiting 5 minutes? No.

———————————>awesome
Because other systems didn't do it, you don't think that an entirely different battle system from those games won't work with it? Say why it won't work with here instead of comparing it to others. First of all, with only one HP left, it would take a massive 99 days to fully heal HP. We're talking about healing very minimally. It would also give members with less coins and such who don't use cash to slowly regenerate their HP without the need of items. It can also restore minimal amounts of health when hit by weak attacks or such, like Cupid-Arrow damage or a 1 damage attack. It should also be self explanatory that HP won't regenerate while dead, because every person on Digibutter wouldn't be dead after a single day; nobody really could stay dead.
Anti-Francis Mart    
Fat Tuper
lovegod703

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:36 pm   Reply with quote

Vid Inferno wrote:
Fat Tuper wrote:
No, it's very possible.
Fat Tuper wrote:
No we can't.
Be more specific; you were implying that it couldn't be done when it can, while keeping the reasons against it from the topic.

Fat Tuper wrote:

———————————>awesome
Because other systems didn't do it, you don't think that an entirely different battle system from those games won't work with it? Say why it won't work with here instead of comparing it to others. First of all, with only one HP left, it would take a massive 99 days to fully heal HP. We're talking about healing very minimally. It would also give members with less coins and such who don't use cash to slowly regenerate their HP without the need of items. It can also restore minimal amounts of health when hit by weak attacks or such, like Cupid-Arrow damage or a 1 damage attack. It should also be self explanatory that HP won't regenerate while dead, because every person on Digibutter wouldn't be dead after a single day; nobody really could stay dead.
But there's a good reason as to why the other things didn't use it. It ruins the point. On Digi, no one ever attacks anyone, anyway. It would be terrible for the Digi economy if everyone had to buy more expensive stuff to kill people when we could easily fix that.

———————————>awesome
Milton Games    
Lord Vaati

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:38 pm   Reply with quote

It would make it harder for the rich people which I see as a plus.

The rich could easily kill anyone with the coins they have.
Dark World Shop of Magic    
Fat Tuper
lovegod703

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:40 pm   Reply with quote

Vaati wrote:
It would make it harder for the rich people which I see as a plus.

The rich could easily kill anyone with the coins they have.
This is another bad thing. Rich people could do all they want, with normal people suffereing.

———————————>awesome
Milton Games    
Lord Vaati

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:48 pm   Reply with quote

Note to self keep mouth shut so I don't end up having things used against my ideas.
Dark World Shop of Magic    
LIL BLUE VS. BIG BLUE
Crappy Blue Luigi
Vampire

HP: 95 MP: 7 Lives: 2

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:57 pm   Reply with quote

Fat Tuper wrote:
In Pokémon, Paper Mario, Final Fantasy, etc., do you regain health by running from the battle and waiting 5 minutes?

No, but in Paper Mario, you can equip Happy Heart and Flower badges, which slowly restore heart and flower points.

And who said anything about five minutes? All I heard was "a day." One or two days is reasonable. Five minutes is not.

But aside from that, rASSto is right. The battle system is, and has been, shit, and will eventually be replaced when the new battle system project actually gets off the ground.
Paradeem 8    
oar
Super Maiq the Liar

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:01 pm   Reply with quote

Fat Tuper wrote:
Vid Inferno wrote:
Fat Tuper wrote:
No, it's very possible.
Fat Tuper wrote:
No we can't.

Fat Tuper wrote:

———————————>awesome
But there's a good reason as to why the other things didn't use it. It ruins the point. On Digi, no one ever attacks anyone, anyway. It would be terrible for the Digi economy if everyone had to buy more expensive stuff to kill people when we could easily fix that.

———————————>awesome

If a rich person wanted someone dead, they would just kill them. You'd only regenerate 1 HP a day, so being hit in the middle of the day means you're stuck with the new amount.

Anyway, Phantast Star Online/Universe have items that allow HP regeneration, most of the Tales games have had it in some way, too(as well as TP regeneration after battles). Oblivion has regenerating Magicka, and you regen HP and MP slowly when you're not in combat in World of Warcraft.

Don't wounds heal in real life, or are you actualy required to visit a hospital or drink medicine to heal each little scrape?
Tamriellic Titles    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Feedback