digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

The seven Koopalings.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Super Mario Galaxy
Krazy Monkey

HP: 100 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:46 am   Reply with quote

Am I the only one who thinks they should have been included in this game? Think about it- This game had SO many references to Super Mario Bros. 3, such as the suit power-ups (they might not be the exact same ones, but still), remixed music, and most importantly, the airship stages. Seriously, what's the deal? Why do they insist on neglecting these characters? When you think about it, Bowser Jr. is pretty much a blatant disregard for them, anyway. Don't get me wrong- I don't hate Bowser Jr. Not at all. I just don't understand WHY they continue to use him in the place of ALL SEVEN Koopalings, despite the blatant references that were made to their stages in SMB3. I'm not just talking about Bowser Jr.'s stage, either. This also goes for Kamella's.

Lifeless Intellectual
Crappy Shifty Luigi
Dead
Dead

HP: 0 MP: 4 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:00 pm   Reply with quote

I agree. The game would be longer, there would be more stars, Luigi would look cooler defeating the Koopalings, but Nintendo has tricks up their sleeves, who KNOWS what will happen next.
The BroBot Market    
AKA Seņor AWESOME
Super Silverchain

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:33 am   Reply with quote

For God's sake, don't you think that if they're not coming back in SMG, they're not coming back at all? Face it, the Koopalings are done.

The Ultimate...
Koopakiller

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:03 pm   Reply with quote

Silverchain wrote:
For God's sake, don't you think that if they're not coming back in SMG, they're not coming back at all? Face it, the Koopalings are done.

unfortunatly
Koopakiller's Shop    
Sync
MALAK

HP: 10 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:06 pm   Reply with quote

All throughout this board's life i've seem various topics just like this one.

And sadly I have to say that their job is done; only time we'll prolly ever see them again is a reference in one of the Mario RPGs. :U
Hammerspace    
Krazy Monkey

HP: 100 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:35 pm   Reply with quote

I'll never be able to understand why Nintendo can't use both the Koopalings AND Bowser Jr. It makes absolutely NO sense to me as to why they're using ONE character to replace all seven of them.

Mariofan9

HP: 50 MP: 10 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:05 pm   Reply with quote

Yeah, it's sadly been a while since we saw the Koopalings last.
That was in Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga, if I recall correctly. Man, Nintendo really needs to bring them back.
Shop of Identities    
Certified Loser
Gummysquid

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:29 pm   Reply with quote

The Koopalings probably won't ever come back, not that I wouldn't want to see them again.

They're using Bowser jr. as substitue for all of them because it's a middle ground for everybody.

Yoshi
Vampire

HP: 60 MP: 6 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:25 pm   Reply with quote

The Koopalings are done. Their last appearance was pathetically minor, and it was only from the fanbase of the characters. However, think about all of this for a second. There's a deeper reason than Nintendo forgetting, because they didn't. The Koopalings get constant references. Super Mario sunshine had Mario fighting Iggy/Larry in the corner while FLUDD annalyzed Mario, allong with afew other cameos, such as Fort Francis itself. On Francis's to buy list is "Larry Koopa: Zombie Hearbreaker". If you need more, there's New Super Mario Bros. There's no direct reference, and the one that's present is pretty minor, but look at the worlds. Grass, Desert, Water, jungle, (but the boss is a giant goomba) mountain, ice, sky, dark. 7 of those are directly from Super Mario Bros. 3. The missing one is Pipe Land, which I honestly don't expect from then.

Nowadays, Jr., and Petey Piranha are going to be bosses, along with random, new guys. And seriously, how are Koopaling going to differ in battle? The differences were minor IMO in Bros. 3, and in Super Mario World, only one of the Koopalings had original gameplay during his fight. Nintendo could probably do something with it. Larry could fight with sluething, spy stuff, while Ludwig could use a giant robot. However, this would involve Nintendo to actually think, which is something we really shouldn't hope for.

Plus, there's 3D models. I always thought games were going downhill because graphics were harder to make. I think that it comes into play atleast a little.

I've been going to Lemmy's land for the past three weeks. It's only natural for me to get talkative in this topic.
PSI and more    
koopakape
Supa Koopa

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:07 pm   Reply with quote

well, there IS the whole 'unused sprites of them in Super Princess Peach' thing...

I kinda doubt we'll really see them as major characters anymore, though, I'd like to at least get an explanation as to where exactly they went and why exactly Bowser Jr.'s suddenly the only one that's around (though I doubt even that'd happen). When you take a look back on it, the naming-after-popular-music-people was a tiny bit silly and a a lot of younger people wouldn't get most of the name references (I myself didn't even as a kid for a long time).. and it's much easier only having one 'mini-bowser' while they can focus on all-new big bad bosses and such.

Personally, I care *nothing* for characters like Petey Piranha and not a whole heck of a lot for Bowser Jr., but if nothing else, the Paper Mario series offers some really colorful and cool bosses, and Nintendo's decision to suddenly bring back awesome things like Magikoopas and the Airship levels themselves is great.

One thing I could see potentially actually coming back is Boom-Boom, though, but who knows.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Super Mario Galaxy